+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blackthorn's PVE (800+ Boss Dummy) DPS Breakdown (1200+ Single Target in Raids)

Default Blackthorn's PVE (800+ Boss Dummy) DPS Breakdown (1200+ Single Target in Raids)

Build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...hs0o0b.Vhxzh0M

Buff's To Keep On:
    Combat Preparation
    Lethal Poison
    Hellfire Blades
    Fiery Spike (x3)

Finisher's To Rotate:
    Deadly Strike
    Dauntless Strike (Once Per Minute)

Interrupt:
    Weapon Barrage

AOE Damage:
    Blade Tempo + Weapon Flare

Gap Closer:
    Flash of Steel

DPS Macro #1:
    #show keen strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast dark malady (optional / requires stealth)
    cast flash of steel (optional)
    cast reprisal
    cast blade tempo
    cast backstab
    cast keen strike
    cast fiery spike

DPS Macro #2:
    #show precision strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast precision strike
    cast puncture
    cast dusk strike

Macro Rotation:
    Dark Malady or Flash of Steel
    Macro #1
    Macro #1
    Fiery Spike
    Dauntless Strike (Finisher)

Macro #2
    Macro #2
    Fiery Spike
    Deadly Strike (Finisher)

Macro #1
    Macro #2
    Macro #1
    Fiery Spike
    Deadly Strike (Finisher)

Macro #2
    Macro #2
    Fiery Spike
    Deadly Strike (Finisher)

Macro #1
    Macro #2
    Macro #1
    Fiery Spike
    Deadly Strike (Finisher)

*REPEAT*
    Last edited by Artemis; 05-20-2011 at 04:40 AM.
    System Specifications: Alienware Aurora Desktop
    Processor: Intel i7 920 Quad Core 2.67GHZ OC @ 3.21GHZ 8MB cache
    Graphic Card: eVGA GeForce GTX570 Superclocked
    Memory: 6GB Tripple Channel DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333Mhz
    Mouse: Razer Naga - Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

Soulwalker

In a raid set up would you bother even with dautless never see the buff sticking for some reason.

blade tempo does not increase weapon flare dmg.

if raiding you wont be using combat prep or dauntless strike
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

Default Hoko

curious what kind of range spec or a melee-ranged spec for those real high movement fights would ya recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Naroku View Post
    In a raid set up would you bother even with dautless never see the buff sticking for some reason.
    It doesn't stack with the 5% crit Bard motif, so it is not worth using.

OP- your rotations are poor. You should be using Fiery Spike earlier in each rotation so that it keeps the +105% damage boost.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Naroku View Post
    curious what kind of range spec or a melee-ranged spec for those real high movement fights would ya recommend?
    i play sabo or ranger 99% of time depending on the encounter and if i need to incriminate or interrupt. ranger is just fine even without the pedestal for most stuff but if there is tons of movement or adds at all then sabo will always win, just some fights pets are amazing as well so i basically just switch between cookie cutter sabo and sozu's ranger build. i only melee for like 1-2 fights or just plutonus as other fights just dont need it, or are not dps checks.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I've been playing around with a couple of similar SIN/BD setups myself, with one in particular that's very close to this. Probably the main difference is that I went with Double Cross (for Puncture) instead of Fire and Death Attunement and picked up Ebon Fury, to facility energy regain after using Weapon Barrage as a DPS boost.

I've gotten around the same DPS for another SIN/BD that skews more heavily towards assassin and picks up Slip Away. I think there are some raid situations where it might be handy to have this, since you can open very aggressively and use it as an threat reset to keep from stealing aggro from the tank. The ability to restealth and launch Deadly Strike-enhanced openers is also a good burst.

That being said, I do have a couple of questions. Are you sure you about 3 points in Combat Culmination instead of 1? 1 point will give you the full energy refund, and you could move 1 point to Counterbalance (mainly for Side Steps availability) and free up another entirely. And for raid environs, wouldn't the Strike Back/Reprisal points be better spent in Quick Reflexes? I'd personally favor a slight increase in dodging an errant one-shot cleave than having Reprisal.
    Last edited by bitnine; 05-20-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Shadowlander

I don't see how Strike Back and Reprisal is going to help much on DPS. Maybe put them into Combat Expertise? (Not that Hit is sorely needed, just a personal opinion.)

Maybe take 1 point out from Combat Culmination or Ambidextrous to get Ebon Fury? Fifteen seconds of nonstop Dusk Strike with Deadly Strike produces a decent burst in my opinion. Plus it can serve as a filler when Blade Tempo is down.

And I understand the logic of grouping your 2-combo points attack together, but wouldn't putting Precision Strike with Keen Blade make more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by nknknnk View Post
    And I understand the logic of grouping your 2-combo points attack together, but wouldn't putting Precision Strike with Keen Blade make more sense?
    Negatory. You want control over the split, so that you can Keen without using a charge of Deadly Dance, but Precision afterwards to boost it's higher damage. E.G.: Whatever -> Dusk Strike -> Keen Strike -> Deadly Dance -> Fiery Spike -> Puncture -> Precision Strike. If these are on the same macro, you loose control of the Keen followup and the rotation suffers.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Negatory. You want control over the split, so that you can Keen without using a charge of Deadly Dance, but Precision afterwards to boost it's higher damage. E.G.: Whatever -> Dusk Strike -> Keen Strike -> Deadly Dance -> Fiery Spike -> Puncture -> Precision Strike. If these are on the same macro, you loose control of the Keen followup and the rotation suffers.
    Thank you for the pointers. I've always just throw Dusk Strike and Back Stab on top. Fairly new at this.

Soulwalker

What a crap spec/rot... there are more usefulls specs out there than this ****

+ Reply to Thread