+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: So, why am I a rogue again?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    All of this leads me back to the point.

you're bad.
    And you're a troll.

Shield of Telara

heres the deal you keep referencing things like "half the tank items have block on them". yes and half of them dont. namely plate tank gear has block on it, leather tank gear doesnt. warrior and cleric aiming essences have +block on them where as the ones you want are just +end/dodge/parry (there are **** tons of them run a few raid rifts and try to tell me otherwise. i get about 3 of those dam 20 end/12 parry to drop every time i do a damn life raid rift). Tons of leather gear with toughness so not hard to get that. Infact the last GSB raid the shambling skin tunic (bis chest for a rogue tank) rotted because all 3 of us rogue tanks in the guild already had it so its not hard to get. Same thing happened with the gloves off of Oracle or Duke wherever those damn things drop from, but we actually gave those to a guy that said "he plans to tank sometime" lol.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    And you're a troll.
    and you're obviously a terrible carebear. l2p.

Do you just rely on Planar Strike and Rift Disturbance to maintain threat?

Believe it or not, I'm actually trying to learn here.
    Believe it or not, that's great.

Anyway, i use RD at all times, every time it's out of CD i use it.
    Planar strike just come naturally, i NEVER switch target, ever, dont need to, RD is enough for me.
    If i do on rare occasions lose aggro on a mob i have a macro for instigate that doesnt need me to switch target.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1169507&dateline=1307  205688
    Kats@Vigil - 50 Rogue

Do you just rely on Planar Strike and Rift Disturbance to maintain threat?

Believe it or not, I'm actually trying to learn here.
    I use blitz when it comes up IF my party is rocking some sick DPS. But tabbing and building combo points Off dfferent mobs helps me, don't just use one mob.

Shield of Telara

use all of your threat generating abilities (not taunts) when they are off CD, yes we have few less aoe generators than warriors (particularly anyone with points in reaver) but we can do just fine it does take about 20% more time for me on my rogue to lock in aoe threat than it does with my warrior. But thats not all their is to tanking either. keep PB up at 3 stacks at all times. that usually means opening with whater you pull with then 2x PB, then get RG up. PB for stack 3 (refresh this when timer on 3 gets low), RD (if aoe), PS, GS. Then go into rotation put FB up next time you get 5 points, go bac to rotation keeping buffs up. its just timer management and its a pain but you'll get it. its just not a pick it up and run type of tank it does have a bit of learning curve.

using Blitz and RD off CD everytime they're off CD should really help your aoe threat a lot. some people make the error of only using them when they start to lose control. But this isnt utilizing them correctly. You should be using them constantly as a threat generator to keep your threat up on all mobs. also tell stupid dps not to blow CDs early on in the fight lol.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 05-21-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fftide04 View Post
    I use blitz when it comes up IF my party is rocking some sick DPS. But tabbing and building combo points Off dfferent mobs helps me, don't just use one mob.
    i've had a 1.3k dps SC in my group and didnt lose aggro, and i dont change targets.
    So saying you shudnt stay on 1 mob isnt always true lol.
    I do change targets at some points, but it rarely happens.
    RD usually is enough.

Oh and reason i dont change target is because tabbing in this game is terrible.

If someone know's a command for targeting the marked mobs like target marked1/2/3 or whatever they are marked as or something then do share lol.
    Last edited by AlexE; 05-21-2011 at 02:21 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1169507&dateline=1307  205688
    Kats@Vigil - 50 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
    i've had a 1.3k dps SC in my group and didnt lose aggro, and i dont change targets.
    So saying you shudnt stay on 1 mob isnt always true lol.
    I do change targets at some points, but it rarely happens.
    RD usually is enough.
    L
    O
    L

Not to flame you, but that is negligible aoe damage, our 3 SC do 1.5-3k depending on the pull, no wonder you never lose threat, nots like a pin prick

L
    O
    L

Not to flame you, but that is negligible aoe damage, our 3 SC do 1.5-3k depending on the pull, no wonder you never lose threat, nots like a pin prick
    Still doesnt change that i rarely ever change targets, i just use RD.
    I dont care if the SC in my group do less dps than some others, that's not my problem, all i care about is holding those mobs, which i do.

You didnt flame, but rude, yes.
    Kats@Vigil - 50 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
    Still doesnt change that i rarely ever change targets, i just use RD.
    I dont care if the SC in my group do less dps than some others, that's not my problem, all i care about is holding those mobs, which i do.

You didnt flame, but rude, yes.
    Lol?

It doesn't change you holding threat because you're not encountering those kind of DPS. I'm not boasting about my SC's, I'm saying YOU don't have to switch because YOU don't deal with that kind of damage. OTHERS might have to switch because of higher dps. Saying he shouldn't have to switch because YOU don't is ignorant. Same if I said you MUST ALWAYS switch or you Cannot hold threat. He asked for advice, and advice is subjective to each users experience.

Lol?

It doesn't change you holding threat because you're not encountering those kind of DPS. I'm not boasting about my SC's, I'm saying YOU don't have to switch because YOU don't deal with that kind of damage. OTHERS might have to switch because of higher dps. Saying he shouldn't have to switch because YOU don't is ignorant. Same if I said you MUST ALWAYS switch or you Cannot hold threat. He asked for advice, and advice is subjective to each users experience.
    lol, another rude comment.

Ok, i know all that, im just saying changing target isnt ALWAYS needed because RD MIGHT be enough.
    IF your group has a lot of dps then you should change targets, but you dont ALWAYS need to do it.

Ok?

**** with ur rude comments.
    Last edited by AlexE; 05-21-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Kats@Vigil - 50 Rogue

[QUOTE=AlexE;2462275]lol, another rude comment.

Ok, i know all that, im just saying changing target isnt ALWAYS needed because RD MIGHT be enough.
    IF your group has a lot of dps then you should change targets, but you dont ALWAYS need to do it.

Ok?

**** with ur rude comments

"rude" here meaning Correct.

As I stated in my last comment, if I stayed you must ALWAYS switch, I'd be wrong, but I didn't.

For someone who likes to lord over this guy and accuse me of "rudeness" you're having trouble following the conversation.

"rude" here meaning Correct.

As I stated in my last comment, if I stayed you must ALWAYS switch, I'd be wrong, but I didn't.

For someone who likes to lord over this guy and accuse me of "rudeness" you're having trouble following the conversation.
    Yes you are correct with more dps=more threat than RD needed.
    Have i said something else? i said i dont switch targets because i havent met a group i lose aggro to yet.
    And imo your comments were rude, while i can be rude too i aint always, only if i see something i dont like, like saying rogue's are bad tanks, while they're not.
    Basically i dont know why we are "arguing" because i just say how it is for me, and you for yourself, in a rude to me way, imo.

I never said you were wrong now did i?
    All i said was you dont always need to change target, and if it looked like i said you shouldnt then excuse me, im tired and my english aint perfect.
    Last edited by AlexE; 05-21-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Kats@Vigil - 50 Rogue

The "best tanks" comment has been around a while, it's debatable obviously, but I admit I feel the same way, having a cleric tank myself.

But yes, rogue damage is very low, even in AOE situations. But it doesn't seem to matter much, save for obviously contributing less to killing ****
    Rog DPS is more than just ok I just hope they don't nerf it. Last GSB in T2 only gear I was trading spots with a BM and SC the entire run. The Tank for that run was a .....riftstalker. I'm hoping they don't nerf it though because it is on par with the other DPS classes for AoE (Sab) and single target (take your pick from a bunch fo specs).
    FAT - Rogue - Elapse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3