+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strike Back - Bladedancer -- How's it work with Marksman spec?

Default Strike Back - Bladedancer -- How's it work with Marksman spec?

I am just trying to get verification about the Strike Back attack. It says "100% chance to strike back at your enemies with both weapons when you dodge an attack". It doesn't specify melee, although I would assume so with it saying 'both' weapons. However, I'm curious if anyone knows for sure if even if you're ranged spec, does it use just your melee weapons or could the ranged weapon be taken into consideration for the dmg?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Skoolz View Post
    I am just trying to get verification about the Strike Back attack. It says "100% chance to strike back at your enemies with both weapons when you dodge an attack". It doesn't specify melee, although I would assume so with it saying 'both' weapons. However, I'm curious if anyone knows for sure if even if you're ranged spec, does it use just your melee weapons or could the ranged weapon be taken into consideration for the dmg?
    I dueled a MM friend of mine as BD spec, and had that skill, and turned on the 50% dodge cd, and let him shoot at me, and was roughly 15 yards away, and he never got hit by any attacks, so I concluded it doesn't work on ranged, based off that testing.

Yes, if you dodge as a Marksman with the Strike Back talent... you.. will... throw... your... bow... at the enemy, run back into melee range, pick it up and then do it again on the next dodge!!!

"Both weapons" kind of gives you an idea about what area it covers yeah?

I'm sure there are a few reasons why BD isn't one of the awesome sub souls for ranged rogues ;)

In short; no and no.
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Angryorc View Post
    Yes, if you dodge as a Marksman with the Strike Back talent... you.. will... throw... your... bow... at the enemy, run back into melee range, pick it up and then do it again on the next dodge!!!

I'm sure there are a few reasons why BD isn't one of the awesome sub souls for ranged rogues ;)

In short; no and no.
    New Root: Bowmerang.
    Einziger - Dayblind
    Rank 6 Rogue
    <level>

I lol'd at both of your comments. I was afraid my question would come across as dumb, but I was finding verification for a guildmate that asked me to look into it. Thanks though.

In short; no and no.
    ^^^ this

HA HA HA HA HA
    Dream for 1.3:
    *Crafters Rejoice - We've reduced all deposits when listing your wares on the Auctioneer by 75%. This only applies to player made items.
    *Quest Journal: Increased in size from 25 to 50. Also, guild quests, world event quests and crafting quests no longer contribute to your quest count. No more pesky messages!
    *New Portal System: All death platforms can now be used as portals. Each platform has a short quest that must be completed to unlock it's potential. Travel expenses have been reduced and now cost by the distance traveled and not the distance from your home city.

In short; no and no.
    But its a Bow AND Arrows! ;)

+ Reply to Thread