+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For the 44 Sab / 20 Sin / 2 pts left, why spend them in 3rd soul?

RIFT Guide Writer

Default For the 44 Sab / 20 Sin / 2 pts left, why spend them in 3rd soul?

2 pts in ranger or NB seems limited when you could leave the last soul at 0 and use RS or Ranger or Inf as the case needs?

Does 2 pts in ranger or NB make that much of a difference between 0 pts when given the versatility?

You could put the extra 2 into sin for Improved stealth or a little longer ranged bombing...

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
    2 pts in ranger or NB seems limited when you could leave the last soul at 0 and use RS or Ranger or Inf as the case needs?

Does 2 pts in ranger or NB make that much of a difference between 0 pts when given the versatility?

You could put the extra 2 into sin for Improved stealth or a little longer ranged bombing...
    Because most people don't know if you don't spend any points into a soul you can change it any time you want..

considering that 44 sab/20 sin is a pve dps spec,

i'd say 2% crit or 6% combo generator damage + fiery spike > shadow shift/break free/62 AP buff/everything else

Eh, 2% crit from rng is nice
    "You're not alone. We are each other's accomplice. If you are a Witch, then perhaps I should be a Demon."
    < > - Hansenightly lv50 Warrior: Dayblind (Original) -Guardian
    Aurgaritrix lv35 Rogue: Deepstrike - Defiant (Quit after 1st Sab nerf)

2 points MM.

The 30% increased mobility finisher when you need it is too much to pass up in my opinion.

def mm or ranger, they make charges use your bow/gun to do the dmg instead of your daggers which will give you a substantial dps boost. this is the case even while in melee range on large bosses (all dragons) as the melee and ranged range is the same so the game always says you are at range and uses your bow for your charge dmg.

as nice as a 0 point ability is, none of them are worth using 99.9% of the time. the 50% dodge can be useful againts some melee classes... not many, and the break free has little to no use now that you become cc immune near instantly in warfronts.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Sez

PvP or PvE? That makes a huge difference.

For PvE, its NB, RS, or Ranger for sure (as you don't need imp stealth, or any sort of "get away")

For PvP, it doesn't really matter, because its one big clusterfk at the moment.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    def mm or ranger, they make charges use your bow/gun to do the dmg instead of your daggers which will give you a substantial dps boost. this is the case even while in melee range on large bosses (all dragons) as the melee and ranged range is the same so the game always says you are at range and uses your bow for your charge dmg.

as nice as a 0 point ability is, none of them are worth using 99.9% of the time. the 50% dodge can be useful againts some melee classes... not many, and the break free has little to no use now that you become cc immune near instantly in warfronts.
    ^^^^ It's the reason I do it. Still I guess you could go 22 Sin and 0 in ranger but I like my 2% crit atm.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Rift Chaser

In PvE, go ranger. You get the crit and the ranged auto attacks. Make a macro to have your auto attacks start with your charges and you will see a dps increase. If you do not have a ranged soul, you will not auto attack with your gun/bow. Crit is better than the MM crap you get. You will be using detonate, so don't bother with MM.

RIFT Guide Writer

But wouldnt you still auto attack wiht 0 in the soul and still leav eyourself room to swap souls?

Soulwalker

Default Wouldn't you still auto attack with 0 in the soul?

But wouldnt you still auto attack wiht 0 in the soul and still leav eyourself room to swap souls?
    Great question Archaegeo. I'd like to know the answer too.

KL

as i know it, just equipping the mm or rng souls give u bow mastery to autoattack with
    dont need to put 2 in it. though most go for the crit where 2% can addup?

Rift Disciple

Yes you would still auto attack with zero point in Ranger or Marksman. I tested this extensively both before and after 1.2. If you want the option to switch souls then by all means don't put any pts into Ranger. If you want the extra 2% crit then put them in.

Koe

Why do you need to swap souls in PvP?
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

RIFT Guide Writer

If youi needed to swap to 0 pt inf for instance cause you wanted break free, or side steps from BD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast