+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Greenscale Tanks.....numbers plz!

Plane Touched

Default Rogue Greenscale Tanks.....numbers plz!

hey fellow riftstalker tanks who are tanking Greenscale currently, I was wondering how much damage you guys are taking?

Fully raid buffed, with false blade, guarded steel and 5pt rift guard up:

I'm taking 2500 on noxious fume per tick

average cleave is 3.5-4k

interested to know what others are taking

should add my stats i guess, for comparison. roughly:

950 endurance --> 11300 health
    cant remember dex, 600 dodge, 300 parry
    163 toughness
    200 life resist

sweaty
    Last edited by Sweatybetty; 05-20-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Tank him under his jaw almost near his belly and you won't get cleaved FYI. Unless your talking about when you're moving him and hes cleaving you.

I take anywhere from 900 to 2300ish from breath with Auto Attack being around 900 average. This is in all T2 gear but three T3 pieces randomly dropped from bosses in Greenscale.
    Efanu - Avid

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Efanu View Post
    Tank him under his jaw almost near his belly and you won't get cleaved FYI. Unless your talking about when you're moving him and hes cleaving you.

I take anywhere from 900 to 2300ish from breath with Auto Attack being around 900 average. This is in all T2 gear but three T3 pieces randomly dropped from bosses in Greenscale.
    Ranger build? or BD? I'm guessing ranger...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

You don't need to take any cleaves - it has a very short range.

I tank greenscale fine with...

All appropriate buffs
    14.3k Health
    20% dodge and 8% parry roughly
    Zero life resistance apart from maybe a random buff
    Breathe ticks for 2.8k? Cleave? no idea around the same possibly.
    Like 600-700 auto attack

More or less half my gear is t3 with t3 token chest
    Last edited by Ryuke; 05-20-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Plane Touched

thanks for input....cant see how you can avoid cleaves that are randomly thrown in between noxious breaths....they're instant cast and if your in range to hit him, he can hit you....i tank most of the time right underneath his face and still get cleaved, so not sure how you are avoiding them....sure i can avoid the cleave he does after a set of fumes, but the random 2-3 he throws in...not so sure....

im glad im taking about same damage then....was getting paranoid....

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatybetty View Post
    thanks for input....cant see how you can avoid cleaves that are randomly thrown in between noxious breaths....they're instant cast and if your in range to hit him, he can hit you....i tank most of the time right underneath his face and still get cleaved, so not sure how you are avoiding them....sure i can avoid the cleave he does after a set of fumes, but the random 2-3 he throws in...not so sure....

im glad im taking about same damage then....was getting paranoid....
    I like how someone tells you exactly how to avoid cleaves and then you say you don't know how they do it.

Anyway, his breath ticks on me for 2300 or so. It's hard to say exactly because healers are rotating various cooldowns on me and bards/senticars give damage reduction also.

It sounds like your guild is trying for their first kill and you're dying. First its probably not your fault, but you can make it easier on them by making sure you have the spec that reduces his damage the most and gives you the max effective HP.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...IuqdRkkR.xh.xb

Also, take the advice of the above poster and get right up under Greenscale (almost to the point where he's going to turn the other way) and you can avoid his cleaves unless you're moving him. A cleave immediately following Noxious Fumes is the #1 tank killer so this is going to be a big help to your healers.

Also, they should be rotating cooldowns on you, especially on a first kill. You can get a Healer's Covenant for every other breath, so if you need help on the intervening breaths, thats when you pop Planar Refuge or Scatter the Shadows.

Some advice on popping cooldowns:
    • Use a cooldown if breath is coming and you're below about 2/3 health. Something has gone wrong and your healers are struggling. Popping a CD will save you from the breath and hopefully give your healers the time they need to top you off.
    • Don't pop a cooldown right after a breath. You might be low but the damage has been done and you need to trust your healers.
    Good luck.

Plane Touched

alright, maybe i'll try moving a little bit more under him and see how that goes. thanks

+ Reply to Thread