+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Autoattack still bugged?!

Default Autoattack still bugged?!

Hi there,

as i tested the 44 sab build yesterday i noticed that AT stops almost every rotation. if you pop detontate, it works again for 2-4 charges. pretty annoying. i was in melee range al the time. anyone can confirm that?

yes it's broken, was testing last night and it still bugs out like crazy, i basically get close to 0 auto attacks as saboteur so i simply ignore them.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Ascendant

Macro all of your charges thusly:

#show <charge name>
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast <charge name>
    startattack

This gets around the auto attack bug with charges. You really should do it, as auto attacks plus poisons plus serrated blades (in the popular sab/sin/x builds) contributes a good chunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post

#show <charge name>
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast <charge name>
    startattack

This gets around the auto attack bug with charges. You really should do it, as auto attacks plus poisons plus serrated blades (in the popular sab/sin/x builds) contributes a good chunk.
    no, i place charges before combat, this is a terrible idea.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    Use a separate binding to apply charges before the fight and problem solved. It's not like your typical saboteur spec is all that demanding in terms of bar space.

This bug still happens to me in any spec.
    Trephination [Rogue] | Somali [Mage] | Defiant @ Deepstrike | <Waiting on Diablo>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    This is why you have your primary charge macros for in-combat, and then other slots on your bars dedicated to the non-macro'd versions so you can use silent setup.

Sabo isn't exactly demanding on the bar slots.

This is why you have your primary charge macros for in-combat, and then other slots on your bars dedicated to the non-macro'd versions so you can use silent setup.

Sabo isn't exactly demanding on the bar slots.
    lol my sabo setup has 3 full bars of abilities, but i pvp in it too so i use everything possible! traps, bombs, u name it!

also my macro list is kinda full atm, if i can spare 2 spots i may try this, but since i am a ranged sabo anyways it does not matter as much since i do not get serrated blades.

ok, thx for the headsup.
    there are workarounds ofc but this sucks.
    fixed bugs arent fixed = bad.

as we are already talking about not fixed bugs:

i didnt noticed a higher procrate from the mortuous greater. maybe a dev wanna look at this again too.

Still bugged... did ANOTHER ingame bug report last nite, for whatever use it will do.

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

If you're primarily ranged, then use startrangedattack instead of startattack

Charge damage is calculated on detonate, so ensuring you're in ranged mode is important, unless double whetstoned, in which case you'll probably want to (be in melee range and) have startattack macroed in before detonate.

#show <charge name>
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast <charge name>
    startattack

Does that work for ranged attacks without a ranged soul?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Firmfroggy View Post
    If you're primarily ranged, then use startrangedattack instead of startattack

Charge damage is calculated on detonate, so ensuring you're in ranged mode is important, unless double whetstoned, in which case you'll probably want to (be in melee range and) have startattack macroed in before detonate.
    while i dont play sab seriously, so i dont know all the mechanics with it: i do know that the whetstones on your melee weapons effect your range weapon as well. it appears to be just a buff on your charicter, not the weapons themselves. my "noise canceling coating" on my range weapon procs on my melee attacks the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    while i dont play sab seriously, so i dont know all the mechanics with it: i do know that the whetstones on your melee weapons effect your range weapon as well. it appears to be just a buff on your charicter, not the weapons themselves. my "noise canceling coating" on my range weapon procs on my melee attacks the same way.
    Funnily enough, that's not my experience with whetstones and ranged attacks.

I did a parse of my solo ranger build that includes bard for cadence healing and heavy nightblade (for Heat Retention and SoD) and on a 5 minute parse of my dps both with and without whetstones, always standing at range, the results were identical.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d6...tone-parse.jpg

Shield of Telara

Poison coating and Noise Cancelling Coating are bugged. I put a Poison Coating on my bow 2 weeks ago and even after the buff has gone away it still effects the target. Something in the system isn't working quite right with removing the buff when it's suppose to do so. Poison coating is a flat 5 dps.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

+ Reply to Thread