+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: plutonus musings and AP vs Crit

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i remember my posts well. you should stop trolling me however, your acting like a 12 year old crying on the forums as if im someone in your life that matters and needs to be argued with. you don't even have a high post count! definitely a troll of some type. you should quit while you are ahead and start posting informative stuff so people might actually respect you some day.
    Because we know that the more random posts we make to inflate our post count validates how credible we are.

Anywho, good information to know about Crit & AP, been doing some testing myself and I am kind of leaning away from AP... its been showing very minimal damage increases with Ranger for me.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 05-23-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Telaran

i remember my posts well. you should stop trolling me however, your acting like a 12 year old crying on the forums as if im someone in your life that matters and needs to be argued with. you don't even have a high post count! definitely a troll of some type. you should quit while you are ahead and start posting informative stuff so people might actually respect you some day.
    Yes my post count matters >.< I don't post countless ammounts of garbage like soo many of you do. Your care for post #'s are as about as legitimate as your care for trash dps. Maybe if I made a couple thousand posts about useless ****, like how hard it is to get out of a cleave or the importance of trash dps i'll gain some respect from a few bads. Instead I'll stick to pointing out the garbage that comes from forums *****'s like yourself, pretending like you know anything about nothing in hopes for a little e-fame. \

Only troll here is you =) But hey, you're forum cool because you have 2k posts! Meh, anyways. Wasted more time than I should have on your waste of skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurei View Post
    Yes my post count matters >.< I don't post countless ammounts of garbage like soo many of you do. Your care for post #'s are as about as legitimate as your care for trash dps. Maybe if I made a couple thousand posts about useless ****, like how hard it is to get out of a cleave or the importance of trash dps i'll gain some respect from a few bads. Instead I'll stick to pointing out the garbage that comes from forums *****'s like yourself, pretending like you know anything about nothing in hopes for a little e-fame. \

Only troll here is you =) But hey, you're forum cool because you have 2k posts! Meh, anyways. Wasted more time than I should have on your waste of skin.
    it's amazing some ppl. first i started the thread, second you insulted me on every single one of your posts! me, not my character or ability to play this game, but me my person in real life. you dont know me yet you insult me like you do. that makes you a troll, im only caling you out. have a nice life.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurei View Post

*pulls out Troll-scanner*

It's over 9000!

I wouldnt say that AP scales horribly on some classes.

As you already know, you need to get the ratio right for certain classes in regards to AP vs Crit.

My sin has 550 AP and 750 Crit now, I try to maintain the 200 point difference between the two even though there is very little means left for me to do so.

Once most Melee Rogues classes start to reach around 500 - 600 Ap, if your Crit is low, you need to start working on it, some of our Rogues aim for 700 AP and 900 crit, you cant reach this on just any old spec, only a select few specs will give you this outcome. This is obviously a Sab build.

The reason I use 750 crit is because Sins get alot of passive openers that increase Crit chance and raw damage output naturally, also, because I have 5% crit poison, so in essence, I am running around 850 - 900 crit anyways. This allows me to maintain 1300+ dps raid buffed single target and keep up with the flavour of the month classes np. I need to stop being lazy and start buying Whetstones, Flasks and AP muffins and see what my DPS is after that fully raid buffed.

What I am interested in if there is a known soft/hard cap found as yet.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kaxmax View Post
    Would someone mind sharing macros for the 44 ranged sabo build? Sabo is only rogue soul I haven't even played with yet, but based on some of the info here, I think I will give it a whirl.
    The only macro thats even worth it on Sab is one for Incriminate.

#show Incriminate
    suppressmacrofailure
    cast @focus Incriminate

Additionally, you can make two macros that simply set and clear your focus.

/focus

/clearfocus

If you set the focus to the tank you just have to hit your Incrim macro then detonate and you never have to switch targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Quote Originally Posted by Noburu View Post
    The only macro thats even worth it on Sab is one for Incriminate.

#show Incriminate
    suppressmacrofailure
    cast @focus Incriminate

Additionally, you can make two macros that simply set and clear your focus.

/focus

/clearfocus

If you set the focus to the tank you just have to hit your Incrim macro then detonate and you never have to switch targets.
    other than that, having charge macros with startattack attached to them will up your dps, of course you dont want to use said macro at start of fight or you will pull mob with your bow
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Chaser

other than that, having charge macros with startattack attached to them will up your dps, of course you dont want to use said macro at start of fight or you will pull mob with your bow
    LOL this is true. Dont be taht guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Plane Touched

What's the word on 32sin/dancer/nb builds? Assassin seems to scale really well with AP (seeing gigantic increases from popping the codex trinket), but Fiery Spike is an important part of its dps, too.

I'm a middle of the road guy, anyway; basic math shows that the effectiveness of one point of crit increases with your AP, and the effectiveness of one point of AP is proportional to your crit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4