+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hellfire soulstone essence

Rift Chaser

Default Hellfire soulstone essence

Hi im wondering if anyone have done some parsing with this greater? if so is it worth using over lets say a epic lesser?

long ago someone posted some numbers, dont remember offhand but am thinking around the 20dps range which puts it above a lesser.

im personally giving up on greaters however since they are situational. for instance, all the proc ones proc more for melee than ranged giving a much lower dps if you range at all (and if you are a rogue, odds are one of your roles is ranged of some type). for max single target melee dps (ie plutonus and not much else) there are some greaters which are amazing, but for ALL the other bosses... not really worth it. im thinking of going 6 lessers since then i wont have any wasted ones when barding or ranging.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Chaser

yea i guess we better off with 6 lesser so that way it benefit any role for the most part.

Thx for reply

Source Machines aren't unique. You can buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by Leharic View Post
    Source Machines aren't unique. You can buy more.
    dunno how long you like to farm, but let's say you make a ranged dps, bard, and melee dps source machine (arguably the same gear, not talking pvp or tanking here). for dps you would need to spend 40 inscribed stones for the 10 lessers (unless you get lucky drops) and another 50 for the greater for your desired spec and then buy/get the raid greater for high dps... now fast forward and multiple this by 3!!! since bard would use the bard greater and ranger would use the ranger greater (which btw is amazing, a free 100AP? best greater period imo but only usable as ranger...). so now you spent on average 40x3 +50x3 = 270 inscribed sourcestones +/- depending if you go with 5 lessers and/or get raid drops.

im sorry it's much better to go 6 lessers, spend your 60 inscribed and have 1 source machine for all things pve dps/bard.

with that said, you should make a pvp and tank source machine if you do those things, and you need enough inscribed as it is, i wouldnt advise making more than 3.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shield of Telara

Well it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. On average on the parses I have looked at Hellfire blades equals ~25 dps.

-----------------------------
    Hellfire Blades
    The Rogue enchants their weapons with Fire, and each weapon attack has a 20% chance to deal 54 Fire damage. Lasts 1 hour. Only 2 weapon enchantments can be applied at a time.

------------------------------
    Hellfire Soulstone
    Equip: Increases the damage of Hellfire Blades by 50.
    -----------------------------

Since, it Hellfire blades cannot crit. That pretty much means one of these will simply double the dps you get from hellfire blades to about ~50 dps.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

+ Reply to Thread