+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM/RG/RS help...

Soulwalker

Default MM/RG/RS help...

Like the title says I am new to the game and so far I am having fun playing my MM/RG/RS, cause she is fast and has some good burst dps...

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a build that would allow for to keep these souls and have some decent burst after 30+

I have been doing some reading on guides but I wanted to see if anyone had some opinions for me.

Soulwalker

Bump for some advice....

Champion

Well, if you're set on mm/rg/rs, you're looking at a spec that isn't among the cookie cutter specs or like anything I've seen used in pve or pvp. What are you looking to accomplish with your character? Do you want to raid? Do war-fronts? Group? Solo? Either way, riftstalker isn't exactly a match made in heaven for pvp or pve with either ranger or marksman.
    Last edited by rennlc; 05-21-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    Well, if you're set on mm/rg/rs, you're looking at a spec that isn't among the cookie cutter specs or like anything I've seen used in pve or pvp. What are you looking to accomplish with your character? Do you want to raid? Do war-fronts? Group? Solo? Either way, riftstalker isn't exactly a match made in heaven for pvp or pve with either ranger or marksman.
    Well I really enjoy PvP and I dont have a lot in RS its mainly for the extra mobility. I like the get in fire off sime massive burst damage then get out, I think I basically want to end up a healer killer with range.

Soulwalker

Hi!

I'm in the same mindset as you are: get in/ get out, with a kill...hopefully. I designed a build that might do the job but not until a least lvl 45 unfortunately. Till then I use a classic MM/Sin build.

So here's my idea (at lvl50) : (38 MM/ 16 RS/ 12 BD) http://seelenplaner.telara.net/#rogu...2,055002000301

I haven't tested it (I'm only lvl32) so I have no idea if it's a viable build in PvP. But on paper I find it pretty sexy.

The main idea behind this build is : put your pedestal to get the buff, land 4 Swift shots, Shadow assault, 5 CP Deadly Dance, Strafe (while getting away), Swift shot, 5 CP Rapid Fire Shot.

Theoretically, as Strafe generates combo points, it should benefit from the deadly dance buff. So with deadly dance buff (2/3) + pedestal buff + stalker phase + ruthless stalker, you should have a +115% dmg and +15% critical chance Strafe. And you stil have Improved Hit and Run for a second burst phase. Oh, and you also have two interrupts : Deaden and Weapon Barrage.

Telaran

I play a Ranger ---> Marksman -------> riftStalker combo...and it is great for burst dps in melee range. Most of the problem with this type of "ranged" class is that the "deadzone" exists....but with some of the root talents from the RS I am able to melee when they get inside that deadzone...and it usually is enough that a few well placed combo points will finish off most enemies.

Don't go for the "cokkie cutter" talent spread/ spec or w/e you call it; Trion designed this game to have damn near unlimited playstyles with the different souls and callings and combinations you can create with them

BTW I am new also, I have only been playing for a little over a mont now....I'm so lost on other things, not the classes / souls / callings. Find a combo of souls that you enjoy; don't listen to a lot of these e-nerds who sit infront of a spreadsheet with some hotpockets, manga, and their calculators. Find your own playstyle and if people don't like it tell them to kiss your junk.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the opinions so far...any other willing to lend me their knowledge?

I'm using RS/MM/RNG right now. Level 40 and this is my build

http://seelenplaner.telara.net/#rogu...2201031;35,051

By next level I'll be able to use all of my abilities at melee range. I may just respec and move a point around so I can do it right now.

This is the build I plan on having at level 50

http://seelenplaner.telara.net/#rogu...3132211;35,051

The RS and RNG are set as what they should have. I'm still playing around with the MM portion as to what gives me the most bang for my buck. Any suggestions would be great.

The teleporting is great as all 4 teleports I have give me +15% crit for 10s while 2 of them give me +15% damage for 10s

http://seelenplaner.telara.net/#rogu...3130211;35,051

this build is also an option as it gives me more control in PvP in case things get crazy. It gives me another teleport ability and allows me to trap a single guy for 6 seconds, giving me plenty of time to teleport away twice and run.

+ Reply to Thread