+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin abilities get out of range,...

Soulwalker

Default Assassin abilities get out of range,...

I think some people already have that problem ( special when you have a assassin, BD build),
    you go stealth, paralyzing strike, do your rotation, foul play between them, and when they are at 25% with 5 combos, they knock you back are teleporting or what ever, but get out of range and start to kite you,

so what you can do to get melee range back?
    *use slip away and try to get back in melee?
    *use flash of steel?

or change your build to a RS for the rifting or change BD to NB/MM for the range abilities??

What you rogues doing or using against this?

thx

Plane Touched

On my 51 Sin/15 BD I used Sprint.

Then after a while I used "Reset my role" and went Marksman...

But yeah, 15 seconds of 70% movement speed was long enough for either them or me to die.

Plane Walker

Rift stalker is a terrible pairing imo because after you teleport they will just get away again. What works best for me is 6 into ranger for crippling shot. You can also get improved twilight force in NB.

Soulwalker

On my 51 Sin/15 BD I used Sprint.

Then after a while I used "Reset my role" and went Marksman...

But yeah, 15 seconds of 70% movement speed was long enough for either them or me to die.
    also Flash of steel you can get, thats removes snares and roots.

Rift Disciple

I took 0 Ranger - quick shot + head shot isn't much but they keep a flickering mage on the defensive

Edit - please note I use a 51sin / 15bd load
    Last edited by Highstrung; 05-20-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Flash of Steel and/or spam fiery spike while running back to build up some combo points.
    Dream for 1.3:
    *Crafters Rejoice - We've reduced all deposits when listing your wares on the Auctioneer by 75%. This only applies to player made items.
    *Quest Journal: Increased in size from 25 to 50. Also, guild quests, world event quests and crafting quests no longer contribute to your quest count. No more pesky messages!
    *New Portal System: All death platforms can now be used as portals. Each platform has a short quest that must be completed to unlock it's potential. Travel expenses have been reduced and now cost by the distance traveled and not the distance from your home city.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by alexcia View Post
    also Flash of steel you can get, thats removes snares and roots.
    Though it tends to be hard to go 51 Sin/21 BD...

Also when I did play a 32 BD build in PvP Flash of Steel didn't help me so much (The root on it made my snare worthless due to diminishing returns) to the point where I mainly just used Sprint anyway.

Rift Chaser

It's why I do Assassin with about 14 in NB. Three of the points in NB could be spent elsewhere now that pyros are less prevelant, but Flame Thrust/Firey Spike is great for finishing people off when they try to kite, as well as giving you an option when you're in a state where you can't stealth (such as carrying flag/fang/sourcestone).

Soulwalker

51sin/10nb/5ranger , works for me

I dont do anything.
    Im a 51 sin/15 infil, meaning 0 way's to get closer (I do have NB aswell tho so i can at least use fiery spike ;P)
    IF a target survives i just use slip away and wait for the next moment to strike, and consider my first attempt a failed attempt.
    BUT our burst damage is rather beast if played right, i can kill most my targets in 1 stun (If serpent and final blow crits, which they most the time do since i got quiet the crit rate)
    If im also lucky then i can use malicious strike and it's not immune and it's always in there somewhere.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1169507&dateline=1307  205688
    Kats@Vigil - 50 Rogue

Rift Disciple

^^ that.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Taril View Post
    Though it tends to be hard to go 51 Sin/21 BD...

Also when I did play a 32 BD build in PvP Flash of Steel didn't help me so much (The root on it made my snare worthless due to diminishing returns) to the point where I mainly just used Sprint anyway.
    I use flash of steel all the time. I kill 1 target, and I'll flash of steel to another. Someone is hitting on healer, I flash of steel back to them. A ranged caster is firing at me while I was killing someone else - flash of steel. You see someone is beating on a healer and needs just a little extra DPS to take them down quick - flash of steel. Got 3 or 4 people hitting on you, flash of steel to a ranged guy that's further away and leave them. Running a stone and see someone ahead of you waiting - flash of steel to them and keep going.

And the best part is it gives you 2 combo points for 30 energy.

It's an awesome ability and the buffs in 1.2 for it are great. Pre 1.2 it was somewhat annoying because of minimum range requirement, but now it really rocks.

I run a 29 BD, 32 assassin, 5 Sab build. So I also put charges on people when they are out of range(builds combo points), and then either deadly strike when I get to them, or detonate them for ranged damage. You can also detonate without charges for the lower health people to finish them off. And I also get the AOE snare, which is good for slowing people down, and also for getting away.

+ Reply to Thread