+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Noob Bard questions

Rift Disciple

Default Some Noob Bard questions

Hi all

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I just made a rogue for the first time and Im leveling up a Bard... so far I love it but Im not sure if Im doing everything exactly right.

So - Ill try to make this simple/point form so its quick

1) What stats do you normally go for first and foremost as a Bard?
    2) I assume its a good idea to macro all my mofits? Given they all stack I find myself casting them one at a time as I go
    3) I normally use Wraith as a finisher for 1 mob and fury for a finisher for multiple. That sound about right?
    4) Which 2 souls should I be pairing up with my bard for leveling? Right now Im a Ranger/Bard/Riftstalker - Ranger for the pet ofc.
    5) Any other tips/tricks I should know about?

Im only level 19 so far, so still a ways to go. I find this a very refreshing class - my favorite to date (By far actually)

Thanks for all the help. If there's a link I should be looking at to answer all these please post away - I looked through the forums but I didn't see anything specific to what I was asking

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Stayonboard View Post
    Hi all

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I just made a rogue for the first time and Im leveling up a Bard... so far I love it but Im not sure if Im doing everything exactly right.

So - Ill try to make this simple/point form so its quick

2) I assume its a good idea to macro all my mofits? Given they all stack I find myself casting them one at a time as I go
    3) I normally use Wraith as a finisher for 1 mob and fury for a finisher for multiple. That sound about right?
    4) Which 2 souls should I be pairing up with my bard for leveling? Right now Im a Ranger/Bard/Riftstalker - Ranger for the pet ofc.

Im only level 19 so far, so still a ways to go. I find this a very refreshing class - my favorite to date (By far actually)

Thanks for all the help. If there's a link I should be looking at to answer all these please post away - I looked through the forums but I didn't see anything specific to what I was asking

1. The normal rogue dps stats (dex, crit, hit (at lvl 50), str)

2. Macros can only cast one spell at a time, so you cant really macro all your motifs together as none of them have cooldowns.

3. Yes that is right.

4. Most people use ranger with bard.

5. Yes leveling with bard as your main soul after the first few levels will start to become slow since bards dont put out much dps. You would be better off leveling with Ranger as your main soul and bard as a secondary soul.

That said, as long as you are having fun, thats all that matters , just make sure you have a pure dps spec for when you group up for dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Stayonboard View Post
    1. Dex/AttackPower/PhysCrit are the main ones. Then Endurance, then Strength.
    2. You cannot macro all motifs in one macro, it doesn't work. You'll have to press 5 buttons for 5 motifs. I know, it sucks.
    3. That's pretty much it for solo play. Or you could use Ranger's HeadShot as a single-target finisher if it does more damage. For group play, use the two bard finishers that make the mobs take more physical and magical damage. Coda of Cowardice and the other one which name I forgot.
    4. Nightblade is a good pairing for bard. Put points into the skill that increases damage of combo builders. It will increase the damage of Cadence and increase the healing you get from it. Ranger, like you already have, is a good third soul. Some people use Saboteur as the third soul.
    5. If you rely on the pig for tanking, make sure you put enough points (26?) into ranger after you hit level 30. The regular pig tank only goes up to level 30 max, so it won't be able to tank anything much higher level than that. You'll need the greater razorbeast.

+ Reply to Thread