+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: getting some crazy dps with this homebrew spec single target

Telaran

Default getting some crazy dps with this homebrew spec single target

so ive been toying around all day today on the dummies in sanctum, and im getting better single target numbers with this homebrew spec than i am with sozus ranger build and the new melee build too.

current spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...cEb0ooo.Vf0G0s

make the following macro:

suppressmacrofailures
    cast precision strike
    cast puncture
    cast backstab
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike
    cast weapon barrage

and also the following macro

suppressmacrofailures
    cast blade tempo
    cast deadly strike

the rotation is as follows:

spike charge pre combat to 5... at start of combat

detonate
    use combo building macro to get 5 combo points--->deadly strike
    stack 5 spike charges------->detonate

repeat.

the reason it work is that spike charges seems to get the benifit of deadly dance, without consuming any charges of it. so not only do you get buffed to hell spike charges, but you also have enough time left over to use the deadly dance buff to build your combo points back up for another deadly strike

seems to work like a charm, if you macro it this way it may be a tiny dps loss than doing it manually but its easy, single target rotation becomes 5 buttons.

im getting around 30-40 higher than i do with sozus ranger build,
    and it maintains aoe viability by going deep enough in sab for shrapnel charge dot's

let me know what kinda numbers you get!

You didn't provide any numbers. "30-40 over Sozu's build" could just mean you don't understand the rotation of that build.

What numbers did you get for each build? On a boss dummy, only self buffs (no weapon stones).
    Last edited by am0nr3; 05-20-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    You didn't provide any numbers. "30-40 over Sozu's build" could just mean you don't understand the rotation of that build.

What numbers did you get for each build? On a boss dummy, only self buffs (no weapon stones).

first off, im in mostly t2 gear.

yes, this is self buffed only, no one else attacking the dummy or in my grp

lethal poison, virulent poison, dex buff

i have read sozus guide, and because i dont have great gear i do around 835 with his spec and rotation , which i have been using for a long time, i made the 1.2 changes and the 835 is the post 1.2 numbers i get, on 4-5 min parses in sanctum.

with this spec i got 860 on my first run over 4 minutes, (it goes up over time unlike some specs that peak and then dwindle) then i just retested it again with a 5 min parse and i got 890 now.

Telaran

it seems to work because spike charge gets the bonus from deadly dance, but does not consume ANY charges of deadly dance (lol op as ****). when i noticed this i designed this rotation specifically to exploit that.

when you stack the spike charges and set them off with detonate, they tick like they would if they were all getting deadly dance, but u still have 3 stacks, and you have time to use them on your puncture, backstab, etc as you build back up to 5 combo points for your next deadly strike

basically... you get like 9 combo building attacks getting the effectgs of deadly dance.

LULS.

You have found the Deadly Dance bug with Saboteur charges, but you haven't optimized it yet.

26sab 21sin 19BD

5 spike, deadly strike, puncture, detonate
    5 shrap, detonate

Repeat

Higher DPS than your half sab, half BD/Sin rotation.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Rift Disciple

^ beat me to it i hate you

your rotation is flawed

5 spike -> deadly strike -> puncture -> detonate
    5 shrap -> detonate

pulls an extra 100-200 more dps than what you're running
    Last edited by TenkenFlux; 05-20-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rakan View Post
    so ive been toying around all day today on the dummies in sanctum, and im getting better single target numbers with this homebrew spec than i am with sozus ranger build and the new melee build too.

current spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...cEb0ooo.Vf0G0s

make the following macro:

suppressmacrofailures
    cast precision strike
    cast puncture
    cast backstab
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike
    cast weapon barrage

and also the following macro

suppressmacrofailures
    cast blade tempo
    cast deadly strike

the rotation is as follows:

spike charge pre combat to 5... at start of combat

detonate

repeat.

the reason it work is that spike charges seems to get the benifit of deadly dance, without consuming any charges of it. so not only do you get buffed to hell spike charges, but you also have enough time left over to use the deadly dance buff to build your combo points back up for another deadly strike

seems to work like a charm, if you macro it this way it may be a tiny dps loss than doing it manually but its easy, single target rotation becomes 5 buttons.

im getting around 30-40 higher than i do with sozus ranger build,
    and it maintains aoe viability by going deep enough in sab for shrapnel charge dot's

let me know what kinda numbers you get!
    In short, what you are saying is you are getting more dps using bd abilities for 5 CP (and assassin), vs. 5 shrapnel?

Are you sure? Shrapnel is probably around 2500-4400 with a dot that seems to tick for a total of 1500-2700.

All value ranges include the top end being all crits. Those numbers are excluding the 5 point det every other rotation with your spike charges. Assumption being det damage ~ 400 of deadly strike damage 5cp to 5cp.
    Last edited by DTM300; 05-20-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Telaran

Ranger Spec is a ranged spec...yours requires melee. No one cares what you do on a dummy if its not practical. A good BD/as/nb spec is better for melee so whats the point of doing this unless you dont care about numbers and just like the way it plays. The reason you use a ranger spec is to be mobile and do damage from range and be able to avoid boss mechanics.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    In short, what you are saying is you are getting more dps using bd abilities for 5 CP (and assassin), vs. 5 shrapnel?

Are you sure? Shrapnel is probably around 2500-4400 with a dot that seems to tick for a total of 1500-2700.

All value ranges include the top end being all crits.
    i couldnt get it to work like that for some reason. because i did try that first.

but i just parsed for 5 minutes again and did 960 with my rotation now on boss dummy self buffed again

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Talon9 View Post
    Ranger Spec is a ranged spec...yours requires melee. No one cares what you do on a dummy if its not practical. A good BD/as/nb spec is better for melee so whats the point of doing this unless you dont care about numbers and just like the way it plays. The reason you use a ranger spec is to be mobile and do damage from range and be able to avoid boss mechanics.
    the problem with your logic is thats its doing better damage than melee specs even, which beat range specs. and since it has sab in it, you can move to range when absolutly necessary and still do very good dps.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TenkenFlux View Post
    ^ beat me to it i hate you

your rotation is flawed

5 spike -> deadly strike -> puncture -> detonate
    5 shrap -> detonate

pulls an extra 100-200 more dps than what you're running
    Wouldn't throwing in a bs after puncture help?

Rift Disciple

the purpose of puncture is to setoff 2 combo points to detonate the 5 spike that you did not blow up cause you used deadly strike to refresh deadly dance buff.

and the build doesnt allow having backstab & puncture, you only have 21 points in sin, not 22

Backstab does more damage self buffed.
    Puncture does more damage raid buffed.

I doubt it. You'd have to drop a point somewhere else to get BS and it would lengthen the rotation which means less Spike uptime. Might be worth trying though.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

RIFT Guide Writer

You know exploiting a bug is against the EULA.

Telaran

with only using 2 melee abilities vs 4-5 , thus not proccing asoften or as high numbetred serrated blades effect the damage any?

testing will come

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast