+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I've found some bugs

Default So I've found some bugs

#1 - 50% or more of the time if I use Flash of Steel (Bladedancer) while attacking an enemy player they fall through the world, escape the stun effect and wind up 10m ahead of me when they resurface.

#2 - Often, while attacking a player from melee-range I receive an error that they are out of range or out of line of sight even though they are DIRECTLY infront of me.

Less-Importantly....

#3 - Everytime some marksman spams Fan Out, it pulls me out of stealth. It's not an area of effect spell, it's a multi-shot. (If it were done in reality it would require you to see me first to aim.)

#4 - Warrior AOE Fear will cause me to be feared when I'm stealthed. (If im invisible, why would I be afraid?)

<Addiction>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clarion - 50 Warrior (PVE) | Yugoboom - 50 Rogue (PVP)

Prophet of Telara

#2 - Agreed! This is getting terribly frustrating because it commonly happens right when I use Foul Play. What I do during that stun is IMPORTANT to beating most other callings, and it just gets wasted for 30 seconds and gives them the DR timer. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

#3/4 - I'm pretty sure these are not bugs, but "working as intended". I do agree with the logic and that they should be changed though.

Soulwalker

#3 agreed, if its the case where they are not aimed shots, then don't have them hit every target 100% of the time, stealth or not.

Rift Disciple

All good points.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by phpisuber01 View Post
    #4 - Warrior AOE Fear will cause me to be feared when I'm stealthed. (If im invisible, why would I be afraid?)
    Actually you should be saying

"Why do i stay in stealth when i am feared?"

If your running for your life how can you do it stealthily?
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Actually you should be saying

"Why do i stay in stealth when i am feared?"

If your running for your life how can you do it stealthily?
    Good point... IF you didnt overlook the first argument of simple logic -- which is getting feared in the first place.

IMO, this is low priority, lets get the bugs fixed.

<Addiction>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clarion - 50 Warrior (PVE) | Yugoboom - 50 Rogue (PVP)

Soulwalker

I've found a bug concerning the infiltrator stealth "camouflage" myself.

The first and most annoying is probably the bug that when you move (as a marksman) onto you pedestal you get unstealthed, every single time.
    I know the same bug has been fixed for the nightblade stealth so I quite don't get how they could've overseen the infi stealth-bug like that.

Ascendant

Good point... IF you didnt overlook the first argument of simple logic -- which is getting feared in the first place.

IMO, this is low priority, lets get the bugs fixed.
    What argument of simple logic..

You are in the radius of a spell or ability that causes fear.. You are not immune to said fear (as stealth does not give you such immunity)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Camouflage is bugged. it puts me out of stealth without no reason. tested this yesterday while watching some docus. i was afk mostly in SM, no mobs around. its nearly impossible to be stealthed 5 minutes without that annoying bug.
    i also seem to be visible sometimes for emeny players while in camouflage.

Telaran

#1 - 50% or more of the time if I use Flash of Steel (Bladedancer) while attacking an enemy player they fall through the world, escape the stun effect and wind up 10m ahead of me when they resurface.

#2 - Often, while attacking a player from melee-range I receive an error that they are out of range or out of line of sight even though they are DIRECTLY infront of me.

Less-Importantly....

#3 - Everytime some marksman spams Fan Out, it pulls me out of stealth. It's not an area of effect spell, it's a multi-shot. (If it were done in reality it would require you to see me first to aim.)

#1 - My main buid is BD/RS/NB I use Flash of steel but never happened to me something like you describe.
    #2 - never happened to be, but I seldom use stealth, may be you are too close (something like you are INSIDE the target..?
    #3 and #4 - I agree they are things working as intended. I guess MM attack can be seen as an archer "covering" firing a lot of arrow around the main target hitting without aiming. A dreadful warrior is frightening if you are steathed or if he is not! Agree that the the strange fact is that a frighted rogue remain stelthed!

Since 1.2 Riftstalker shifts starts again to be not as rliable as they were before. If you have a target on your line of sight often you'll waste you ability without reaching the intended target; sure the damage would be done but the main objective (reaching the terget) won't be achieved..

Here's another bug.

The necrotic semblance major planar essence item will make you assume some lich form. It looks like it sometimes wipes out your marksman pedestal.

if your running for you life you wouldn't be very stealthy about it(break stealth)
    And the little Warrior said to the little Mage "One day I'm going to grow up to be a fierce dual wielding Paragon and people will run in fear because I'll be so Intimidating in Battle" The Mage looked at the little Warrior and said "Ya well, I'm going to be a Pyromancer" and that was that.
    \(Q_Q)/ <---sad paragon

Quote Originally Posted by algol80 View Post
    Since 1.2 Riftstalker shifts starts again to be not as rliable as they were before. If you have a target on your line of sight often you'll waste you ability without reaching the intended target; sure the damage would be done but the main objective (reaching the terget) won't be achieved..
    With Shadow Warp, this is because of a faulty camera. Anytime you're in a spot where an obstruction is behind you, thus pushing your camera closer to you, where you click the ground, actually thinks you're clicking in a different spot. Sometimes I've had this shift me backwards as if I clicked the wall behind me, other times I've had it shift me 2 steps forward, as if the "pushed in camera" was not accepting the mouse click but the "normal zoomed out" camera was. So when you click where you think you should, you're really not. It's frustrating, but the only way I've been able to make sure I'm shifting properly, I have to move my camera down, closer to level with the ground, and zoom in a bit so the camera isn't being pushed in by an obstruction, like the wall behind you, hanging objects like in DD, a tree or stump, etc.

As for other shifts that have a set distance or place, it's the poor geometry detection and it often finds the smallest pebble or bump and says "Oh, I've hit something, I can't go further!"
    Rules to Live by<insert ceiling cat here>
    Moar werld content plx!

Rift Disciple

This happens to me all the time. I also notice that there is a "deadzone" where I cannot attack with a bow or with my melee weapons. I have to run away from the enemy a bit, hit them with my ranged attack (swift shot) and then run back in (with the speed boost from swift shot) to catch them.

And of course jumping. Why can I not hit people that are jumping? This bug becomes really clear when you are in stealth trying to sap or attack someone who is jumping. Because when in stealth there is not the usual confusion of combat it is quite apparent that I just cannot hit the jumping player. I also see bug #2 when in stealth often, regardless of whether the enemy is jumping. This never seems to happen in pve as far as I can tell, only pvp.

+ Reply to Thread