+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why Would Anyone roll anything other then a Rouge..??

Default Why Would Anyone roll anything other then a Rouge..??

I have been leveling a Mage...Level 32 SC/Ele/Chlor

Even tho I have not yet spent the time to gear him out and top off the stats. I do understand that caster are supposed to be a little more squishy then any other class...I accept that, But when I get jumped by a rouge who can stun lock me, and get my to 1/4 health before I can even turn around, If I manage to get a heal off, knockback and start to cast on him it usually only takes 3 or 4 hits total, then if by chance I get hiim below 50%, with a pet on him while doing damg. He can just stealth away and come back to hit me again, For me, why would anyone roll anything else, that is a complete OP killing class...!! Even tho it deosnt take skill to play the class, I am going to have to jump on the bandwagon on this one...LOL

/Reroll time ;)

Just my 2 cents flame away..haha

Obviously, because some peoples' cheeks are already red enough?

Seriously, I play all four callings because they're all fun. I really don't care about temporary FoTM balance issues.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Obviously, because some peoples' cheeks are already red enough?

Seriously, I play all four callings because they're all fun. I really don't care about temporary FoTM balance issues.
    Concur with Seebmeister here.

My most favorite is Rogue, followed by Mage, then Cleric, then Warrior. But I also play all four callings and enjoy them purely for the fun of it.
    Principally I hate and detest that animal called man; although I heartily love John, Peter, Thomas, and so forth.

Atrum Dies Es Coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Reash View Post
    I have been leveling a Mage...Level 32 SC/Ele/Chlor

Even tho I have not yet spent the time to gear him out and top off the stats. I do understand that caster are supposed to be a little more squishy then any other class...I accept that, But when I get jumped by a rouge who can stun lock me, and get my to 1/4 health before I can even turn around, If I manage to get a heal off, knockback and start to cast on him it usually only takes 3 or 4 hits total, then if by chance I get hiim below 50%, with a pet on him while doing damg. He can just stealth away and come back to hit me again, For me, why would anyone roll anything else, that is a complete OP killing class...!! Even tho it deosnt take skill to play the class, I am going to have to jump on the bandwagon on this one...LOL

/Reroll time ;)

Just my 2 cents flame away..haha
    I don't know... I like hot pink and baby blue myself with a nice gold trim... rouge was never my style.

Rogues can be killed, if a player is smart and especially if she has team mates who are watching each other.

A good fix would be that all stuns, incaps and fears are break on any damage (including DoTs), this would ensure that the CC is used to control the player not totally prevent the player from acting and defending themselves.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

1st: Rouge (pronounced /ˈruːʒ/; French: red), also called blush, is a cosmetic typically used by women to redden the cheeks so as to provide a more youthful appearance, and to emphasize the cheekbones.

2nd:You are talking about Assassin Soul of the rogue calling. 1 soul. Yes its very powerful against a single opponent and if played right can kill most setups. However once "exposed" an assassin becomes very vulnerable so i woulndt call it OP. It is however very fun to play.

Ascendant

The solution to all things rogue prior to level 40 is more DoTs.

No really, that's all you need. Prior to level 40, rogues have nothing to keep them in stealth through damage. And at 40, their only ability to keep them stealthed through damage is on a 1m CD.

Every calling has an ability that breaks stuns without having to use Break Free. That gives you the potential for two stun breaks but really, after the first one if they follow up with another you're on DR immunity 2s later and you're usually in pretty good shape. Rogues have no real self healing. Assassins get a really awful ability that not only heals for a trivial amount on a 6s CD, it also applies a stacking DoT on them every time they use it. They basically have to cut off their nose to spite your face.

Try it, though. Be my guest. Se how much "no skill" you feel is involved in playing the calling when you can't snare a target indefinitely to keep them in range.

Rogues can be deadly. So can any other calling. They also have counters. Just like any other calling. You can learn from it or just give up and whine and be a baddie. At least if you play a rogue, you'll get first hand experience with how good players deal with them.

personally I prefer bronzer...

Sez

Nerf rogues (That aren't level 50 yet) sure. Why not?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post

No really, that's all you need. Prior to level 40, rogues have nothing to keep them in stealth through damage. And at 40, their only ability to keep them stealthed through damage is on a 1m CD.

Every calling has an ability that breaks stuns without having to use Break Free. That gives you the potential for two stun breaks but really, after the first one if they follow up with another you're on DR immunity 2s later and you're usually in pretty good shape. Rogues have no real self healing. Assassins get a really awful ability that not only heals for a trivial amount on a 6s CD, it also applies a stacking DoT on them every time they use it. They basically have to cut off their nose to spite your face.

Try it, though. Be my guest. Se how much "no skill" you feel is involved in playing the calling when you can't snare a target indefinitely to keep them in range.

Rogues can be deadly. So can any other calling. They also have counters. Just like any other calling. You can learn from it or just give up and whine and be a baddie. At least if you play a rogue, you'll get first hand experience with how good players deal with them.

LOL...This not a whine, yet an observation. Like I said I have not tried to gear my toon yet and have not bought into the whole PvP soul thing yet, I have no build going except some random build that I have been throwing points into, so I accept that I will get beat down the majority of the time. Just noticed that rouges are pretty much king of the hill as far as CC'ing someone till they are done killing you, also the damn...Immune, Immune, Immune they have is killer as well....Like I said total package in one class. Like someone mentioned they dont have heals, thats the only thing that makes them not Super OP.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post

I play a rogue in PvP (because it's fun) and the definite weakness is magic damage and knockbacks...especially prior to getting stuff like Slip Away. Even in the 10-19 brackets mages still hit like a truck because of no magic resistance (200+ fireballs, 400 crit lighting strikes, etc).

I now know to avoid warriors because of their insane armor as well....
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    A good fix would be that all stuns, incaps and fears are break on any damage (including DoTs), this would ensure that the CC is used to control the player not totally prevent the player from acting and defending themselves.
    This is a great idea.

Telaran

I don't know... I like hot pink and baby blue myself with a nice gold trim... rouge was never my style.

Rogues can be killed, if a player is smart and especially if she has team mates who are watching each other.

they already made CC almost useless

by doing what u want might as well throw all CC out the window.

If you dont like PvP dont play it If you like to PvP then deal with the CC

you can not get stun locked in this game even b4 the patch.

If you get jumped by a rogue then he should get u down 3/4 if you get the jump same 4 the roug

Just noticed that rouges are pretty much king of the hill
    Yes. On some people rouge is nice.

On a side note I would advise this: Read mage forums for ideas of builds and such, try different builds and acquire better gear. Warlock armor is pretty fond of rogues' quick attacks for example.

And for the love of waffles.... ROGUE. R-O-G-U-E
    Last edited by Elkhor; 05-21-2011 at 12:21 PM.

LOL...This not a whine, yet an observation. Like I said I have not tried to gear my toon yet and have not bought into the whole PvP soul thing yet, I have no build going except some random build that I have been throwing points into, so I accept that I will get beat down the majority of the time. Just noticed that rouges are pretty much king of the hill as far as CC'ing someone till they are done killing you, also the damn...Immune, Immune, Immune they have is killer as well....Like I said total package in one class. Like someone mentioned they dont have heals, thats the only thing that makes them not Super OP.
    Then go play 1 to 50 and start pvp there and you will see what it's about.
    My every day pvp looks like this:
    Buff up, go stealth, sneak around looking for people (Hopefully i dont run into a cleric) to kill.
    I find 1 or 2, i stack the 3 bleeds with a stun after, i am now just beating on him until i get 5 CP again, i use serpent strikes when it triggers, i press final blow.
    IF they survive and are decent, im dead, i have 4.4k HP, a tick on 1 single dot take's away 100 of that.
    If i get dotted and use stealth i either pop up again after 3 seconds, or 15 seconds if the dot ticks for that long.
    I CANT stun again because they will be immune to it cause they got CC'd once 23 seconds before i pop up (lol =_=) i cant even slow them with MS.
    The rogue, especially an assassin has so few defensive skills it's funny, we have Enduring brew, it heals for 460 and then places a DoT that deals 230 dmg over like 10 seconds.
    We have slip away, it's awesome, but if i have a dot on me im usually screwed.
    We cant stun more than once cause some mob/player CC'd my target before i did. (stupid really)

That's about it, im tired so might not make any sense at all but w.e.
    If you think assassin is so easy to play and is so dang OP, then go play 1.

I bet you will go back to your mage when you meet same geared mages (How's 1.6k instant cast spells, 100 per tick dots, 50 dmg back to attacker per attack, and let me warn you, assassin with daggers attacks fast)
    Assassin requires a bit more skill than you make it out to look like.
    Last edited by AlexE; 05-21-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1169507&dateline=1307  205688
    Kats@Vigil - 50 Rogue

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    This is a great idea.
    No, it's a really, really bad idea.

~ST.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast