+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Weapon Enchant: +10dex vs +19Crit

Shadowlander

Default Rogue Weapon Enchant: +10dex vs +19Crit

Using the belief that 1AP=1.88 Crit,

the Epic enchant (+19Crit) is still not as good as +10Dex. (+19.4 Crit would be needed to EQUAL +10Dex).

Is my math correct?

PS....Any do testing of Baneful Rune and how it compares?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    Using the belief that 1AP=1.88 Crit,

the Epic enchant (+19Crit) is still not as good as +10Dex. (+19.4 Crit would be needed to EQUAL +10Dex).

Is my math correct?

PS....Any do testing of Baneful Rune and how it compares?
    1 Dex = .5 AP = 1 crit.

10 dex enchant = 10 crit, 5 AP, 10 dodge.

I don't know where the 1 AP = 1.88 crit comes from, but if true then your math is correct, 19.4.

For me it's a no brainer to use the +10 dex, as I have +30% dex from BD and Sab, which makes them turn from +10 dex into +13 dex after the bonus. Which means I get: 13 crit, 6.5 AP, 13 dodge each. I have 3 of them(1 for each weapon) so I'm getting an extra 9 dex from all of them, or 39 dex total. So for me, it's not even close.

It's hard to test baneful because it seems to proc more in practice than on the dummy. On the dummy, it was a max of 14 DPS added - IF it was going full time all the time. But the thing procs on any weapon you use, if you have on dagger, bow still procs it etc. And sometimes with AoE it can proc like crazy and be a little DPS boost. I got it first on my server when I hit 50, but I haven't gotten it again since.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 05-20-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Rift Disciple

TBH +9 AP trumps +10 dex when it comes to Overall gain. +27 AP is far greater than the +15 AP/+30 crit or even the +19 ap/ +39 Crit at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by whokilledken View Post
    TBH +9 AP trumps +10 dex when it comes to Overall gain. +27 AP is far greater than the +15 AP/+30 crit or even the +19 ap/ +39 Crit at the most.
    so go with baneful rune since it's 10ish dps.
    Last edited by Satsujinma; 05-21-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Plane Touched

Do you have some hard data to back that up? Goes against what is currently the general consensus.

Champion of Telara

No it's not.

3 X 10 dex = 15 AP/ 30 crit AND 30 dodge. So what you are basically saying is that 12 AP > 30 crit and 30 dodge.

Or in my spec, 3 X 13 dex = 39 Dex = 19.5 AP, 39 crit and 39 dodge. So you are basically saying that 7.5 AP > 39 crit and 39 dodge.

And you aren't even taking into account the talents.

On my spec, I am assassin, so I have an extra 20% crit damage. I'm also a BD, so everytime I dodge I get a 10 energy high damage ability, AND I get an extra combo point added to my next combo building ability(and I get a little dmg from strikeback + what it procs). Which of course all increases my DPS in addition to the other bonuses.

No way does 7.5 AP equal out to that.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    No it's not.

3 X 10 dex = 15 AP/ 30 crit AND 30 dodge. So what you are basically saying is that 12 AP > 30 crit and 30 dodge.

Or in my spec, 3 X 13 dex = 39 Dex = 19.5 AP, 39 crit and 39 dodge. So you are basically saying that 7.5 AP > 39 crit and 39 dodge.

And you aren't even taking into account the talents.

On my spec, I am assassin, so I have an extra 20% crit damage. I'm also a BD, so everytime I dodge I get a 10 energy high damage ability, AND I get an extra combo point added to my next combo building ability(and I get a little dmg from strikeback + what it procs). Which of course all increases my DPS in addition to the other bonuses.

No way does 7.5 AP equal out to that.
    Dodge is useless unless you're tanking.

I use +19 crit runes. I think everyone should, especially if they're taking 17 sin(as you should be).
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Dodge is useless unless you're tanking.

I use +19 crit runes. I think everyone should, especially if they're taking 17 sin(as you should be).
    PVE is lame.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Stop talking about dodge. Honestly.

Telaran

yea, because you could never dodge in pvp right?

so ecept all the arguing, wich one is the one to go for then?
    [lvl 50 rogue][icewatch][51sin/15inf/0ranger][defiant
    http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Narwhals/

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meccros View Post
    yea, because you could never dodge in pvp right?
    If you bothered to read the OP you would see he was talking about stat weights for DPS. Dodge is not a concern in this discussion, PvP or not. Then perl swooped in and started mentioning dodge all over the place to try to lend weight to his argument.

I happen to think that Dex is best, but dodging is not the reason.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    PVE is lame.
    Dodge is, largely, useless in PvP besides in PS where people throw out AE.

People still have plenty of hit, even in PvP gear(no one wears all PvP gear, and if they do they're stupid).

Edit: Also, as the person above said; This is a DPS issue. Dodge has no place.
    Last edited by Koe; 05-21-2011 at 06:34 AM.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    If you bothered to read the OP you would see he was talking about stat weights for DPS. Dodge is not a concern in this discussion, PvP or not. Then perl swooped in and started mentioning dodge all over the place to try to lend weight to his argument.

I happen to think that Dex is best, but dodging is not the reason.
    Actually, go back and reread and you will see i specifically mentioned not counting dodge in response to the OP in counting only DPS.

But, even if the topic starter specifically asks for just that, the topic itself is about what these things bring in total. And the person I replied to about dodge was saying what they bring overall and mentioned AP.

Furthermore, I fully expect that people who read the thread also have the common sense to not count dodge in their stats if they are simply looking for DPS, but it is still worth mentioning because dodge IS A DPS INCREASE in many situations for people spec'd in BD, not to mention it's mild defensive ability.

I am able to specifically kill healers in PvP because of the DPS increase dodge gives me. I'm hitting on your healer - please someone with physical damage try to hit me, because I will dodge and it is a huge DPS increase for me. 2 deadly strikes in 3 seconds? YES please.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Dodge is, largely, useless in PvP besides in PS where people throw out AE.

People still have plenty of hit, even in PvP gear(no one wears all PvP gear, and if they do they're stupid).

Edit: Also, as the person above said; This is a DPS issue. Dodge has no place.
    lol not even close.

2 days ago I was in port scion. I grabbed a stone, and started running out. A bunch of mobs were up that I stealth by going in, and was just going to let other people get on my way out to returning the stone.

About half way through the church, a rogue opened up on me. I had the rogue, and 4 other mobs hitting on me. I was down to 10% health.

I popped side steps, gives me over 70% dodge. Killed the rogue in less than 4 seconds and then killed all the mobs and returned the stone.

For me, if I dodge I get a free combo point added to my next combo building abiity. So puncture = 3 CP, Precision Strike = 3 CP, Keen Strike/Quick Strike = 2 CP. Plus, I open up a reactive that only costs 10 energy and hits hard(2 CP automatically for me, even though it's a 1 CP builder). So yeah, that's 5 combo points every 2 seconds.

If I'm beating on a cleric? Please open on me like that rogue did. Even without side steps I'll get enough dodges in that some much burst will come out of me your cleric won't even know what hit them. Side steps is mostly for damage reduction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast