+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman/Assassin/Saboteur?

Soulwalker

Default Marksman/Assassin/Saboteur?

So I made a defiant Ranger.

at the moment my souls are Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur, but I was wondering is it possible to make a Marksman/assassin/saboteur?

Loosing Ranger means also loosing your pet, i've just played now up untill lvl 7 and basiclly a marksman without a pet is pretty weak when 2 opponents come at your ***.....?
    So i'm not sure yet if it's a good idea to loose the Ranger class.
    I wan't a mixture of Ranger like Marksman but also up close like Assassin....?

Any advice is appreciated

Oh and another question, how do you change the name of yourself to post?
    my Gentei chr hasn't been in used in ages so i'd like to change that

Thanks in advance.

Rift Disciple

mm/sin/sab is excellent in pvp. I got to rank6 with it, now fully geared I still use it. Not much point in taking more than 21 sin though (for permastealth and the decent poisons) then 45 in mm. Sticky bomb really works in good synergy with MM kiting abilities.

You also become a terrific machine in terms of grabbing flags that you can stealth in to take then sticky bomb the pursuers, whilst sprinting away using shots to keep your speed up and reverse-jumping to get across the map fast.

It's a pure pvpers spec though.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Picollus View Post
    mm/sin/sab is excellent in pvp. I got to rank6 with it, now fully geared I still use it. Not much point in taking more than 21 sin though (for permastealth and the decent poisons) then 45 in mm. Sticky bomb really works in good synergy with MM kiting abilities.

You also become a terrific machine in terms of grabbing flags that you can stealth in to take then sticky bomb the pursuers, whilst sprinting away using shots to keep your speed up and reverse-jumping to get across the map fast.

It's a pure pvpers spec though.
    Thanks for the advice mate but i'm more intrested in the PvE aspect of the game at the time being, but seeing it does good in PvP it should do good in PvE no?

Not really, a spec being good at one thing does not mean it's good at another.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gentei View Post
    Thanks for the advice mate but i'm more intrested in the PvE aspect of the game at the time being, but seeing it does good in PvP it should do good in PvE no?
    I don't use it for pve. The points in sin are a waste because you won't need permastealth in raids or dungeons. There is no recovery of health. There is no pet.

It's a stealthy ranged cannon build, i just don't see the point in pve when there are other options available.

For soloing/questing I have a bd/riftstalker build to allow hp recovery and easy effort free kills.

+ Reply to Thread