+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman Macros?

Rift Disciple

Thumbs up Marksman Macros?

I am level 32 Markman / Assassin and was wondering if any other Marksman Rogues could share any or all their macros with me. I have just run out of hotkeys and just picked up more abilities.

Im glad we have a nice aresenal, but I need to be able to hotkey them, especially for pvp, and at this point I need to some how lay some macros down to open up some space.

I normally play Assassin or Bard but I just got this MM going recently and am really enjoying it. I will share what few macros I have with you:

#show Lightning Fury
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Fan Out

#show Static Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Repelling Shot
    cast Static Shot

#show Empowered Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Barbed Shot
    cast Savage Strike

#show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

DISCLAIMER: I am pretty noob to Marksman and some or even all of these macros may be azz backwards. Also if you have any thing to contribute about the macros I have shared, please let me know what you think.

Thanks for any assistance, have a good one

I would appreciate some macros aswell - particularly for marks pvp,

Just hit 50 - rolled a typical LOL eradicate - 44(marks)/22(sin), with perma stealth - build until I get enough top fully utilise the pvp soul.

I'm finding that I need to have a crapload of keybinds to fully utilise the class - and I thought hunters in arena had a lot of keybinds.

if anyone wants to share some useful keybinds, would be greatly appreciated.

From what I can tell there isn't really a whole lot you can do with Marksman in terms of making macros, unless you just add multiple spells or targeting options via modifiers (adding shift or @mouseover or etc.). Can't log in right now so can't list any of those, I'm sure others will though.
    Most of the abilities have relatively unique functions, or don't lend well to priority-based macros (due to cast times or, as mentioned, different functionality).

E.g. with Lightning Fury and Fan Out in a macro, you're potentially killing mobility by locking into a casted AoE when you would rather use an instant. Repelling Shot has both offensive and defensive uses as a knockback, quite separate from a root. Also, many like to hold on to Rapid Fire shot as an excellent finisher for when burst damage is required rather than just focusing on the fact that it, like hasted shot, has no cast time (as opposed to deadeye).

I personally just roll with exactly as many keybinds as abilities I use. It's overwhelming at first, but if you go with it long enough and organize it to your liking, it'll become natural.

Gox
    Champion

if you use macros as MM you are just bad... no nice way to say it... MM is a spec that is based around cd's and situations.. ALL the macros in the OP are awful and explain why soo many rogues are just bad...

The only 2 macros i use are the aoe macro you got with LF/Fanout and the finisher macro for RFS/HS. though i may split those last ones and put rapid fire on its own, but generally if i want spike damage i toss IHR/Bullseye/Deadeye for a finisher.

Like its been said, most of the MM skills are based on situation, but with the Aoe macro, if you want to throw fan out instead for mobility, just sidestep while you hit the button and it bypasses the one with the cast time. but i figure if i happen to be standing still why not let the short cast time play out and give it a little extra dmg and the debuff.

i dont even have static shot because i hate seeing the"immune" pop up in pvp which is generally what happens, and if it breaks on dmg i dont see a use in pve

also, dont put barbed shot on a macro. Barbed should be thrown on your target first, and maintained(pvp i mean, i dont really use it in pve so much). and if you have the passive skill "Close Quarters Combat" dont put any of the sin melee in there either, your swift spam should do more dmg i think.

Shadowlander

Default Many, many buttons

I use so many macros I have run out of slots for them. And yes, I am a bad, bad rogue. Wanna make something of it?

Here is my main ranged macro. When I am using Hit and Run this automatically prefers Empowered Shot, as any MM knows:

#show Swift Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot

Many MM's use Assassin all the way to permanent stealth and choose blinding powder to get there. This is a useful macro to cast Blinding Powder onto an additional enemy w/o switching targets. It also works on your primary target.

#show Blinding Powder
    stopcasting
    cast @mouseover Blinding Powder
    cast Blinding Powder

I use this for deadeye when I want to ensure the crit, like during Hit and Run. To get Bull's Eye to go off just hit the macro again while Deadye is casting. Yes, it works:

#show Deadeye Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Bull's Eye

I use the Crossfire/Compound attack as well. For awhile, I had all my macros set with melee soul attacks on top so that when my target got in range my attacks would automatically adjust to close range. But that is giving up too much control.

#show Crossfire
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Compound Attack
    cast Crossfire

If you are using Bladedancer you can combine these two silencers, one for 30+ range, one for -20 range:

#show Deaden
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Weapon Barrage
    cast Deaden

This one is for On the Double. Sometimes you have to run when you still have combo points on your target. This gives you a greater burst of speed in those situations:

#show On the Double
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Hasted Shot
    cast On the Double

This one for Repelling Shot is like yours, OP. Except that it carries it all the way to Deadeye. For the Bull's Eye to go off tap the macro again while Deadeye is casting.

#show Repelling Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Repelling Shot
    cast Static Shot
    stopattack
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Bull's Eye

With 4 builds incorporating 5 souls you run out of buttons and macros quickly. And I have a Sidewinder keyboard!

My other car is a car

Shield of Telara

I generally don't use lightning fury as it seems to be a damage decrease when doing AoE vs just spamming fan out. The only macro I do use though are the following:

#show Hasted Shot
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Hasted Shot
    cast Barbed Shot

This puts barbed shot at a location that is pretty much easy to hit without being in the way. IE. hit when you have no combo points on the target.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

I've been doing marksman all the way to 50 and after experimenting, I only use 2 macros which accomplish the same thing:

#show empowered shot
    Cast empowered shot
    Cast swift shot

#show deadeye shot
    Cast deadeye shot
    Cast hasted shot

This way if I want to stop and use a cast or have Hit and run up, I use empowered/deadeye. Otherwise it's my speed boosters. I use rapid fire shot now too, it just isn't in a macro

I don't like macroing lightning fury on top of fan out for pvp because those 1.5 seconds can cost you stopping someone from using an obective (fang, stone, etc)

Plane Touched

you really only want the macro to replace hasted shot with rapid fire and one to aoe, including crossfire.

everything else is a situational need.

and for the love of god dont cast dead-eye or empowered shot
    Last edited by tibot; 05-23-2011 at 07:41 AM.
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Quote Originally Posted by tibot View Post
    you really only want the macro to replace hasted shot with rapid fire and one to aoe, including crossfire.

everything else is a situational need.

and for the love of god dont cast dead-eye or empowered shot
    Are you talking pve?

Anyone else notice that ZAM doesnt have the updated 1.2 MM tree?
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    Are you talking pve?
    everything. why would you want to stop and cast unless it was for nasty aoe havoc?
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Quote Originally Posted by tibot View Post
    everything. why would you want to stop and cast unless it was for nasty aoe havoc?
    Nasty single target havoc? I honestly don't really use lightning strike because I haven't found it more useful than fanout by enough to justify standing still near that many enemies. Macroing it over fan out has cost me stopping someone from grabbing the fang more than once.

The occasional empowered/deadeye, especially with bullseye on deadeye, I find useful for burst in pvp. Hell, even if you never stop to cast it, they're still your best option during hit and run.
    Last edited by Shinigam1; 05-23-2011 at 09:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread