+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 51sin/15infiltrator/0 ranger guide(Updated 1.2)(PVP oriented)

dmv

Default 51sin/15infiltrator/0 ranger guide(Updated 1.2)(PVP oriented)

Well seeing as I can't update my previous posts 5 minutes after posting, I'll just make a new one.

I'd love to say this is still the rogue burst cannon, but it's not. It is however a stable build, that has very high burst damage that doesn't rely on deadly dance. To be perfectly honest, it's now more a jack-of-all-trades ever since 1.2.

Also, In no way am I bashing the 15 blade dancer alternative, this is just a different spec.

Let me start off by explaining why I use 0 ranger.
    Yes, zero marksman does give you a run speed buff, and if you want to sub it in, I don't think it'll make too much of a difference. However, zero ranger unlocks head shot which gives you enough range damage to keep a mage on defense while they're kiting you.

Now, why 15 infiltrator? why not just get 15 blade dancer for the amazing damage from deadly dance?
    Simple, an assassin is wasting skill points talenting final blow if they're going to be using deadly strike. Also, you're either giving up 0 ranger, or break free. By going deep(ish) into infiltrator, you're unlocking cleanse soul, and anthema(yeah, garbage but it has it's uses). So either you lose the ability to break/immune CC or you're vulnerable to kiting.

Alright, now onto the spec itself. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...tsfqddR.xx0M0c (incase you didn't alreay know it.)

When playing this spec, you have to understand that if you're not careful you're going to die. A lot. I have a tendency to roam around codex on my mount, and if I'm jumped without a cd up I'll probably be dead. That being said, you have survival cds, slip away and cleanse soul, which gives you a decent bit of defense against ranged damage. This of course doesn't include marksmen, if I may make a suggestion quick shot until you're in moderate range, until you're at 5 combo points, then blind them. If you use blind too quickly(when they are too far away), they'll hit an escape and you won't get your finisher on them.

Anyways, for openers it's pretty simple.
    DO. NOT. OPEN. WITH. PARALYZING. STRIKE.
    Seriously, this can't be stressed enough, with the diminishing returns there is NO reason to use this skill as an opener.

If your target is in plate, or if it can heal, jagged-puncture-impale. I realize this isn't optimal burst damage on a cleric, but you want to stack as many bleeds as you can, to cancel out whatever dots they might have on themselves. Afterward, foul play, SS, backstab-filler final blow. That should kill any tank cleric that doesn't have another cleric directly healing them.

When do you use assassinate?
    Assassinate, thanks to 1.2, now has it's uses. It's uses being non-mobile mages, and other melee rogues. Granted, you can use it to be a **** to KS, but it is decent burst on leather-cloth wearers. The problem is, if you use it on marksman they'll probably sprint off, so you're better off using jagged on mobile classes.
    Remember, there are no rotations in pvp, it's completely situational and if you over macro your skills, you may end up limiting your ability to adapt to a situation.
    That being said, here are some macros I use. They aren't the end all be all of macros, and by all means if you believe you have a superior macro, post it.

#show puncture
    Cast Puncture
    Cast Backstab
    Cast Savage Strike
    Cast Quick shot

#show Final Blow
    Cast Final Blow
    Cast head shot

#show Poison Malice
    cast Baneful Touch
    Cast Poison Malice

Good luck, and good hunting.

P.S. I'll update this thread with some videos later, but unfortunately I've been a little busy as of late.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

I disagree with a lot of your "guide". You will never beat a cleric wo paralyzing strike. Why go ranger as a o pointer? Riftstalker is way more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    I disagree with a lot of your "guide". You will never beat a cleric wo paralyzing strike. Why go ranger as a o pointer? Riftstalker is way more useful.
    Lol a 45 second c/d 15 meter planar shift is way more useful than a Quick Shot that will crit for 400+ and a Head Shot that will crit for 1k. Not really sure how you gather that but each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    P.S. I'll update this thread with some videos later, but unfortunately I've been a little busy as of late.
    lol didnt had the time to cut and paste your movie, thats what u mean?
    with the build in movie maker in rift u just record your gameplay and upload it straight away to youtube or something

if u wanne make a guide...then make a movie where it shows u starting a WF so we can see the actuall game play instead of only epic kills wich a guide issent about, its about how to play not how to be epic while your not!
    that said, im glad to see some footage of u with this build.

dmv

So you can't be kited, a poorly controlled 15 meter dash on a 45 second cd does not compare with the finisher and cp builder you get with ranger

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Lanaik View Post
    lol didnt had the time to cut and paste your movie, thats what u mean?
    with the build in movie maker in rift u just record your gameplay and upload it straight away to youtube or something

if u wanne make a guide...then make a movie where it shows u starting a WF so we can see the actuall game play instead of only epic kills wich a guide issent about, its about how to play not how to be epic while your not!
    that said, im glad to see some footage of u with this build.
    1. I meant post 1.2 you *******.
    2. By request I did post an unedited black garden.
    3. My original video illustrated how to be useful as an assassin in port scion.

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    So you can't be kited, a poorly controlled 15 meter dash on a 45 second cd does not compare with the finisher and cp builder you get with ranger
    Poorly controlled? That dash can save your life, Its more for stealth closing and escaping. Try it out, you will find you live ALOT more. And if you are getting kited and have to "range" as a sin you just suck.

Rift Disciple

I tried a 51sin/15inf build, but I really feel slow. Not in the killing part (which is really good on squishies), but in the moving part.

I was playing a sin/rift/ranger before, so ultra mobile but with less burst (well not really less burst, but serpent strike is something I really miss when playing something else than 51sin). I am always on my target with tons of Teleports + buffs with those TP.

With the 51sin, I think it really shines in a premade, when someone can control the target for you, and when you can assist someone in your team to kill opponents. If they are immobile against a 51sin, they are toasted.

The sin/rift/ranger is more of a "lonely wolf" style of play, capping flags where your team is not, and dropping people left behind there team.

Oh and btw, how do you use serpent strike ? When you say 'SS' in your rotation you're talking about serpent or savage strike ?

Rift Disciple

Poorly controlled? That dash can save your life, Its more for stealth closing and escaping. Try it out, you will find you live ALOT more. And if you are getting kited and have to "range" as a sin you just suck.
    Then I suck big time in WF with all those "immune" I see, I just can't keep a target stuned/snared to unleash my full damage rotation

Apples and oranges. I think his point was to be as offensive as possible and pressuring, whereas yours is to keep from dying. Pretty different things.

Why dont you use paralyzing strike?
    Most fights I have fought 1 sec to do foul play is not enough.
    The target will just jump away and if you try to stun when in jump, it will cause the "los" bug.
    Also, how do you deal with mounted people?
    I have found it impossible to take them down without paralyzing strike.
    Last edited by joker225; 05-19-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblabe View Post
    Then I suck big time in WF with all those "immune" I see, I just can't keep a target stuned/snared to unleash my full damage rotation
    If you are ccing in WFs still thats pretty fail. Look to see if you have healing, if you do and he isnt a bad healer, you will rack up kills, never die, and be safe out of stealth. Dont be afraid to melee a lil. I mean your wasting all that sin ability by hitting two ranged buttons that really wont help your team out.

If you are ccing in WFs still thats pretty fail. Look to see if you have healing, if you do and he isnt a bad healer, you will rack up kills, never die, and be safe out of stealth. Dont be afraid to melee a lil. I mean your wasting all that sin ability by hitting two ranged buttons that really wont help your team out.
    No one ever said anything about kiting your enemy with your ranged ability, its actually the opposite. When getting kited you have OPTIONS at your means to defeat / stress your target. Mages/Clerics have a whole arsenal of CC abilities at their disposal that can absolutely destroy and pure sin without any gap closers.

Tell me what you'd do if your fighting a MM who hits his On the Double? Hahaha you really think a 15 meter teleport is your answer? I can tell you it definitely is not, and you'll be the one dieing every time. Though with ranger in your build, after you have opened on an MM and he starts kiting you, you can still easily win the fight with the range abilities you have at your disposal.

edit: I CC like mad in WF's so I don't know where your going lol... Sap, Poison Gas and Blinding Powder have gotten me out alive after many 3v1's.
    Last edited by Genesis; 05-19-2011 at 11:25 PM.

I use the exact same build for a good while now and it really kicks *** i love it

But paralyzing strike has its uses unlike fool play who gets so often dodged/parried/

With apropriate weapons this build tears through anything.
    Cloak, Rogue prestige 6
    Aunshi, Mage prestige 6
    <Burst> Guild Master

Bloodiron-EU

ranger has a range combo generater and a range finisher.

ive been using this spec for so long now im glad pple are starting to use this. good burst good range just good overall.

sometimes u can open with paralyzing depends on ur targets HP but most the time which is about 90% jagged is best to use.

didnt read the whole first post just looked at the spec and decided to post something in here. ne who enjoy !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast