+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a straight forward rogue melee leveling spec plz

Soulwalker

Default Need a straight forward rogue melee leveling spec plz

i would like to know a straight forward melee rogue spec for leveling. i dont want marksman or ranger in it. i dont care to much for aoe leveling. just want to level questing and enjoy the story. any suggestions?

Soulwalker

1-30 I recommend:
    29 Marks / 8 Bard / 3 Ranger
    * points are really up to you but the 8 in bard and 3 in ranger are required so that cadence has a heal effect and so that you get the pet heal. This guild has little to no downtime as long as you pay attention to your pet. It is very easy to deal with multiple mobs assuming you heal your pet as well. It is also an extremely easy build to play.

*At 30, ranger becomes useless for leveling unless you put enough points in to it for the Greater razorbeast. Ranger does make a good leveling spec, however I personally find that any spec that can give you stealth is far more valuable than having a pet to tank for you.....so...........

30-50 I went with:
    34 Sin / 32 RS / 0 Sab
    I personally choose to level with a pvp spec because I am on a pvp server. Pvp specs are often good for leveling as well cause they often focus on utility and survivability. I really like this spec mostly because of how quickly I can take stuff down which I get from the assassin soul along with the invaluable slip away, combined with the mobility and utility of riftstalker teleports. The teleports give you a lot of bonuses for several seconds after you use them and they are great for mobility when you are roaming around in stealth. Saboteur is nice even with 0 points in it as it gives you a ranged finisher and an aoe snare for if things get hairy and you need to run away.

Looking back I have to say that above all play something with stealth it is unbelievably useful seeing as how using your incapacitate abilities you can turn a multi mob fight in to a 1v1, you can incapacitate mobs next to objectives and never have to fight them, you can stealth all the way to the back of a cave to loot something and then stealth all the way out. The list of benefits goes on and on but the main point is that the amount of time that stealth saves you when leveling is invaluable.

Soulwalker

One more thing...
    for the 34 Sin/32 RS/0 Sab build ... your main goal is to pick up slip away from assassin. Most of the talents in assassin are fairly obvious, just don't get double cross, everything else is either obvious or your choice.

In riftstalker pick up everything in the tree "EXCEPT" Toughened soul, phantom blow, boosted recovery, rift guard, and imp. guardian phase and guarded steel. Everything else in riftstalker is worth getting with one exception: you will not have enough points to get 2/2 death from the shadows and planar refuge. IMO you should go with Planar refuge and 1/2 death from the shadows. the damage of shadow assault is crappy even with 2/2 and you are mostly just using it for the crit buff it and mobility anyway. The reason I say that the choice for that last point is between those two is that I feel freedom of movement and rift prison are must haves for both world pvp and escaping. Lastly, Planar switch is completely useless for both leveling and world pvp just don't get it.

Existenz@Lotham
    <Excess>

Shadowlander

I went for a sin/riftstalker build like already mentioned. You get alot of tools at your disposal that will help in leveling like:

Permastealth for traveling through packs of mobs
    Rift Scavenger for healing after every mob
    Sap for splitting mobs or grabbing quest mobs without killing thier body gaurds
    Normal movement speed while stealthed for traveling through areas you dont need
    Heal proc poison which helps keep you topped off

I found it to be a solid leveling/questing spec. It will not put out the dps of some of the other specs but, since you are only killing what you need and healing to full every fight, you can pound through quests super fast.

Shield of Telara

Just take Bladedancer x / Riftstalker 13 / xxxx. You pretty much will be able to run along and kill stuff quickly and as long as you let each item die with 5 combo points on it you can move on to the next creature. You can exchange bladedancer with nightblade or assassin freely.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Plane Touched

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dVhsRRrdz.xhbh

rush
    rift scavenger>strike back>combat culmination> flash of steel> imp false blade
    '
    then just fill out what you want

keep up all the buff finisher and macro

disengage
    reprisal
    puncture
    precision
    quick
    keen

screw stealth falcon punch and aoe
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

I did a lot of experimenting as I levelled my toon. I agree that ranger can't be beat up until you can get slip away, imp stealth, and silent footsteps in assassin. You also need the 13 in riftstalker for the combo point heal. I then dumped up to 15 points in nightstalker omw to 50. the 13 in riftstalker is mandatory for melee solo questing. when you kill a mob you go right back to full health if you left some combo points on them. The reason to spend points in NB is for it's incapacitate from stealth move. With assasin you get an incapacitate as well. What that means is you can stealth, go to a group of 3, incapacitate 2 of them and take them out easily one at a time. Assasin has great single target dps so it's just as quick as an aoe build aoe'ing them down all at the same time. If you get into trouble "slip away" is a get out of jail free card.

Also imp stealth really allows you to easily bypass repititious killing mob content and get right to areas you need to collect this item or interact with that item.

I really recommend this for high level questing.

Does attaching charges with Silent Setup break stealth? If not, I was thinking on something along the lines of this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Rfxsbodbo.VcMc

You dont have the heal from riftstalker, but if you can attch charges from stealth, you can open with a really big opener (jagged/assasin strike + 5charges detonate). With the healing greater essence + healing poison (and Slpi Away for trouble) you shoudnt need RS heal.

Of course, everything depends on the Silent Setup question

3rd soul could be RS for added mobility, BD...whatever

Would love to test it but im at work right now. My rogue is level 32, thats why I didnt spend any more points. But sounds like fun if its viable

Have been following the below spec. done by Vox. You have to change the BD points due to 1.2 as they moved the hit up,but apart from that its the same and it's fun and easy and 0 downtime.

http://thesurgicalassassin.blogspot....-assassin.html

Hope you like it

DE

+ Reply to Thread