+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bladedancer dps build?

Soulwalker

Default Bladedancer dps build?

ive been told that after 1.2 bladedancer is a good melee dps specc for rogues. all my time ive played as a ranger, bard or tank so now im looking into some melee dps builds. can u guys tell me if blade dancer is viabel dps? and what specc should u go with? note that this is for pve

in advance thx for your answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kakies View Post
    ive been told that after 1.2 bladedancer is a good melee dps specc for rogues. all my time ive played as a ranger, bard or tank so now im looking into some melee dps builds. can u guys tell me if blade dancer is viabel dps? and what specc should u go with? note that this is for pve

in advance thx for your answers
    Would like to show you my build but I can't find a Soul tree calculator that is updated for 1.2
    I go Bladedancer/Assassin/Nightblade.
    I get 15% + 5% damage from nightblade, and 10% + 4% damage + 20% crit damage + 5% crit chance from assassin.
    I also get a 20% damage increase for 8 seconds on opening as well as hellfire blade and Virulent poison.
    Keeping Baneful touch and using Poison malice give me a noticeable boost on Virulent poison. I also have expose weakness for a free big amount of damage during the whole fight.
    You also get a double Incapacitate. With one which is ranged. ;) Usefull for dungeons.

I can parse about 800-900 DPS if I play seriously on single target Tier 2 bosses with my half blue and PvP gear.
    Last edited by Snap; 05-22-2011 at 01:02 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Soulwalker

awesome m8 thx for the answer i kinda need a telent calculator so i dont **** the speccing up

awesome m8 thx for the answer i kinda need a telent calculator so i dont **** the speccing up
    If I remember your post, I'll come post here my spec with a screenshot. For now, my bed calls.

Rift Disciple

There are a couple of Bladedancer centric builds that are viable right now. Two of the more popular ones are:

27 BD / 20 NB / 19 Sin

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...zsoo0b.0VRcxob

32 BD / 19 Sin / 14 NB

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...soohbz.0VRcxob

If you check the forums, there are detailed rotations for each of these builds, as well as parses showing how they perform.

Edit: The actual talents that you pick up may not be 100% correct, as it doesn't appear ZAM has updated yet. However, the LOCATION of the points in the trees is what you want to pay attention to.
    Last edited by Eliniell; 05-22-2011 at 04:52 AM.
    Deckardcaine
    <Aftermath>
    http://www.aftermath-rift.com

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...soohbz.0VRcx0b
    My spec was about something like that. But now with the change of the patch Blade finesse got changed to a Deadly strike damage increase if im right.
    I have 2/2 Melted skin for the sole reason that it hasn't been always up when I had it at 1/2.

Soulwalker

so what rotation are u going? what buffs need 2 be kept up and stuff like that? also it would be nifty if u throw in some macros

so what rotation are u going? what buffs need 2 be kept up and stuff like that? also it would be nifty if u throw in some macros
    I don't use macros because if you do you can't be at your best in bladedancer spec. Whatever the idiot who say otherwise can tell you about macros and Bladedancer.

Always have Precision strike on CD. whenever you get 5 combo points use them. Keep Baneful touch up at all time. Do not care about Dauntless strike since nearly everyone got a 5% crit increase debuff. If no one does take the poison that does the job instead of virulent poison. Keep Puncture in CD too and always have 3 stacks of fiery spike on boss at whole time but make sure you use it at about 1 second left tho.
    Else use Deadly strike whenever you get 5 combo points. Keep your DPS rythmics on CD at all time.
    Else it's keen strike + quick strike. And use your weapon throw out of global (forgot name of the spell) every time it's ready unless the ennemy is not immuned to silenced and cast spells. And those who say to macro the weapon throw on your attacks are stupid because you can use it on castings mobs.

Soulwalker

thx for the help m8

looking forward 2 trying it out in raids

Soulwalker

Trying this out for sure. These Speccs are not good for PVE right?

Quote Originally Posted by RicoJalapeno43 View Post
    Trying this out for sure. These Speccs are not good for PVE right?
    Theses are PvE spec.

And here is my spec in 1.2 now that they updated the Soul tree calculator on Zam
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...soohbz.0VRcx0b

Telaran

The spec I use is slightly different. It's 32bd/19sin/15nb. Most of the points are exactly the same. In the sin tree, I also picked up backstab, as it proved to be my third highest damage ability at roughly 9% overall. Then I put only one point in melted skin and one point in fire and death attunement, then I put three points in unstable state. I focused a little more on magic damage because my main dmg ability, fiery spike, was 21% of my damage. My second highest ability was deadly strike at 18%.

I have a fairly high uptime on melted skin, I believe around 90%. I'm using two 26 dps swords from t1 lantern hook, about 450 AP, and 650 crit, and I did approx 720 dps over a 9 minute fight, self-buffed (no bard buffs) on the boss dummy.

using 27bd/20nb/19sin my guildie (near full t3 with 2 relics) was pushing 1880dps until we reached his 50% phase too fast and literally had to stop dps for 10 seconds, he ended fight 1780 range but everyone dropped a good 100dps or so during that part. rotation imo is only mangeable on this fight until you master it so i simply have no interest in it, ive started doing sabo and sabo only just because i can! i may only do 1500 on plutonus but i do 1700-2000 on all the other bosses with aoe so it evens out in the end.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

How the heck do your tanks keep threat?
    Whenever i cross a certain DPS-line i tend to get oneshotted by an autoattack at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffande View Post
    How the heck do your tanks keep threat?
    Whenever i cross a certain DPS-line i tend to get oneshotted by an autoattack at some point.
    One or two Saboteurs who know when to Incriminate takes care of any aggro issues.

Also, there are things like having your tank use a whetstone (the vast majority of tanks don't do this). It adds a rather significant amount of damage to all of their attacks, and since tank aggro in Rift is a multiplier on ability damage, it makes a huge difference in threat.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast