+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unaddressed Assassin Bugs

Rift Disciple

Default Unaddressed Assassin Bugs

I love assassin blah blah blah let's talk about the sin bugs Trion has yet to address.

Bug #1: "You are too far away"/"You must be facing your target"
    This occurs often after you stun your target. No matter what distance, angle, you name it there is no way to attack them until the stun wears off. Broken.

Bug #2: Slip Away Not Breaking Pet Aggro
    Slip away, find a safe place to drink, only to discover you're going to have to kill one or two pets who didn't get the memo that you slipped away and left. Broken.

These are PvP bugs, they may occur in PvE but I can't confirm that. They do however happen in PvP and I've had multiple people confirm their existence, not just myself. Feel free to post any other sin bugs you've encountered. I'm loving sin but these bugs (particularly bug #1) are way overdue to be fixed.
    hey i'm caribizzle.. i backpedal, overextend, NINJA LOOT, and drop terminology to try and make myself sound good

Shadowlander

i get Bug #1 alot on my assassin when istun someone.. ussually when i stun a player, and then cant hit them for 2-3 seconds. its a complete waste of a stun, and it happens alot..

people are going to tell you that its Lag or high MS. im running 230 MS atm from Australia on a US server and that shouldnt be the reason.

I agree. Let's also add the following: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ound-some-bugs

<Addiction>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clarion - 50 Warrior (PVE) | Yugoboom - 50 Rogue (PVP)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithe View Post
    i get Bug #1 alot on my assassin when istun someone.. ussually when i stun a player, and then cant hit them for 2-3 seconds. its a complete waste of a stun, and it happens alot..

people are going to tell you that its Lag or high MS. im running 230 MS atm from Australia on a US server and that shouldnt be the reason.
    i usually have 80 or 90 ms and can confirm that it's not lag related in any way. usually i can't hit them for the full duration of the stun which is either 4 seconds or 2 seconds. yes, complete waste of a stun, making the stun worse than rift prison because at least in rift prison you can build up cps. definitely not something you want to have happen to you in a pvp situation.
    hey i'm caribizzle.. i backpedal, overextend, NINJA LOOT, and drop terminology to try and make myself sound good

Rift Disciple

The out of range bug after stun affects not only you, the person doing the stunning. Once a player bugs out like this, nobody can hit him. Although sometimes, I've managed to range the guy by taking a few steps back.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Freida View Post
    The out of range bug after stun affects not only you, the person doing the stunning. Once a player bugs out like this, nobody can hit him. Although sometimes, I've managed to range the guy by taking a few steps back.
    this is interesting. i have tried every range/direction/angle/placement possible in this situation and haven't been able to hit him no matter what until the stun wears off though.

about bug #2... i just slip'd away and had a defiant centurion, whatever the elite defiant mob in scion is, chase me around the map while i was stealthed. i had hidden veil up and elusiveness, he kept chasing me and wacking on me till i died.

Bug #1 is caused by a player jumping and you stunning him in mid-air. This will cause the animation to continue the jump and land further ahead. The player, on the other hand, is still standing at the spot where he started his jump (although he appears to be somewhere else). It IS possible to keep hitting him, but you'll need to be lucky and find his position.
    It's a very annoying bug that happens way too often.
    Last edited by Cinerus; 05-23-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Rift Disciple

Another bug for Sins is after casting Paralyzing Strike and then I hit Puncture, some how Final Blow gets cast and no idea why. Its not a macro,

Plane Touched

I've had bugs with Assassinate not adding 3 combo points when you have it specc'd to 100% add an additional combo point.

Aslong with the general melee out of range / can't see, can't attacks bugs due to stun bugs, jumping bugs, LoS bugs or whatever.

It can make melee unplayable at times, with snare now on DR it makes it even harder to attack players that just bunnyhop away.

Would almost like to see autoturn from Aion, jumping changed to be like SWG, delayed, slow and essentially pointless in pvp.

I see everyone bunnyhopping in WFs these days, Warriors, Mages, Clerics. Clerics love it, along with stacked defence it makes them avoid lots of melee hits, like having perma Side-Steps.
    Last edited by Jaekal; 05-24-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Caribizzle View Post
    I love assassin blah blah blah let's talk about the sin bugs Trion has yet to address.

Bug #1: "You are too far away"/"You must be facing your target"
    This occurs often after you stun your target. No matter what distance, angle, you name it there is no way to attack them until the stun wears off. Broken.

Bug #2: Slip Away Not Breaking Pet Aggro
    Slip away, find a safe place to drink, only to discover you're going to have to kill one or two pets who didn't get the memo that you slipped away and left. Broken.

These are PvP bugs, they may occur in PvE but I can't confirm that. They do however happen in PvP and I've had multiple people confirm their existence, not just myself. Feel free to post any other sin bugs you've encountered. I'm loving sin but these bugs (particularly bug #1) are way overdue to be fixed.
    Bug #1 pisses me off because it occurs when someone is jumping around. That is the only reason why so many people jump around in pvp. There is NZo other reason unless you are strafing and ranged (MM), to do this. So the bunny hopping aholes know this and do it. Annoying as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    Bug #1 pisses me off because it occurs when someone is jumping around. That is the only reason why so many people jump around in pvp. There is NZo other reason unless you are strafing and ranged (MM), to do this. So the bunny hopping aholes know this and do it. Annoying as ****.
    No.

The reason i jump in PvP is to rearrange my camera angle. Simple as that.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Rift Disciple

Bump because they're still not fixed

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Caribizzle View Post
    Bump because they're still not fixed
    the first issue is addressed in the 1.3 patch notes. (problems with many abilities after a stun)

not sure about the second issue

+ Reply to Thread