+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Bug] 2 x Saboteurs = mixed up charges

Default [Bug] 2 x Saboteurs = mixed up charges

I was in a 20 man raid rift group last night and I was finding that when I was alternating between applying Spike and Shrapnel charges on a mob, that sometimes detonating my 5 stack of Shrapnel charges would trigger one or two Spike charges that were being applied by the other rogue, hence overwriting my 5 stack Spike DOT and so lowering the damage.

Detonating my 5 stack of Spike charges didn't seem to trigger the other rogue's Shrapnel charges.

I can't remember if the other rogue was in my group or not.

Is this a known issue?
    Last edited by Firmfroggy; 05-20-2011 at 01:54 AM.

I could tell it was happening because the Spike DOT timer would refresh back up to 14 seconds and the Spike damage numbers floating above the mob's head were much less than usual.

Soulwalker

Sure it wasnt just because of missing buffs? Spotters Order, bard forgot to rebuff, etc?

Even if it was those things, the fact remains that Spike Charge shouldn't be refreshed from another Saboteur's charges.

No amount of buffs would account for a drop of Spike DOT damage from the 500 range down to the 200 range.

I tested it by timing my detonates - if I did it just after the other rogue detonated his charges it wouldn't overwrite. However, in a real raid environment I'm not going to be doing that.

If I waited for him to start re-applying, then it would overwrite.

<- Professional software tester
    Last edited by Firmfroggy; 05-20-2011 at 04:05 AM.

Welcome to Stormcaller. Good luck getting it fixed.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

makes sense, i noticed at start of fight if the tank takes forever to pull and there are 2 sabs, if 1 reapplies a spike charge, the other doesnt have to as his always get reapplied to the 1min duration.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I have never seen this happen since beta, when they fixed this. I've been Sab for raids 99% of the time since the game launched and have had at least one other sab in the raid for most nights.

Are you sure you weren't accidentally hitting your Spike button when doing 5x Shrapnel or vice versa?

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Been playing sab since beta 1 and in alpha.

Top (single target) parser in past few GS raids (not difficult as a sab I know, just to say I'm not completely incompetent)

I made an extra special effort to only hit the shrapnel button when I first noticed it.
    Last edited by Firmfroggy; 05-20-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firmfroggy View Post

Top (single target) parser in past few GS raids (not difficult as a sab I know, just to say I'm not completely incompetent)

I made an extra special effort to only hit the shrapnel button when I first noticed it.
    Huh, that definitely sounds like the bug is back then. I'll have to see if anyone saved our parses from last night since we had 3 sabs I think. I never saw my Spike timer reset on a Shrapnel Det, but maybe the others did.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Plane Touched

well the easy fix is singing. you only have to be is sink give or take a second
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Shadowlander

I tested it by timing my detonates - if I did it just after the other rogue detonated his charges it wouldn't overwrite. However, in a real raid environment I'm not going to be doing that.

If I waited for him to start re-applying, then it would overwrite.
    Was this happening 100% of the time, or intermittently?
    I run sab most of the time, and lately we've had 3 sabs in the raid. I don't think I've ever noticed it, but I can definitely keep an eye out this next week.

To be clear, this is what you're seeing:

stack spikes
    det
    stack shraps (meanwhile other rogue stacks 1 or more spikes)
    det <--MY spike stack refreshes at the lower dmg rate, seemingly matching the stack the OTHER rogue had up when my det hit

As much as I've never looked for this, I'm certain I would have noticed my spike dots refreshing. I'm always waiting 1-2 seconds for my spike dot to finish before detonating the next set. If that had been anything more than 1-2 seconds I would have looked into why.

I use the ranged sab build - 44 Sab / 20 Sin / 2 Rng. Are you using this build or something different?
    Does this only happen with single-target rotations? What about spikes set off with Anihilation bomb?

Does the other rogue outgear you and/or use whestones/vials that you're not using? (perhaps it only happens when your per-charge spike damage is less than the other rogue's?)

Just asking questions to find the differences. Perhaps we can narrow down when/how this happens. Being a professional tester, I'm sure you know the more information you can give them, the more likely they can 1) reproduce it and 2) fix it.

<-- Professional developer

Did the other sab use AB?
    Briarqueue

Banned

In a raid things get laggy.... you can throw in a single spike charge by accident and not even notice it. That explains everything.

Rift Disciple

I would like to sign this thread as something very similar was happening to me as well. I wasn't sure why my shrap charge x5 detonate would refresh my spike charge. It was very weird. But spike timer would def refresh to 15sec.

Might also be why my class mechanic window was showing 6-7-8-9 charges on the mob I was targetting. Must have been the other rogues charges.

Happened in a random LFG and we picked up another rogue that was sabo.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    In a raid things get laggy.... you can throw in a single spike charge by accident and not even notice it. That explains everything.
    while possible this didnt happen, so stop

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast