+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Weapon Enchant: +10dex vs +19Crit

any suggestions on what runes to use on daggers for an rogue?
    both pvp daggers
    and ofc raiddaggers or maybe there are same runes for them?
    [lvl 50 rogue][icewatch][51sin/15inf/0ranger][defiant
    http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Narwhals/

hm, if i dodge, my dps gets up 10%, my AT gets boostet for 15%, i stun my opponent, strike back him, reprisal him ... get more compo points and whatever. i use this build for solo pve and pvp.

thats why i go for +10 dex.

some rogues should realy stop posting.
    Last edited by Yoma; 05-23-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Dodge is, largely, useless in PvP besides in PS where people throw out AE.

People still have plenty of hit, even in PvP gear(no one wears all PvP gear, and if they do they're stupid).

Edit: Also, as the person above said; This is a DPS issue. Dodge has no place.
    So wrong.

/10dodge
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Dodge is useless unless you're tanking.

I use +19 crit runes. I think everyone should, especially if they're taking 17 sin(as you should be).
    ^^ This is right here folks. Unless you're tanking you should be stacking crit because, currently, AP scales horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Meccros View Post
    yea, because you could never dodge in pvp right?
    You could if this game had real pvp...which it doesn't
    Last edited by Fluffycalico; 05-23-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    lol not even close.

2 days ago I was in port scion. I grabbed a stone, and started running out. A bunch of mobs were up that I stealth by going in, and was just going to let other people get on my way out to returning the stone.

About half way through the church, a rogue opened up on me. I had the rogue, and 4 other mobs hitting on me. I was down to 10% health.

I popped side steps, gives me over 70% dodge. Killed the rogue in less than 4 seconds and then killed all the mobs and returned the stone.

For me, if I dodge I get a free combo point added to my next combo building abiity. So puncture = 3 CP, Precision Strike = 3 CP, Keen Strike/Quick Strike = 2 CP. Plus, I open up a reactive that only costs 10 energy and hits hard(2 CP automatically for me, even though it's a 1 CP builder). So yeah, that's 5 combo points every 2 seconds.

If I'm beating on a cleric? Please open on me like that rogue did. Even without side steps I'll get enough dodges in that some much burst will come out of me your cleric won't even know what hit them. Side steps is mostly for damage reduction.
    It's easy to remember and recognize when it pays off. However, you aren't taking into account all of the times you would have been successful by not speccing for something that is productive circumstantially.

Curious. Where does Baneful sit with weapon enchants?
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Ilterendi View Post
    Curious. Where does Baneful sit with weapon enchants?
    Use on mainhand, but only if your dedicated to melee. It cannot proc from ranged attacks from what I understand.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeranth View Post
    It's easy to remember and recognize when it pays off. However, you aren't taking into account all of the times you would have been successful by not speccing for something that is productive circumstantially.
    In 1.1 this was a big problem for the BD. In 1.2, not so much. I don't really rely on that part, I just consider it a bonus.

When I am going to beat on a healer type, I pop blade tempo from stealth(macro'd onto my jagged strike, along with poison malice). So I get 30% more damage from blade tempo, and then I get 15% more damage from coming out of stealth, and then 10% damage from criting(basically start with it, since I open with a crit usually), and so on. And I have enough points in BD to add yet another 10% damage(and start with 120 damage).

When I'm in a game where the other side has good healing and such, I swap out my 32 assassin for another role that is 32 nightblade and use fellblades to heal debuff for the group. Pretty rare that I change to it, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I don't have any trouble with most mages and clerics, and I'm much more stout against other melee(except riftwhatever warriors give me a little trouble). The only other melee spec that can come close to mine is the 51 assassin/15 inf spec, but that requires decent gear. Who I can kill is pretty much the same in both specs, but the 51 assassin is a little quicker in it's kills, with alot less survivability/maneuverability. Still get those near impossible to kill healers, and no spec helps me there to be honest.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Use on mainhand, but only if your dedicated to melee. It cannot proc from ranged attacks from what I understand.
    Unless they changed it in 1.2 that is false.

Everything procs that thing and it doesn't matter what it's on. Even cadence using a ranged weapon will proc it off the main hand. Same with my ranger, proc'd on anything I did.

Did they "fix" it in 1.2? Because if so, then it's value has really diminished.

Soulwalker

Baneful can proc on anything. Melee, Strafe, Trick Shot, Cadence, Detonate, etc etc.

Baneful can be used on your main hand or your offhand. It will still work. I have also confirmed the general proc rate and uptime are identical regardless of which slot you use the rune in. Furthermore I have confirmed that using 2 baneful runes does NOT increase the proc rate, and you CAN'T have 2 baneful rune procs running at the same time.

Using 2 baneful runes at once is literally worthless. (I did parse this extensively, but it was quite some time ago and only for my own knowledge. The data is obvious within about 5 minutes if you want to confirm it yourself.)

TL;DR

IMHO, 1x Baneful Rune in main hand, 2x 19 crit runes in offhand/ranged for max PvE DPS boost.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    Using the belief that 1AP=1.88 Crit,

the Epic enchant (+19Crit) is still not as good as +10Dex. (+19.4 Crit would be needed to EQUAL +10Dex).

Is my math correct?

PS....Any do testing of Baneful Rune and how it compares?
    The bottom line is that there is not one best enchantment for every single rogue. It will depend on you, your spec and how and where you play it. The only way to know for sure is to get one set of each (dex, crit, ap) and try them out in the battle conditions that you participate in, PvE, PvP, solo, groups, raids, open world, instances, etc. In fact you may find out that one set is better for one of your specs in one type of fight and another set is better for another spec in a different type of fight. That is both the joy and the problem with Rift, there are tons of options and no one thing is best for every single player.

Quote Originally Posted by Emosetzer View Post
    Baneful can proc on anything. Melee, Strafe, Trick Shot, Cadence, Detonate, etc etc.

Baneful can be used on your main hand or your offhand. It will still work. I have also confirmed the general proc rate and uptime are identical regardless of which slot you use the rune in. Furthermore I have confirmed that using 2 baneful runes does NOT increase the proc rate, and you CAN'T have 2 baneful rune procs running at the same time.

Using 2 baneful runes at once is literally worthless. (I did parse this extensively, but it was quite some time ago and only for my own knowledge. The data is obvious within about 5 minutes if you want to confirm it yourself.)

TL;DR

IMHO, 1x Baneful Rune in main hand, 2x 19 crit runes in offhand/ranged for max PvE DPS boost.
    That is really good to know that Baneful Rune can proc from ranged attacks, I was under the impression that it didn't. Guess I am going to have to get my hands on a Baneful rune asap.

for sustained dps 10dex will beat 19crit. with 1.2 the 1ap =1.88crit is only true for full nightblade specs, havent seen any of those anymore so you can throw that # out the window and assume at least a 1ap = 2crit or higher ration favoring ap, but dex scales better due to buffs, 10dex is only 10dex if you have no dex talents and in a raid with the 15% to dex buff from a bard it will be 11.5 dex minimum. if this was not the case one could make the argument that 9AP would be better than 10dex with certain builds.

either way, baneful should be on one of your weapons as it procs on ranged and melee.

for pvp go for 19dex, you have no raid buffs and sustain dps means nothing, only burst dps counts and crit gives the most burst dps.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    for pvp go for 19dex, you have no raid buffs and sustain dps means nothing, only burst dps counts and crit gives the most burst dps.
    he means 19crit like a nab

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast