Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Saboteur Raiding Guide - Patch 1.2

Telaran

Default Saboteur Raiding Guide - Patch 1.2

Spec
    Sabo-44 // Sin-20 // Ranger-2

Key Talents

Saboteur

Residual Shrapnel: Your Shrapnel Charge deals an additional 50% damage over 6 seconds.

Charge Booster: Using Detonate with 5 Combo Points will fire off a Booster Charge, dealing 50% weapon damage. The total damage dealt is increased by 15% for every point spent over 21.

Improved Spike Charge: Increases the duration of your Spike Charge by 6 seconds.

Improved Detonate: Increases the damage of your Detonate by 25%.

Increased Explosive Power: Increases the damage of your Charges by 15%.

Remote Clipping : Increases the range you can attach your Charges by 10 meters. Increases the range of Detonate by 10 meters.

Nimble Fingers: Increases your Dexterity by 15%.

Assassin

Magnify Pain: Increases your Critical Hit damage and healing bonus by 20%.

Cruel Vengeance: Your Critical Hit attacks increase your damage by 10% for 10 seconds.

Murderous Intent: Increases your Physical damage by 4%.

Ruthlessness: Increases your Critical Hit chance by 5%.

Poison Potency: Increases the damage your Poison abilities deal by 15%.

Ranger

Eagle Eye: Increases your Critical Hit chance by 2%.

Buffs

Virulent Poison: The Rogue coats their weapons in Poisons, and each weapon attack has a 20% chance to deal an additional 11 Water damage. Lasts 1 hour. Only 2 weapon enchantments can be applied at a time.

Lethal Poison: The Rogue coats their weapons in Poisons, and each weapon attack has a 20% chance to deal an additional 43 Water damage and increase the Critical Hit chance against the enemy by 5% for 15 seconds. Lasts 1 hour. Only 2 weapon enchantments can be applied at a time.

Abbreviations

SP= Spike Charge
    SC= Shrapnel Charge
    DE= Detonate
    CB= Carpet Bombing
    FB= Fragmentation Bomb
    AB= Annihilation Bomb
    BT= Booby Trap

Rotations

Single Target (Basic)
    1. SP > SP > SP > SP > SP > DE
    2. SC > SC > SC > SC > SC > DE

Single Target (when targets health is low)
    Spam Quick Shot.. If your able to build 5 combo points, and pull off a Head Shot, then u messed up and should have stayed with the basic rotation.

Multi Target (2-4 mobs)
    1. SP > SP > SP > SP > SP > AB > DE
    3. BT (Spam til dead, must be in melee range)

Multi Target (5+ mobs)
    1. SC > SC > SC > SC > SC > DE

Multi Target (5+ mobs with low health)
    1. FB > CB > FB > FB > FB

Only use this rotation if you will not be able to build up SCx5 before the mobs die.

Overview

There's alot of reasons this spec is full of win, the 3 that stick out to me are:

1. The 2 points in Ranger, allows this to be a ranged spec taking weapon damage from your ranged weapon, as opposed to your melee weapon. (which is typically less damage)

2. The 44 points in Sab grants your Detonate to bleed for 6 secs. This is also based off your weapon damage which again typically has higher damage. The Detonate bleed added to Spike Charge bleed, and Shrapnel bleed keep damage constantly rolling.

3. Charges are considered Poisons, therefore Poison Potency increases there damage by 15%

This spec is really simple, and fun to play. It truly allows you to maximize your raid awareness, while being effective as a DPS. I'd recommend this to any rogue, and it's by far my favorite to play. If you have any question's, comments, or constructive criticism by all means have at it.

what i do, cept your 2-4 mob rotation is still highest dps rotation for 5+... barring changing spike charge to shrapnel and going 2 srounds of shrapnel before booby trap spam. and i never use quick shot, booby trap spam works just fine when stuff is about to die. and it's not a dps race, if stuff is bout to die tossing frag bomb is really just a waste of time lol, unless your posting parses after trash pulls no one will care :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    what i do, cept your 2-4 mob rotation is still highest dps rotation for 5+... barring changing spike charge to shrapnel and going 2 srounds of shrapnel before booby trap spam. and i never use quick shot, booby trap spam works just fine when stuff is about to die. and it's not a dps race, if stuff is bout to die tossing frag bomb is really just a waste of time lol, unless your posting parses after trash pulls no one will care :P
    Typically what happens is the mobs will be gettin low, your building, then all of a sudden it dies at about 3/4 charges (Usually to a SC/Ele Mage) wastin the time spent applying charges..

Pretty much just something to do when there gettin low. But yea I get what your saying, u could pretty much disengage cuz there gunna die anyways.

As far as quick shot, I'll use it on fights like Johen when he's bout to go immune just to help push him.
    Last edited by Arafeek; 05-20-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Rift Disciple

A couple of suggestions:

For Single Target (when targets health is low)
    Just Hit DE early when you believe that the target has less than 2 seconds left to live.

For Multi Target (2-4 mobs)
    1. SP > SP > SP > SP > SP > AB > DE
    3. CB
    Repeat 1 & 2 up to four more times
    By using Carpet Bomb you make it so that you can use this rotation up to 5 times total.
    This is a Ranged spec, you do NOT want to move into melee range.

For Multi Target (5+ mobs with low health)
    Again just Hit DE early when you believe the target has less than 2 seconds left to live.
    You do not want to waste your Carpet Bomb in order to spam the low damage Frag Bomb.

There's alot of reasons this spec is full of win, the 3 that stick out to me are:

1. The 2 points in Ranger, allows this to be a ranged spec taking weapon damage from your ranged weapon, as opposed to your melee weapon. (which is typically less damage)

Actually you don't need any points in Ranger, you simply need to have it (or Marksman) as one of your souls so that you get the Ranged Mastery passive ability. This ability turns on Ranged auto attack as soon as you hit detonate or use a bomb, and keeps it on as you continue to use your charges.

This same spec also works very well in the open world doing quests and fighting Rifts, Footholds and Invasions.

Telaran

Is the Assassin skill Expose Weakness not worth the global in a rotation?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vellis View Post
    Is the Assassin skill Expose Weakness not worth the global in a rotation?
    According to my math it is not worth the Energy. Remember on a long (20+ sec) fight you are going to probably be energy limited, not GCD limited.

Also one other thing to watch, be sure that you do not "clip" the last tick of your Spike charge bleed by hitting detonate too soon. If you get back to full energy while waiting then hit a frag bomb, however I find that simply waiting on energy is usually enough, but this will vary depending on your group and the energy buffs you have.

You might occasionally find yourself waiting to reapply Spike for a few seconds. If that's the case, and you will hit 100 energy before your DOT wears off and you can detonate, then you should Expose Weakness rather than waste potential energy regeneration. That's really the only time to use it except to set it up at the start of a fight.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

you should try moving 3 points from increased poison into the ranger tree for an extra 3% crit. this should boost dps much more as you do not benefit as much from poisons as you would from the 3% especially since you have 10% increased damage up time being higher as well as the 20% increase to critical damage. that is assuming that you dont already have some ridiculous crit rating as is and arent hitting some kinda of cap or DR

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by corrupt84 View Post
    you should try moving 3 points from increased poison into the ranger tree for an extra 3% crit. this should boost dps much more as you do not benefit as much from poisons as you would from the 3% especially since you have 10% increased damage up time being higher as well as the 20% increase to critical damage. that is assuming that you dont already have some ridiculous crit rating as is and arent hitting some kinda of cap or DR
    sab charges = poison = 15% more charge damage.

kind of a terrible way to spend your first time posting making a terrible statement.

Banned

How many more people are going to post the same build thinking they made it also thinking we never played a Sab in Rift before 1.2

You're not cool, stop posting repetitive builds.

i use expose and timebomb when joy is going on since energy is infinite, otherwise at most ill do a timebomb and that's if i have a tablet running, else ill not have the energy.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    You might occasionally find yourself waiting to reapply Spike for a few seconds. If that's the case, and you will hit 100 energy before your DOT wears off and you can detonate, then you should Expose Weakness rather than waste potential energy regeneration. That's really the only time to use it except to set it up at the start of a fight.
    ^^ I second this. My boss fight pre-rotation looks like this:
    pre-load spike x 5
    when tank pulls immediately hit incriminate macro
    expose weakness
    detonate

continue rotation with shrapnel x5, spike x5, etc

On the odd time when I'm waiting for spike to wear off I'll throw in an expose weakness. It's better than a bomb or anything else. But this isn't even really necessary; it's nice to regen for 1-2 ticks before hitting detonate.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    How many more people are going to post the same build thinking they made it also thinking we never played a Sab in Rift before 1.2

You're not cool, stop posting repetitive builds.
    Did I say I made this spec? Exactly, I didn't think so.. If someone else posted a guide I overlooked it. Stop acting like your worthless statements make you cool, cuz really u just look like a clown!

Voh

so....whats your dps usually on a single target?

Shadowlander

why not simple hit barbed trap?

Like whenever there is 2+ seconds left -> barbed trap, aslong as the boss mechanic allows it.
    For hat reason i prefer melee build, also nb gives +6% more charge dmg +serrated blades

and don't forget with 2 daggers u have a higher chance of poisen procs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast