+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Single target heal

Soulwalker

Default Bard Single target heal

why dont they implment a single target heal for emergency situations mainly im talking pvp but could be usful in pve, maybe have cadance be able to be used on a friendly target not generating combo points but doubleing the healing of it?

Shield of Telara

likely because bard is a support class and not a healer class

Rift Disciple

The Bard is already considered an offhealer by pugs. Giving the soul additional heals only makes it worse. Instead they should buff the buffs and nerf the heals.
    Thanks.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by nepumuk View Post
    They should buff the buffs and nerf the heals.
    This ^^

~ST.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by nepumuk View Post
    The Bard is already considered an offhealer by pugs. Giving the soul additional heals only makes it worse. Instead they should buff the buffs and nerf the heals.
    Thanks.
    they dont even need to nerf the heals. ya they're great party heals but they arent OP. Just leave them how they are and give us more debuffs and buffs to rotate so people understand we have more **** to do than just spam cadence.

Sez

Dop dop dop. (Add in Bladedancer) Dep dep dep.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Dop dop dop. (Add in Bladedancer) Dep dep dep.
    ya blade dancer adds a lot to a raid bard....that leet dps that a few points in bd definitely outweigh the energy/mp/power regain of verse of joy.

i already said for instances you can make bard a lot better by putting in more dps.

in a raid there is no place for it. you are needed as support and raid heals not dps. verse of joy > 20 dps putting 4 extra points into BD is gonna get you.

thanks for the info though, you really opened my eyes. i had no idea you could use other souls in this game. thats so crazy!

the point i'm making is going full support bard for raids as is needed is really boring right now because they dont give us enough to do to stay busy. compare all the rotation of buffs, debuffs, healing that bards did in other games to what we have hear and you can see Rift's version is really lackluster.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 05-21-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post

verse of joy > 20 dps putting 4 extra points into BD is gonna get you.
    Have you ever parsed out exactly what verse of joy does for you? It's probably the most overrated buff in the game.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Have you ever parsed out exactly what verse of joy does for you? It's probably the most overrated buff in the game.
    it probably is lol you're right but its gotta be more than 20dps raid wide lol. also i am full support when needing to go bard for raids as we have plenty of dps. I just keep it as more of an "oh ****" button in case something gets ****ed up during a fight prolonging it and starting to cause issues. But really you are right about it being overvalued particularly in raids where people typically have banners and **** up.

When I am dpsing more in raids (currently barding a lot because a couple of our core ppl have had RL issues and not able to be on so i'm just filling the slot) I normally run a more dps oriented build for 5/10 mans as I stated.

None of this is really my issue though. I dont really want to be more busy on bard because I am dpsing part of the time (though it fine in expert/10 man content) i want more BARD stuff to do. More buffs/debuffs. I mean the bard rotation is ******edly low maintenance i want to be busier, lol.

ANYWAY, i'll stop derailling now. the reason we dont have a good single target heal is because we arent healers.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 05-21-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    ya blade dancer adds a lot to a raid bard....that leet dps that a few points in bd definitely outweigh the energy/mp/power regain of verse of joy.

i already said for instances you can make bard a lot better by putting in more dps.

in a raid there is no place for it. you are needed as support and raid heals not dps. verse of joy > 20 dps putting 4 extra points into BD is gonna get you.

thanks for the info though, you really opened my eyes. i had no idea you could use other souls in this game. thats so crazy!

the point i'm making is going full support bard for raids as is needed is really boring right now because they dont give us enough to do to stay busy. compare all the rotation of buffs, debuffs, healing that bards did in other games to what we have hear and you can see Rift's version is really lackluster.
    All those wasted words... 51bard/15bladedancer. Sigh... That's what I get for trying to help.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

+ Reply to Thread