+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has 32 nb 34 Sin disappeared in light of 3x sin 21 bd 1x inf?

Rift Disciple

Default Has 32 nb 34 Sin disappeared in light of 3x sin 21 bd 1x inf?

Hi,

Rank 5 sin here. Since launch my primary spec was 34 Sin 32 NB. Since 1.2's implementation I RARELY see any Nightblades out there. I started running x sin 21 bd 1x inf for a change of pace and to see what the bid deal was and it's amazing for taking down warriors, mages, melee Rogues but against healers and MM I have a hard time. I'm more than likely doing it wrong when it comes to healers and i HATE being kited by MM, not gonna lie I am new to the spec but as a NB healers were a freakin joke. Is anyone out there still running NB/Sin? If so how's it holding up?

Also how are the 51 Sin specs holding up? I'm going to give it shot, once with 51 Sin 15 Inf and 51 Sin 15 BD. Has anyone ran these two specs thoroughly and if so which do you find better? I'd love to see how how do as a 51 sin as Serpent Strike has always intrigued me, I am looking forward to trying out.
    Zeratul - 50 Rank 6 Rogue/Zeratulz 4x Mage - Seastone Defiant - Rift

DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion
    Zeratul/Zeratulz/Zeratuls

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zeratulz View Post
    Hi,

Rank 5 sin here. Since launch my primary spec was 34 Sin 32 NB. Since 1.2's implementation I RARELY see any Nightblades out there. I started running x sin 21 bd 1x inf for a change of pace and to see what the bid deal was and it's amazing for taking down warriors, mages, melee Rogues but against healers and MM I have a hard time. I'm more than likely doing it wrong when it comes to healers and i HATE being kited by MM, not gonna lie I am new to the spec but as a NB healers were a freakin joke. Is anyone out there still running NB/Sin? If so how's it holding up?

Also how are the 51 Sin specs holding up? I'm going to give it shot, once with 51 Sin 15 Inf and 51 Sin 15 BD. Has anyone ran these two specs thoroughly and if so which do you find better? I'd love to see how how do as a 51 sin as Serpent Strike has always intrigued me, I am looking forward to trying out.
    I still run 33sin/33nb, I also have a 51sin/13inf/2 mm that I keep. But, in wf's I still prefer nb... Not as much burst, but better at killing healers, and 90% of the time in WF's I'm going for the healer.

Ebon furry, plus the sin bleeds is tough to heal through.
    Last edited by Blackhalo; 05-23-2011 at 01:39 PM.
    Azuric- Sunrest.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhalo View Post
    I still run 33sin/33nb, I also have a 51sin/13inf/2 mm that I keep. But, in wf's I still prefer nb... Not as much burst, but better at killing healers, and 90% of the time in WF's I'm going for the healer.

Weapon flare with fell blades is a great way to bust a group up. Build 5cp, pop sod, spam wf. Let the rest of the dps burn them down while they take 50% less heals.

Rift Disciple

Still running 34/32. It's just so versatile I'm having a hard time ditching it, but I am starting to get bored with it, so I'm considering some other builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeratulz View Post
    Hi,

I roll with a 51p Sin spec and i can kill just about anyone....except PR6 healing clerics. Its not that i can't kill them, but eventually i lose interest in a target that never dies. With a 51p Sin spec you can also run around out of stealth and still retain decent DPS when attacking.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    I roll with a 51p Sin spec and i can kill just about anyone....except PR6 healing clerics. Its not that i can't kill them, but eventually i lose interest in a target that never dies. With a 51p Sin spec you can also run around out of stealth and still retain decent DPS when attacking.
    I can see the reason why people still stick with the nightblade/sin spec due to the fellblades and range attacks.

Just for the record - I am not a 50 yet but been PvPing my way up and currently sit at 39 so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. Weapon Barrage is so helpful for me it's really hard for me to consider dropping bladedancer because of it. That coupled with the obvious deadly strike/deadly dance buff and flash of steel my mobility still is pretty damn good.

I am going 31 sin / 28 bd / 7 inf. The reason I am taking more in Bladedancer is because I like to take on warriors and rogues. 28 in bd gives me a dodge stun and up's my energy and bladedancer damage. I realize I lose impale but I am keeping it straight forward and using deadly strike as my finisher. I considered improved final blow but I feel Vivacity is a bigger return since my main combo point builders are bladedancer skills (obviously) and the extra energy really helps. I miss out in 2 points in Murderous Thoughts in the Inf tree but that will only impact my assassin swings so it's a trade off for more energy and a dodge stun that I'm willing to sacrifice.

The spec - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....xbdNkoMR0d.xb

I will though have a nightblade / sin spec to run with too and bladedancer will probably sit there in last soul spot with no points because I love the evade buff and won't need break free as much with 20m attacks. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ddR.qhtRGoMRos.

Off topic: You know, I hate the fact puncture has a bleed dot. I am not a firm believer of jagged strike in PvP because of blinding powder and dark containment being nullified when they're up.

no sin here at all.
    zerkerbuild for the win 28 bd 20 inf 18 nb :-)

Rift Disciple

Since 1.2 I've been running the fotm sin/bd/inf spec and it's an amazing spec. However for the first time yesterday I tried 51 sin 15 inf and I have to say I think I've found what I was meant to be..........A "wtf happened to my health" killing machine. It is such an amazing spec, such burst, people fall right over when you open on them lol. It's sad but OH so fun. I'm going to try 51 sin/15 bd next for even more burst. I want to say it will work because of Hidden Veil and I'll have so much more damage. Coming from 32 nb 34 sin it's like I'm in a whole different world now LOL.
    Zeratul - 50 Rank 6 Rogue/Zeratulz 4x Mage - Seastone Defiant - Rift

DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion
    Zeratul/Zeratulz/Zeratuls

Xsi

For me, NB is less popular because the defensive piece of the Infil tree was nerfed (which stacked well with NB when you are waiting for cooldowns).

Add MM's Eradicate and higher burst damage (from BD and Sin) so Fell Blades (NB's premier utility piece in warfronts) and NB is also not needed as badly anymore to take down healers (still have old tools like Anathema and silences/stuns too).

NB is still a decent PvP spec but NB revolves around several cooldown dependent abilities which doesn't mesh well with a lot of play-styles so it doesn't surprise me at all that it is less seen than before.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhalo View Post

ditto. i still run 33/33, ill not lose fell blades for nothing.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

This interests me greatly, but I'm a bit curious about these two builds

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ddR.qhtRGoMRos
    vs
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...os.0AMbt0boz.0

The extra survivability of the later is stunning. Slip away without a way to cleanse damage also seems iffy since you WILL be dotted.

However the former looses impale, which seems like THE big finisher to throw early on someone (and i presume final blow or blazing strike when they are low for the burst.

So confused, but I'm leaning to the 32/34. Also seems like a super complex build,lots of things to manage. Very appealing

Rift Disciple

Query..

How you generally fight in this spec?

I.E is it..

Jagged Strike
    Puncture
    >5cp SoD
    >Foul Play
    Dusk Strike(2cp)
    ?
    ?
    ?
    >5cp Impale
    macro spam
    >5cp Final Blow ?

Twilight Strike/Dusk to Dawn if they run away?

+ Reply to Thread