+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What can increase the damage of Rain of Arrows?

Soulwalker Tummyrumble Thunderbottom's Avatar

Default What can increase the damage of Rain of Arrows?

I love using Rain of Arrows for AoE damage. That requires at least 21 in Ranger...

What other rogue souls would best increase the damage of Rain of Arrows?

Soulwalker

Two Things:

1) Any talent that specifically says "increases physical damage" will help Rain of Arrows.
    2) Unless you AoE like 6 or more mobs, Trick Shot + Concussive blast is better AoE

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Noobkins View Post
    Two Things:

1) Any talent that specifically says "increases physical damage" will help Rain of Arrows.
    2) Unless you AoE like 6 or more mobs, Trick Shot + Concussive blast is better AoE
    In addition trick shot is increase by the NB talent Blazing Fury whereas Rain of Arrows is not since it doesn't generation combo points. You can also get the talent for 15% chance per target of adding another combo point.
    Last edited by Araknyd; 05-22-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tummyrumble Thunderbottom View Post
    I love using Rain of Arrows for AoE damage. That requires at least 21 in Ranger...

What other rogue souls would best increase the damage of Rain of Arrows?
    I think going full ranger is the best thing. At level 50 I have a 51-point ranger build I use for grouping. I have the extra 15% dex from Saboteur (first tier skill) and the extra crit from Assassin, but I'm not even sure that stacks with my ranger crit buff. The change to Shadow Fire in 1.2 was insane, it's now a 35% damage buff for 25 seconds. That alone makes stuff die noticeably faster. Plus when my pet crits, I get a damage buff from that. And going full ranger makes your pets as tough as they can be, too. The 51-point skill makes all my pet's attacks crits for 15 seconds. So I'll open with Shadow Fire to get that buff, use the pet crit skill, and when I show both buffs are up, I'll use Rain of Arrows. Works great in rift fights.

Shadowlander

Or you could do 51 (or whatever) ranger, 5 pts in marksman (for crit + RFS finisher thingy) and remaining points in NB (15% dmg increase on builders, hellfire blades) or Sin (more crits, poison).

OR do a hybrid between Ranger and Marksman if you want some pvp done, I guess getting eradicate and deaden for MM would be smart in that case.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by AngryViking View Post
    Or you could do 51 (or whatever) ranger, 5 pts in marksman (for crit + RFS finisher thingy) and remaining points in NB (15% dmg increase on builders, hellfire blades) or Sin (more crits, poison).

OR do a hybrid between Ranger and Marksman if you want some pvp done, I guess getting eradicate and deaden for MM would be smart in that case.
    Oops, a bit too quick there:

Actually I'd go around 18 MM, with 5 pts Single Minded Focus (tier 1), 5 pts increased fire power (tier 2), 5 pts penetrating shots (tier 3), 3pts master archer (tier 4).
    Then go as deep as you prefer in ranger with the rest and dump any remaining points in assassin for extra crit and poison enhancement.

Stupid edit button ceases to work after 5 minutes..

I use this build and it has served me very well: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...eoso0z.0AM0x0b

Only self buffed and with a mix of tier 1 and AH gear I have 35% chance to crit.

I tried trick shot, but found it useless, as the energy cost is too high you cannot effectively spam it.
    When I want to aoe, I simply target one mob, send in my pet and do shadow fire, then use divert rage and rejuvenate while I send my pet to pick up other mobs. Then rain of arrows and everything dies. If one mob is lucky and manages to surive you'll have 100 energy to finish em off.

I have opportunity to be able to kill elites easier or in a raid situation, it's not useful on solo mobs cause they usually die after the first finishing move.

In raid however, I prefer marksman 51 for single target dps or saboteur for single target and aoe dps.
    Nobody likes pets in instances.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

+ Reply to Thread