+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: New Bladedancer ability, Dance Partner.

Default Suggestion: New Bladedancer ability, Dance Partner.

First off this is not all my idea, I saw it suggested a while ago and am giving it again with some of my ideas.

So Bladedancers use dode and parry as a major part of their playstyle, with reactive abilities and damage buffs that come only after dodging/parrying. This new ability would help fix the issue of running a Bladedancer in an instance where you never dodge or parry.

I have two ideas to implement an ability like this, the first, a Synthesis type buff the rogue places on a friendly target, this buff would give the target an additional 3-5% parry and dodge change, or maybe a % of the rogues dodge and parry, and allow the Rogue to get its abiities and buffs based on the targets dodges and parries. Meaning the rogue will put Dance Partner on the tank and whenever the tank dodges or parries the rogue will get Contra Tempo, Turn the Tide, be able to use Reprisal and Disengage, and possibly get a proc of Strike Back.

My second suggestion is basically the same, except Dance Partner would be a Rhythmic Ability, still placed on the tank, but will provide a very large boost to the targets dodge and parry for the duration. This wouldnt be as great because it only makes dodge and parry abilities useful when it's active, but it does add another rhythmic ability, which is fun.

Thanks for Reading, I hope you like it, leave comments and suggestions down below, and please keep it constructive.

dmv

First idea's not bad.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

I like the idea. Sort of silly that half of Bladedancer talents are reliant on dodge responses and this looks like an excellent way to make use of them in a group setting.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Plane Touched

IMO,there are 2 problems about BD soul which wasnt addressed in 1.2

First, it is what you mentioned. BD's reactives just dont work in group work. Combat preparation is such a redundant skill that is overlapped by Combat pose(BD) and Fanfare of Power (Bard). They should make it to what you suggest, make BD'reactive work when tank dodge/parry/block.

Secondly, Bd's defensive side, like you said, BD heavily relies on dodge/parry to survive, which is nearly useless in pvp and PvE instances. That makes BD the least played as the main soul in both pvp and pve. In PvP, BD lacks of dodge scaling, 5% dodge passive+5% dodge active from false blade+ even 50% dodge from side steps are negated by Hit stat (with a cap hit you wont miss a target even with side steps). In PvE, Mobs just need 1 hit to K.O you even with side steps. My solution is get rid of 6% parry of Improved False Blade and add 10% dodge instead or even better give BD a new passive skill that gives BD % dodge bonus for each spent pt after 20 pt.

My 2 cents

Champion of Telara

First idea isn't too bad. So long as it doesn't nerf the existing abilities(IE: Way up high in the tree, like above 38 pts).

Ascendant

Been called for for a long time. I'm still a little disappointed that nothing similar to this was added in 1.2. Though with the current additions at least 32 points works well.

And yes such an ability should definitely be very deep in the soul as the entire point would be to make going very deep into Bladedancer not an act of insanity, heh (though granted that's the case for a lot of souls but that's another topic). I'd go as far as to suggest 44 or even 51 points myself.
    Last edited by Kedon; 05-22-2011 at 01:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread