+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gearing for Bard?

Soulwalker

Question Gearing for Bard?

Hey guys,

Doing my best to be as useful in WF as I can. It seems in spite of every class having the ability to fulfill multiple rolls, nobody is willing to change to support or healing when we have 10 dps in a black garden.

So my question is how am I supposed to gear a bard? Do I use my normal assassin/MM gear? Should my lessers/greaters be caster based?

Again this is for pvp, as a support roll trying to pump out as much healing as possible with a 51 bard spec.

Any useful input is appreciated.

I wouldn't personally roll with a 51 point bard in PvP.
    In a raid yes, but only because verse of joy is really helpful on PvE boss burns.

I would make a bard with more survivability for pvp, probably only go to a 44 point bard or so.

Rift Disciple

Gearing and bard don't really go together. They don't scale well. All I can tell you really is AP and talents that increase dmg flat and things that increase non physical dmg will help with healing on cadence. Tested myself the other day. Supposedly there is a physical part of cadence but everytime I specced physical to see if it would increase , well it didn't.

Basically you'll need DEX, AP and any talent increasing non phyiscal dmg or just flat increase of dmg. Also coda of resto is not effected by the 15% NB talent which some thinks it does.

If your going for surviving in PvP then prolly anything that will reduce dmg (Rang, RS) will help.
    Last edited by Razaden; 05-19-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Soulwalker

Seems like Bard was a pretty half-baked idea...

Soulwalker

My bard build that i currently use for PVP and 5-man support (I just hit lvl 46)

I will probably put one more point into resonance... then not sure what I'll do with the rest.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bqskaz.Vh.VG0h

I only use this build in Black Garden.

I've found it to work very well.

+ Reply to Thread