+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking Focus

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Default Tanking Focus

What Raid-level essences are tanks running with in their Focus?

I'm sporting 4x dodge/end ones, but have two more slots open for Raid level essences but I'm not sure which Raid I should be interested in to finish it off.

I have:
    Endless Horror (Death Rift)
    Flowing Wall (Water Rift)
    High Waters (Water Purchased)
    Maelow's Root (Life Purchased)

I have one greater slot left, and a lesser slot. I've been kind of leaving the greater slot filled with a Rigid Stance for now - is the Life Greater (dodge proc Greater) worth investing in if I have it drop?

What other rifts, if any, drop a dodge oriented one for my last slots otherwise?

That's all for my generic focus. I'm working on two "Resist" foci as well, and currently have these stats on my Life one:

36 Strength
    67 Endurance
    15 Parry
    12 Dodge
    85 Life Resist

That's with:
    3x Stunning Acrobatics (Shimmersand)
    Loam Cover (Life Purchased, Crystal Sourceshards)
    Maelow's Root (Life Purchased)
    Guardian Root (Life Purchased)

Self buffed (Guardian Phase, Weapon Enchant from Pre-order) I'm sitting at 152 Life resist. This was created ideally for tanking Greenscale. Not sure what number to aim for, and if I should develop this life essence any further. I can't really make anymore purchases for it, and I don't know that a tanking one drops from the life Raid that would benefit me. We're not quite to Greenscale yet - have only been in twice and we had a few goes at Hylas today. So soon, I hope.

My Death one has not yet been created, but I'm looking to pick up the Crystal Sourcestone resist one (+26) from the Vendor, as well as another Endless Horror drop, then Rigid Stances to fill it in.

Any tips, or insight for the rest of you raid-tanking Rogues?
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 05-21-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Rift Chaser

The problem is there arent a whole lot of good greaters for rogue tanks. I did see one that has a chance to heal for 1080 health over 8-12 seconds (forget exactly how long).
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Yeah, that's why I was wondering if the Life one was worth it. The only other option(s) are the air expert one that procs endurance, I used to use it but have since replaced it (with an endless horror in this case), or the air one that procs damage.

So if the Life Greater isn't worth it, what other options are there for lessers? I'm trying to find more with dodge on them, but I'm beginning to think I have the 4 (2 bought, 2 dropped) that are dodge focused, and I'm going to have to settle for two parry ones to finish it off.

We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    Yeah, that's why I was wondering if the Life one was worth it. The only other option(s) are the air expert one that procs endurance, I used to use it but have since replaced it (with an endless horror in this case), or the air one that procs damage.

So if the Life Greater isn't worth it, what other options are there for lessers? I'm trying to find more with dodge on them, but I'm beginning to think I have the 4 (2 bought, 2 dropped) that are dodge focused, and I'm going to have to settle for two parry ones to finish it off.
    Can't you just stack 6x the Water raid one (Flowing Wall)? I know the vendor bought ones are unique but last I saw the raid rift dropped ones weren't. Though haven't done many raid rifts since I rerolled. I just recall the DPS one from life was not unique.
    Last edited by StrikeQ; 05-22-2011 at 12:19 AM.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeQ View Post
    Can't you just stack 6x the Water raid one (Flowing Wall)? I know the vendor bought ones are unique but last I saw the raid rift dropped ones weren't. Though haven't done many raid rifts since I rerolled. I just recall the DPS one from life was not unique.
    They're all unique. The new ones from the Earth Rift of any type don't seeb to be, but all of the ones I have equipped right now (listed in the first post) are Unique.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    They're all unique. The new ones from the Earth Rift of any type don't seeb to be, but all of the ones I have equipped right now (listed in the first post) are Unique.
    Then yea, probably have to go with Icy Winds (Air raid) and Smoldering Eye (Fire vendor)
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

+ Reply to Thread