+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eradicate spam is removing Scatter the Shadows.

Default Eradicate spam is removing Scatter the Shadows.

Among other things, which are supposed to grant immunity to harmful effects. What's up with this?

"Crito, I owe a **** to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt? "
    SUPREME GRILLMASTER of The Enclave

Ascendant

It removes healers covenant.. It removes absorb shields...

Why wouldn't it remove your invulnerability..

I mean it couldn't be broken could it? I mean why don't you just recast it... Thats what the rogues always say to do..
    Last edited by LordOberon; 05-21-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Scatter the Shadows
    No Cost
    Instant
    Cooldown: 2 Minutes
    Removes curable harmful effects and causes the Rogue to be immune to all damage and harmful effects for 3 seconds.
    That's a little bit different from what clerics get, isn't it?

i believe by harmful effects they mean debuffs, bleeds, etc.
    Last edited by Macrocosm93; 05-21-2011 at 07:28 AM.
    Existenz@Lotham
    <Excess>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cybaster View Post
    That's a little bit different from what clerics get, isn't it?
    So you remove my Healers Covenant.. I don't get 40% less chance to get cc'ed with it & it can be purge.. Its on a 2 min recast

Its no different.. Its not a class defining buff..

As the marksman have repeatedly stated. Eradicate does no damage.. so basically its not a harmful effect according to their logic..

This is a wakeup call to those rogues who defend a broken ability..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Rift Disciple

I play a MM and eradicate is way too OP. Give it a 5 or 10 sec CD (10s would be logical).

It doesn't sound that much of an OP skill on paper, but fighting a Chloro for example with that skill is a piece of cake.

Sez

This thread makes me laugh.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

The whole point of using eradicate or any other buff remover is to get things like your immunity. Though eradicate afaik gets the oldest buffs first, so in order to actually strip you of a 3 second duration buff he's literally been spamming eradicate since before you popped it to get all your other piddly buffs and kept spamming it (cause there's only 3 gcds in which to nail that lol...)

So the picture this is painting is you were in a warfront and either were running from or into their mass of people and a marksmen was one among lots that targeted you. Sorry you couldn't stay invulnerable to that.

If this was 1v1 then good for him that he actually removed a buff that only lasts 3 seconds that matters that much to you in the heat of battle.
    Last edited by Shinigam1; 05-21-2011 at 09:46 AM.

While I can appreciate that most of you don't understand the role scatter the shadows plays in Warfronts, and that one never garners sympathy or agreement from anyone on these forums unless they are frustrated with exactly the same problem, I should like to point out that the ability is worded in such a manner that the grammar suggests total invulnerability.

I consider eradicate's effect very, very harmful. As for users spamming it continually, that's what everyone does with it anyway. Guardian phase never lasts an encounter, but who would expect it to?

I consider eradicate's effect very, very harmful. As for users spamming it continually, that's what everyone does with it anyway. Guardian phase never lasts an encounter, but who would expect it to?
    Eradicate isnt harmful to you at all. You arent the target... your buffs are. That being said it should have a cooldown. Maybe 3-5 seconds.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cybaster View Post
    While I can appreciate that most of you don't understand the role scatter the shadows plays in Warfronts, and that one never garners sympathy or agreement from anyone on these forums unless they are frustrated with exactly the same problem, I should like to point out that the ability is worded in such a manner that the grammar suggests total invulnerability.

you're an idiot. the wording clearly shows that this would be removed by eradicate. also Eradicate is doing no dmg to you. so it isnt a harmful effect. because it opens you up for one it is by effect harmful to your survival but it is not directly causing a harmful effect on you.

this is so gd stupid i cant believe all the bs you whiney little turds cry about.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblabe View Post
    I play a MM and eradicate is way too OP. Give it a 5 or 10 sec CD (10s would be logical).

It doesn't sound that much of an OP skill on paper, but fighting a Chloro for example with that skill is a piece of cake.
    10 sec is not logical if it sits 44 points deep in mm tree and remains an attempt to strip 2 buffs
    Last edited by Meccros; 05-21-2011 at 02:36 PM.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    This thread makes me laugh.
    That just about sums it up.

Harmful effects doesn't include purges. Harmful=inflicts damage. It's the reason I can stun a 44 nightblade with foul play. Get over it.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Eradicate isn't going to survive a single patch. You guys - marksman, all, who suddenly found themselves to be great players when 1.2 hit - are bending over backwards to find reasons that this ridiculous skill should stay as it is. This is coming from a rogue who now plays Marksman in everything but Port Scion.

It's getting axed, and when it does, I want you to remember this thread.

dmv

I play Assassin, and saboteur. I'm really in no danger in getting nerfed, the only thing that is in danger is deadly dance. Anyways, I doubt you'll see eradicate gone anytime soon, don't kid yourself eradicate isn't that over the top.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast