+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assasin Poisons

Rift Chaser

Default Assasin Poisons

I always use the +health and +crit one. I don't ever use the -25% mana/etc or the straight water damage one.

Which ones do you guys use?

Shield of Telara

Same here, you could get a little more dps by using Virulent poison over Leeching, but I like the healing from Leeching. All of the poisons do water damage when they proc though, aside from the cloudy one from Infiltrator.
    Last edited by Stevoli; 05-19-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Same as you. Debilitating is almost useless for PvP. Anything with a mana bar will kill you LONG before +25% mana cost does anything to them...they are made to last through 5 minute boss fights. This could be +100% mana cost and not be OP. As for using it against energy users...Rogues regenerate it so fast that +7 or so energy per attack isn't going to make a difference. Warriors that survive long enough for this to matter don't do enough damage to bother anyway...and the other Warriors are the ones with 3-4 abilities off GCD that kill you in an instant. So many spells in this game are insta-cast that Cloudly poison is worthless...and does no damage to boot.

All in all, Assassin poisons pretty much blow, besides Lethal.

All assassin poisons blow.

First off, Lethal poison puts a debuff on the mob so if you have multiple rogues there's not much point in them all having it.

Secondly it gets overwritten by mark of extermination (Champion) or luminous gaze (Sentinel).

virulent/lethal. the tiny bit of healing will never make or break an encounter, i only use leeching if i know someone else will apply lethal debuff and i know ill be taking some dmg. for pvp i always use hellfire or lethal with fellblades, my assassin pvp spec is a sin/nb split 50/50.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Assassin poisons really add very little in terms of dps. Make sure you have the 5% crit one, whatever else you use will basically not matter. The dps they lend in the end is marginal. There is no equivalent to a true poison master like in WoW.

The 'king' weapon enchant in the game is Fel Blades (by far). After that hellfire if you talent (why wouldnt you?) and the 5% crit poison are next. Cloudy would be good, except in PvP MOST people use insta casts, but it can be great if you hit a long cast healer with it.

Lethal for crits, and debilitating, because despite the poster above states that 25% consumption add will drain a caster very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    Lethal for crits, and debilitating, because despite the poster above states that 25% consumption add will drain a caster very fast.
    On top of that, if you read the tooltip, it ALSO increases the energy and power costs of attackers.

I would say in a short fight, this makes it even more effective against purple and yellow bars than it would be against blue bars. I know that, as a rogue, I have to wait for energy once I use up my initial pool and debilitating increases that effect.

This poison is far from worthless, I would call it a must-have for PVP if you are specced into Sin deep enough to get it.
    Terk - Expert Marksman - Eternal IRON (Belmont)
    Eikke - Justicar (L4x) - Eternal IRON (Belmont)

My Marksman can beat up your Pyro...
    Terk's Guide to Marksman PVP (Cloak and Arrow style)

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    That's what I was using for a while. Before that I went with Cloudy & Debilitating, unsure if they stacked or not.

Now I juse use Lethal and Leeching. I really haven't noticed a difference in PvP regardless of which poison I use though. Most fights are over within 1 or 2 dps rotations.

Leeching probably isn't worth it at all in PvP though, I've noticed at the end of a match under healing done I'm usually at around 400hp or so healed, which isn't that much at all. I guess I mainly use it just for the added damage, so I'm probably going to switch to another poison.

PS.: If you are a 51pt sin, and use your poison buffs, the poisons can give you that little bit of extra oomph in your initial burst.
    Last edited by Stevoli; 05-20-2011 at 06:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread