+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bladedancers, the new Paragons

Default Bladedancers, the new Paragons

Deadly Dance meet Strike Like Iron
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Except that people actually use more of the Bladedancer Tree than the Paragon Tree, and do competitive damage with it ^_~

Quote Originally Posted by Toogeloo View Post
    and do competitive damage with it ^_~
    nuff said, paragon either needs a huge buff, a rework, or a rework to dual handers
    "You're not alone. We are each other's accomplice. If you are a Witch, then perhaps I should be a Demon."
    < > - Hansenightly lv50 Warrior: Dayblind (Original) -Guardian
    Aurgaritrix lv35 Rogue: Deepstrike - Defiant (Quit after 1st Sab nerf)

I hear Deadly Grace brings Paragon's dps up to where it needs to be. No confirmation or testing, just "I hear".

Hopefully Dance won't become SLI. Moreover, I hope SLI will either be changed so it isn't useful to other trees -or- is moved to be too deep for others to realistically get. Single abilities that become universal linchpins are a thorn in balance and the faster they're changed/moved/removed the better.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    Single abilities that become universal linchpins are a thorn in balance and the faster they're changed/moved/removed the better.
    Heavily Agree
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

I could be off base here, as my rogue is only 39, but it seems that other than Side Steps, Weapon Barrage, Deadly Strike, Deadly Dance, Precision Strike, Reprisal, Sprint, Combat Preparation, Blade Tempo, and Flash of Steel there isn't much useful in the Bladedancer soul, well the first 21 points anyhow.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

There's lots of fun toys in BD. The point of the thread is that Deadly Dance may end up like Strike Like Iron. It's an easily accessible way to give a very large damage increase to the attacks of all specs. Not using it is intentionally cutting your dps.

SLI is the balls. I'm loving it on my war, regardless of dps spec. DD seems to be about as fun, just a little more clunky as it is count based instead of time based. Also, it seems bugged with Sab as it boosts charge damage but doesn't consume a counter.
    Last edited by exLupo; 05-19-2011 at 09:28 AM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Rift Disciple

I'm not level 50 on my Paragon yet, but in groups I seem to do more damage than any other class at level 34. Even mages, either this changes as 50 or I am really good at paragon OR other people aren't very good at this game.
    <Ethereal Order> - Guardian Guild - Corthana Shard.
    http://www.etherealorder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dwadili View Post
    people aren't very good at this game.
    That's a general fact about most players of most games. The majority don't come to the forums or research optimal playstyles. They instead go by gut feel, what they think is best or whatever's just cool to them at the time. This usually changes at top end but the output of leveling players varies wildly.

By just being in this thread, I assume you've got the presence of mind to streamline your rotation and keep an eye on your abilities. Most people don't care that much and their performance sags accordingly.

Deadly Dance is nothing without Deadly Strike. That means 31 points minimum to make it worth it's wild. And because Double Coup is 32 points that makes 32 points into BD.
    So with 32 points removed, where are your other points being spent and why?
    Mine go to Assassin and Night Blade creating 700-800 dps with T1 gear and weapons in GS and RoS fights.
    But I have hit a 2200 crit with something . lol no idea what it was because it was in the middle of a fight and forgot when we wiped lol.

Deadly Dance is now a great skill booster. Problem is in my build I do not use Deadly Strike lol. Yet I have 32 points into BD for my BD/A/NB build and put out 700-800 dps in T1 /blue 50 gear in GS and RoS after raid buffs.

If some one can post a build that uses Deadly Strike as their main finisher PLMK. Because Keen Strike is just too good to forefit as a builder with Quick Strike in Assassin and Final Blow is a higher dps finisher then DS.
    Unless some one can parse some numbers versas each build.

Deadly Strike with Deadly Dance makes your followups to keen strike hit like finishers, and if you happen to restealth and open on someone with Assassinate while having a deadly dance buff you might just clear 3k.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Prophet of Telara

Abilities like this are exactly why we end up with cookie-cutter builds. There is no longer any reason to make a melee Rogue WITHOUT this ability. On the other hand, MM and Ranger can both stand on their own as Ranged builds pretty well. NB and BD can stand on their own well as Melee builds. Assassin *alone* is pretty lacking and pretty much HAS to have things from the other trees to function well. Long and short...Assassin *burst* comes from Deadly Dance, not Assassin. I like mix/match as well as pure builds, but as far as pure builds go some of them are just not up to par (probably across all callings). I won't speak to Sab...haven't played it and am not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    I hear Deadly Grace brings Paragon's dps up to where it needs to be. No confirmation or testing, just "I hear".

Hopefully Dance won't become SLI. Moreover, I hope SLI will either be changed so it isn't useful to other trees -or- is moved to be too deep for others to realistically get. Single abilities that become universal linchpins are a thorn in balance and the faster they're changed/moved/removed the better.
    Yeah, then every single warrior damage build would lose about 25% of its damage except crappy deep paragon specs. No thanks. I'll take some buffs before they ruin the sole means of getting good damage as a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdomite View Post
    Yeah, then every single warrior damage build would lose about 25% of its damage except crappy deep paragon specs. No thanks. I'll take some buffs before they ruin the sole means of getting good damage as a warrior.
    They do other changes along with that one

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast