+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Instigate

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    247

    Default Instigate

    I have been tanking since my rift pixels could barley walk and have never had any issues with the skill "instigate." As of late i notice that this skill seems to be 50/50 chance, at points it is as if it doesn't even effect the enemy and goes straight to a CD.

    So this leads me to ask, have any of you other proud rogue tanks had an issue with instigate?
    <img src=http://common.zam.com/riftsigs/1915553.png border=0 alt= />

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Mikeyrevile View Post
    I have been tanking since my rift pixels could barley walk and have never had any issues with the skill "instigate." As of late i notice that this skill seems to be 50/50 chance, at points it is as if it doesn't even effect the enemy and goes straight to a CD.

    So this leads me to ask, have any of you other proud rogue tanks had an issue with instigate?
    Not instigate specifically, but I've had both our Warrior and Cleric tanks mention the same thing. Taunts are on a diminishing return though, does this happen on the first taunt?

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    yes, many many many times.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    Not instigate specifically, but I've had both our Warrior and Cleric tanks mention the same thing. Taunts are on a diminishing return though, does this happen on the first taunt?
    I play RS Tank and I'm having some Problem, due to Diminishing returns. According to the patch, within a 30 seconds window:

    First Taunt Guarantee
    2nd Taunt 50% Reduction
    3rd immune.

    Also not sure if this Effects my AoE Threat ablities, but ive generally noticed when there's Melee in the group that have a higher amount of DPS aswell.

    Just need tell DPS to give a couple of Sec before DPSing ahrd now. no more DPS dumps on initial pull

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    135

    Default

    i think that while DR certainly can be part of the problem another is that dps'es tend to happily dps the target you need to taunt, before you actually get to get it in range for some really threat on it, making it go straight back to the dps once the taunt actually wear off
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansanity View Post
    It was even funnier in certain other games; where a leather clad cow (heh heh) then shapeshifts into a completely unarmoured bear-tank... but no one really minded that... because it's maaaagic (whereas a mage isn't?!).

  6. #6
    Soulwalker Demitrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    it is more a tag one on pull or if one breaks off tag it to bring back to you tool. with every cp builder we have generating threat and RD in between its not really needed except for those 2 times.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker aems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default

    half the time i don't use instigate, but I have been noticing miss fire skill actions.. IE i use Scatter the Shadows and it just sits there idle and I use another skill w/o realizing it making my panic button never fired off.. I now have a 3rd eye on my action bars

    So I guess yes and no.. also is it possible for a mob to resist a taunt?

  8. #8
    Ascendant Mulch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    Yes have witnessed problems with it... sorta wonder if it's "dodged" or something like that...

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    What do you think about this? I noticed instigate works much better on melee mobs...but if you instigate a caster, it does not interrupt them thus still attacking his target. Now if the cast lasts more than the instigate time (3 sec), it will continue to attack his target because instigate was basically skipped over. IMO the instigate should trigger when the caster is finished his first spell. That's my theory anyway.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aems View Post
    half the time i don't use instigate, but I have been noticing miss fire skill actions.. IE i use Scatter the Shadows and it just sits there idle and I use another skill w/o realizing it making my panic button never fired off.. I now have a 3rd eye on my action bars

    So I guess yes and no.. also is it possible for a mob to resist a taunt?
    This is because of ability queuing. There's an option, under Interface somewhere, to turn ability queuing to Short, Full, or Off. It defaults to short. Under Short, you can input an ability about half a second or so before the GCD comes back up, and it'll lock in and kick off the instance GCD is back up (You'll see a shimmering outline around the ability icon). Particularly if you spam an ability (like Planar Strike), you'll frequently have that ability locked-in on the short queue, which will ignore further ability uses. Try turning off queuing.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts