+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BD spec Crit vs ap

Rift Disciple

Default BD spec Crit vs ap

Anyone worked this out is ap better for bladedancer spec or crit ? i believe it's ap but i read someone post said crit still let me know please..

Telaran

I have the same question about Sabos and other ranged rogues. I've been stacking crit; perhaps I need more AP?

Or is there a certain crit threshold to shoot for, then stack AP?

Rift Disciple

So far for ranged spec i like 38% crit self buff makes it like 50% in raid then stack ap for your finshers to hit harder

if you use fiery spike in your rotation, stack crit, if you dont, stack AP. fiery spike eats up a deadly dance charge and does not scale with AP in the slightest, so adding it to your rotation is up to what you stack.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    if you use fiery spike in your rotation, stack crit, if you dont, stack AP. fiery spike eats up a deadly dance charge and does not scale with AP in the slightest, so adding it to your rotation is up to what you stack.
    But without feiry doesnt your dps drop alot in raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Diebymyhands View Post
    But without feiry doesnt your dps drop alot in raids?
    yes

which is why this spec is not optimal if you stack AP, you will do more dps as melee ranger, ive done extensive tests on this and have completely given up on BD, there is no build i can come up with that doesnt have nb in it and going nb is a dps loss if you dont use fiery spike...

so if you like BD, stack crit, that is the bottom line.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread