+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Extremely melee unfriendly environment

Default Extremely melee unfriendly environment

Is it just me or playing as a melee rogue is a living hell? Even if you do get to your target you get skewered seconds later. The fact that most WFs are composed of at least 75% ranged DPS (mostly marksmen) doesn't help either. I can only imagine it gets even worse at Port Scion. In comparison, playing on my ranged classes feels so much easier...that it's practically ezmode to be honest. Now with the CC nerf introduced it gets even worse.

Please tell me it gets better later...
    Last edited by Baharroth; 05-22-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    1, 1, 1, 1, 1...2!

Soulwalker

At least you have the option to go range and be more then viable unlike warriors. As melee you have stealth and should pick your fights carefully and once again at least you have to option to hide unlike warriors.

Oh it's soo bad to have so many viable specs. What a horrible place for rogues to be in. The swiss army knives of the game wanna be the best at melee and range.
    Last edited by scrubber111; 05-22-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scrubber111 View Post
    At least you have the option to go range and be more then viable unlike warriors. As melee you have stealth and should pick your fights carefully and once again at least you have to option to hide unlike warriors.

Oh it's soo bad to have so many viable specs. What a horrible place for rogues to be in. The swiss army knives of the game wanna be the best at melee and range.
    I assume you havent unlocked the Riftblade soul yet? Riftblades can be deadly from range while taking hits like a tank. At least Rogue ranged classes are squishy.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Nice strawman there, buddy.
    Last edited by Baharroth; 05-22-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    1, 1, 1, 1, 1...2!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by scrubber111 View Post

Go back to trolling your shard's forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    I assume you havent unlocked the Riftblade soul yet? Riftblades can be deadly from range while taking hits like a tank. At least Rogue ranged classes are squishy.
    Riftstalker, sadly, doesn't work well in my soul build.
    1, 1, 1, 1, 1...2!

Quote Originally Posted by Baharroth View Post
    Riftstalker, sadly, doesn't work well in my soul build.

He's talking about the warrior soul, Riftblade.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Baharroth View Post
    Is it just me or playing as a melee rogue is a living hell? Even if you do get to your target you get skewered seconds later. The fact that most WFs are composed of at least 75% ranged DPS (mostly marksmen) doesn't help either. I can only imagine it gets even worse at Port Scion. In comparison, playing on my ranged classes feels so much easier...that it's practically ezmode to be honest. Now with the CC nerf introduced it gets even worse.

Please tell me it gets better later...
    I thought this aswell but to be honest it gets better with time as you improve yourself, I now know where and when to pick my targets, I know for example if i am going to start on someone in the backlines in say...black garden I will check to make sure they have not had a spawn recently, or time when they are due to spawn, and time it perfectly - get the kill and stealth up again or if im targetted I can slip away (assuming you have slip away that is). Because there is nothing worse than not being aware of where each and every one of the enemy is at.

It's not hard...it just requires awareness of your surroundings alot more than a range class (I have a 50 mage so I understand where you are coming from, it does feel alot easier to just blast someone at range).

I find it alot more fun and challenging to creep behind enemy lines and wait for one guy to not keep up with the rest of his group and to make him regret it

But yeah, give it time, and adjust your mindset from when you would attack at range, learn with each warfront and it will become better.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobly View Post
    I thought this aswell but to be honest it gets better with time as you improve yourself, I now know where and when to pick my targets.
    This, Melee rogues can't survive in a melee scrum, but by using stealth and some smart tactics they are devastating even in a massive cluster f*ck like Port Scion.

Rift Disciple

Depends what you wanna do.
    For going into the big battles, rogues are not good. Only NB is good when has its cooldowns.

But rogues are fine to kill stragglers. SIN is the choice if you dont like dying. Imagine you can just come out when you have slip away ready and you wont ever die. But need too much patience.

I agree range is easier overall.

Quote Originally Posted by pipda View Post
    This, Melee rogues can't survive in a melee scrum, but by using stealth and some smart tactics they are devastating even in a massive cluster f*ck like Port Scion.
    Yep. If you just pop out in the middle of a group you become the easiest to tab-target.

No one will survive in a big scrap without team support, melee rogue will do just fine as long as the group buffs are there and people are working with their teammates and not trying to do 20 different solo duels.
    "Never give up and never surrender!"

So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Maybe so...but my point still stands : there's way more ranged DPS than melee. And it's substantially easier to play as one (my other characters are all ranged). Also, the sheer numbers of marskmen is infuriating.
    Melee clerics, from what I've seen, also suffer from the safe problem. So it's not just rogues.
    Last edited by Baharroth; 05-23-2011 at 12:54 AM.
    1, 1, 1, 1, 1...2!

Soulwalker

They should make the Warfronts like Warhammer Online's "Scenarios"

Even though the game was a failure, it introduced possibly the best PvP in an MMORPG to date, melee classes didnt get skewered that easily; as simply getting attacked by one would discourage most ranged dps players into casting their Flee ability and leg it to a better position.

I am used to using my Pure melee Rogue and I often do not want to even attempt PvP because I am forced to play a strategy with the hope of scoring my own kill and not dying constantly.

Marksman have the option to use all range dps at melee range and you essentially have the best "melee" (if you could call it that) as well as ranged at the same time in the same single soul! It makes all melee souls obselete.

Seriously, there are 9 souls for rogue, why do only 3 of them actually work in PvP. (Ranger, Sab and MM)

Quote Originally Posted by Anagna View Post
    They should make the Warfronts like Warhammer Online's "Scenarios"

Even though the game was a failure, it introduced possibly the best PvP in an MMORPG to date, melee classes didnt get skewered that easily; as simply getting attacked by one would discourage most ranged dps players into casting their Flee ability and leg it to a better position.

I am used to using my Pure melee Rogue and I often do not want to even attempt PvP because I am forced to play a strategy with the hope of scoring my own kill and not dying constantly.

Marksman have the option to use all range dps at melee range and you essentially have the best "melee" (if you could call it that) as well as ranged at the same time in the same single soul! It makes all melee souls obselete.

Seriously, there are 9 souls for rogue, why do only 3 of them actually work in PvP. (Ranger, Sab and MM)

Well, Sorcerers in that game had very little escape tools. Once you actually got into melee range they were in trouble. And MDPS damage was also very high.

Either way, it sure is weird that RDPS classes don't have to "work" for their kills at all. Just stand back, behind your RDPS friends (and there's plenty of them around) and plink away. Melee rogues need a lot more planning to actually pull off a kill. And then they usually die anyway. In other words - why bother?
    Last edited by Baharroth; 05-23-2011 at 03:05 AM.
    1, 1, 1, 1, 1...2!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast