+ Reply to Thread

Thread: INF soul below par?

Default INF soul below par?

Is the INF soul less prefered(As your secondary soul)? Lately, I seen lots of NB, BD, ***** soul applied in builds...

Your opinion.
    Inclusive growth for customer and organisation

Rift Chaser

given that the mage PVP soul gives you 3/6/9/12/15% passive damage increase with first 5 points spent, which is what my 50 is, to me infiltrator seems subpar at least at lower levels/ranks.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
    given that the mage PVP soul gives you 3/6/9/12/15% passive damage increase with first 5 points spent, which is what my 50 is, to me infiltrator seems subpar at least at lower levels/ranks.
    At the upper levels, at least half of the abilities are bugged. Inf is EXTREMELY sub-par.

I was using 51 sin/ 15 bd/0 inf after the patch came out. And its solid. Great burst and decent survivablity. But now that I'm r4, I use 51 sin/15 inf/0 ranger. Better overall. The inf soul has some awesome stuff in it. I really think the best skill it has is the rank 4 stacking damage buff. It lets you do pretty insane damage. I believe its called Focused Intent.
    Zarian
    <Ashtone-PvP>
    50 Rogue
    29 Warrior
    19 Cleric

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zarian View Post
    I was using 51 sin/ 15 bd/0 inf after the patch came out. And its solid. Great burst and decent survivablity. But now that I'm r4, I use 51 sin/15 inf/0 ranger. Better overall. The inf soul has some awesome stuff in it. I really think the best skill it has is the rank 4 stacking damage buff. It lets you do pretty insane damage. I believe its called Focused Intent.
    That damage doesn't add up to near as much as BD using DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    That damage doesn't add up to near as much as BD using DD.
    Well I like to use 51 sin and 51 sin/15 bd doesnt do as much for me. Might be because of equipment but I demolish people with 15 inf.
    Zarian
    <Ashtone-PvP>
    50 Rogue
    29 Warrior
    19 Cleric

Rift Disciple

PTI and Cleanse Soul. Although there is no reason to go above the 4th ranked skills on the offensive side that I can see.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zarian View Post
    Well I like to use 51 sin and 51 sin/15 bd doesnt do as much for me. Might be because of equipment but I demolish people with 15 inf.
    I wouldn't expect it to be an equipment thing...+105% 3/5ths of the time is going to outdamage +26% all of the time...and since that 26% takes time to build, you won't even have that all of the time. With 15 Inf, my Serpent normally only hit for 1.1-1.2k and my Backstab only hit for like 700 on crits. With Deadly Dance, my Serpent hits for 1.8-2.2k and Backstab hits for like 1k. Admittedly Deadly Strike hits for less than Final Blow by a bit, but that is more than made up for.

Your build definitely has some advantages as far as Inf abilities that I recognize, but I see no way it could be comparable in damage with any equipment. To each his own though, glad you are having success

+ Reply to Thread