+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So What Are The Must Have Items For Rogue Nowadays?

Shadowlander

Default So What Are The Must Have Items For Rogue Nowadays?

Just hit 50 an it almost kilt me lol. Have zero clue on t1 or t2 anything. Any posts have a list of better items so i can start putting this rogues temp together? I went back a few pages an didnt see anything like an overall list.

dmv

Items that favor crit, seeing as AP doesn't scale well.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Definitely anything with critical rating. I been doing some tests with AP, and I keep concluding that it is complete junk.

With Magnify Pain, Cruel Vengeance, Bestial Fury, Prey on the Weak, and Marksman's Pedestal going (total of 20% increased critical bonus damage and 40% increased damage from combined buffs).... switching on and off the 46 AP instinct only changed my Quick Shot critical hits from 510 to 518 damage, only increasing critical 5 CP Head Shot critical hits from 1514 to 1558 for a 44 damage increase on a 5 point finisher.

So yeah, AP doesn't seem to be scaling too well.

Edit: Forgot to test with Shadow Fire up.
    Damage increase on critical hits, difference between the two being 46 AP difference

Head Shot: 1882 -> 1937
    Quick Shot: 633 -> 644

So, 46 AP can increase your Quick Shot critical hits by 11 damage and 5 CP Head Shot critical hits by 55 damage as long as you keep up all your buffs up, and pray for crits.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 05-22-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Shadowlander

any lists of items? There are on the cleric an mage boards, just curious cause the rogues my first 50 an I wouldnt know a t1 item if it bit me on the butt

Made myself the legs of the hunter cuase i maxed outfitting an runebreak but not sure if i should bother with other stuff if im gonna be replacing stuff tomorrow.

Also no clue on essences an trinkets an stuff. I want the Song of Lost Souls trinket for the heals im pretty sure.

Last edited by Conundrum; 05-22-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Shadowlander

I want to pvp an kick guardian butt. Im gonna start raiding though on my server now that Im 50.

Soulwalker

wtb stat weights

Telaran

It has been concluded that the best dps trinket for rogues is the non-epic Old Thieve's Master tools from Dichrom in xDSM. Since AP scales so poorly this beats out the epic shard of planes from xRD.

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/96D79C07...27-Mastertools

Don't believe what is says about melee attacks; I'm a sabo and it procs for me.

Curious on that point.

I have the level 50 epic accessory trinket from the world event (Icon of Eternal Darkness I think its called)

Better or worse then the DSM trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredstar View Post
    Curious on that point.

I have the level 50 epic accessory trinket from the world event (Icon of Eternal Darkness I think its called)

Better or worse then the DSM trinket?
    dsm trinket is best for melee period, for ranged however it doesnt do near as much dps so keep that in mind.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Wasn't sure overall since I was curious if the flat stat boosts from the icon overpowered the chance on proc.

I've been more ranged lately though due to the fact I've been stuck with a slew of tanks who love to MOVE MOBS AROUND ALL THE TIME WHEN NOT NEEDED.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    dsm trinket is best for melee period, for ranged however it doesnt do near as much dps so keep that in mind.
    After looking at my combat log it seems the DSM trinket only procs on my detonates. Which isnt that amazing. But it's still something, and better than those minimal AP boost proc ones.

WTB useful epic trinkets and greater essences.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentraedi View Post
    After looking at my combat log it seems the DSM trinket only procs on my detonates. Which isnt that amazing. But it's still something, and better than those minimal AP boost proc ones.

WTB useful epic trinkets and greater essences.
    the AP ones will proc if you have ranger or marksman in your sab build and keep auto atk up. they have a near 100% uptime even for ranged auto atk.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

dmv

Words of war. I think it's whispered silence for guardians.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Are you referring to Master Thieves' Tools?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast