+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Detecting Stealthed rogues from aoe buffs!!!

Default Detecting Stealthed rogues from aoe buffs!!!

ive noticed that sometimes ill see stealthed rogues on the guardian side when they recieve aoe buffs that have visual effects like the glowing wings or spiked shield

is anyone else noticing this and is this the reason those damn mages/clerics always know where drop that AoE to pull me out of stealth?

Milz

Shield of Telara

The AoE spells cast to find stealthed is most likely random or common sense.

If I see a Rogue in front of me or around an area, I will pop an AoE spell. If they use slip away I will also do it in random locations trying to get them back out. It's called being smart and aware of your surroundings.

Good trick in warfronts like black garden if the opposite team has stealth rogues, is to from time to time pop an AoE around your group, especially the healers and/or casters because that is where they will strike.

im talkin about getting raid buffs while in stealth

ive seen rogues on the opposite side gain buffs then like the gold wings right b4 they attacked a teammate so i knew where they were prior to them exiting stealth

Shield of Telara

To be honest I haven't noticed it. Unless it has something to do with graphic settings.

Plane Touched

I've also noticed this.

I've gotten quite a few kills from the Inquisitors Spiritual Protection aura (The shiny gold wings) pointing out where some rogues where hiding...

It's also one of the reasons why I decided to stop playing assassin in WF's.

ya i play assassin and i gettin hit with circle of oblivion or firestorm and ill be tryin to stealth up on a guy who is solo defending

i dont think its coincidence at all that they drop an aoe right infront of my path

im gonna try and get some footage of it tonite and post it on youtube

Plane Walker

I have not confirmed this, but I also think that "Crossfire" (MM ability) is hitting stealthed rogues and bringing them out of stealth.

I guess that's intended, but struck me as odd when it first happened ...mostly because that ability has such a big range.

Just make stealth passive, rogues should never be seen

well ya gettin hit by fan out and crossfire i expect that if im stealthed in a big group of players but getting hit by and aoe when im roaming solo tryin to kill ppl defending nodes solo just becuz i got a raid wide buff from a cleric or something

Champion of Telara

I've chased rogues that slip away with a bleed on them multiple times. I can't see the rogue, but I can see where the damage(immune) is ticking so that I can be on them when they come back out(unless they use the CD to not break stealth).

There are tons of other things that give away positions too.

But it takes AOE to bring them out even if you see the buffs since single target spells can't target them.

I always run away from my teammates as much as possible when coming up on a place where marksman are likely to start firing(like at the start of black garden etc). That's expected to bring you out, although the range is a bit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    I've chased rogues that slip away with a bleed on them multiple times. I can't see the rogue, but I can see where the damage(immune) is ticking so that I can be on them when they come back out(unless they use the CD to not break stealth).

There are tons of other things that give away positions too.

But it takes AOE to bring them out even if you see the buffs since single target spells can't target them.

I always run away from my teammates as much as possible when coming up on a place where marksman are likely to start firing(like at the start of black garden etc). That's expected to bring you out, although the range is a bit crazy.
    Thinking about it, it's quite logical, even in real combat, your enemy can trace you from blood trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Star View Post
    Thinking about it, it's quite logical, even in real combat, your enemy can trace you from blood trails.
    Yes, because in real combat, it is common to push that special button on your utility belt that allows you to go completely invisible while standing face to face with your enemy. Perfectly logical.
    Dimensions on Faeblight
    Rajmali: The Soggy Tissue (Gloamwood Glen), Raj's Study (Breach Chamber)
    Lachei: 55 Rue Plumet (Plaza Aurentine)
    Giorn: Tuldio Museum and Library (Edge of Infinity), Chateau Anju (Mathosian Cascades), Sea Breeze (Threesprings), Titan Arena (Shal Korva)

Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    Yes, because in real combat, it is common to push that special button on your utility belt that allows you to go completely invisible while standing face to face with your enemy. Perfectly logical.
    Haha you got me there

Prophet of Telara

Yup, noticed this a while ago. It's kind of annoying, but I guess even stealth has to have some kind of counter.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    Yup, noticed this a while ago. It's kind of annoying, but I guess even stealth has to have some kind of counter.
    Does it have to be your own team though?

If an AoE debuff, like a Warrior with that hit% reduction one for example, is out and puts a visible effect on the stealthed Rogue... I'm okay with that. But having his cover blown by a teammate's buff? Pretty lame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast