+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So... What is the purpose of Crossfire now?

Plane Touched

Default So... What is the purpose of Crossfire now?

I'm just a bit curious after doing some PvP and PvE as a 44 MM/17 Sin/5 Rng as to what the actual purpose of Crossfire is, since in PvP after the patch it is just a great way of making everyone immune to snares/knockbacks/roots in 2 seconds and in PvE it does pretty much the same damage as Fan Out but can't be used if you are close to the trash you want to use it on (Happens quite often, especially if you skip some trash)

Also since it is now a root ability I don't get the choice of not taking it, so I'm just wondering if there where any situations where it is actually useful to use?

My suggestion to make it useful if it needs a buff - Make it have a similar mechanic to Soul Drain, doing damage to nearby targets (Make it only one extra target though since it can already hit 9 when talented). This would allow it to do alot of damage against a few targets, or do a little damage to alot. Also remove the knockback portion of it to make it a 1 minute CD AoE damage ability (Just like Strafe is a 1 minute CD single target ability)
    Last edited by Taril; 05-21-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taril View Post
    I'm just a bit curious after doing some PvP and PvE as a 44 MM/17 Sin/5 Rng as to what the actual purpose of Crossfire is, since in PvP after the patch it is just a great way of making everyone immune to snares/knockbacks/roots in 2 seconds and in PvE it does pretty much the same damage as Fan Out but can't be used if you are close to the trash you want to use it on (Happens quite often, especially if you skip some trash)

Also since it is now a root ability I don't get the choice of not taking it, so I'm just wondering if there where any situations where it is actually useful to use?

My suggestion to make it useful if it needs a buff - Make it have a similar mechanic to Soul Drain, doing damage to nearby targets (Make it only one extra target though since it can already hit 9 when talented). This would allow it to do alot of damage against a few targets, or do a little damage to alot. Also remove the knockback portion of it to make it a 1 minute CD AoE damage ability (Just like Strafe is a 1 minute CD single target ability)
    pretty good for annoying melee who queue for random t2

(Gear)

A lot of skills were made useless or even detrimental because of DR. Crossfire needs a rework along with lots of other skills if DR stays the same. And your idea sounds like a good one.
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 05-21-2011 at 05:05 AM.

I used to use it to troll my guild's tank when I was MM :3

+ Reply to Thread