+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Perfect Assassin Build?

Telaran

Default Perfect Assassin Build?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....GARftsfqddR.V
    PVE mainly unless you have the backing of a healer. Then...Hoooooo boy this is a fun one.
    I enjoy it. Lots of synergy between souls and works excellently as a solo/daily spec. The most Assassin-y spec I've found, no extra crap just "find him, kill him". Puts out respectable dps as well in 5 mans, and super fun. 0 downtime unless you messed up, and assassins don't mess up...and it takes a pack of 4 to get me out of shape with all the saps and stuns and stuff.
    typical rotation, dont overwrite bleeds, slip away for more jagged goodness if you have not had to use it cause you pulled aggro. I am torn between ranger and sab for the 5 pointer, the ranged option is nice when you have to run out, and ranger has better ranged options for 5 points. But 15% dex is so sexy and you can do a little between FS from nb and charges/detonate in sab.
    anywho, give it a whirl.

Telaran

no replys? is this just such a common build that I'm preaching to the choir?

Soulwalker

Same Sin build I use, except I put 5 points in Riftstalker for 15% attack power. I imagine Ranger is best though for the 5% crit....... /shrug its hard to screw up a 51 point Sin build though.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sevrent View Post
    Same Sin build I use, except I put 5 points in Riftstalker for 15% attack power. I imagine Ranger is best though for the 5% crit....... /shrug its hard to screw up a 51 point Sin build though.
    Yeah, I tried RS and Ranger both, found I got the most out of the dex from sab. You're right though, this tree is amazing, living under the bd/nb shadow.

Well imho theres a difference between "fun" and fun while parsing. 51 anything rogue is just lost potential on the parse. Is it more fun that a dancer/NB/assassin? Perhaps. But for a dps class to be competetive we must find the best power management and pain dealing spec available. If all was equal, I would play MM 100% of the time bacause it's just fun to me. But in 5 mans and raids this just isnt practical.
    Dream for 1.3:
    *Crafters Rejoice - We've reduced all deposits when listing your wares on the Auctioneer by 75%. This only applies to player made items.
    *Quest Journal: Increased in size from 25 to 50. Also, guild quests, world event quests and crafting quests no longer contribute to your quest count. No more pesky messages!
    *New Portal System: All death platforms can now be used as portals. Each platform has a short quest that must be completed to unlock it's potential. Travel expenses have been reduced and now cost by the distance traveled and not the distance from your home city.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbit View Post
    Well imho theres a difference between "fun" and fun while parsing. 51 anything rogue is just lost potential on the parse. Is it more fun that a dancer/NB/assassin? Perhaps. But for a dps class to be competetive we must find the best power management and pain dealing spec available. If all was equal, I would play MM 100% of the time bacause it's just fun to me. But in 5 mans and raids this just isnt practical.
    51 assassin has one job, and its not PvE. Its for the ~4000-6000 burst you can pull on one target every two minutes.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

In answer to the question in the post subject - no.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Wow 51 point Sin. Lets make a thread about it. Wait, let me guess. Your 51 point Sin is totally different than other 51 point Sin specs?

+ Reply to Thread