+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Viable PVE build - NB/SIN/RS

Soulwalker

Default Viable PVE build - NB/SIN/RS

Afternoon all,

Brand new to the game and I'm trying to figure out the whole build concept. This would be mainly for PvE Melee. I've read a lot over the last couple days on this build and that build, and I probably read too much. LOL.

So after playing a bit (level 15) I've been wondering about a NB/SIN/RS instead of the one I started with BD/NB/SIN. I have a bit of my points in the NB side and have been impressed on how I've taken things down. now this might be an imbalance perception because of my low level status still.

Then again I've got a feeling the answer is more "Play what you like to play, in PVE it's not a big deal"

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Horde

They're right, it's not a big deal, but you still need to enjoy yourself since everything gets repetitive.

At L15, though, you can't really play around with 3 souls all that much. I would probably focus on one, dump the rest in a secondary, and then take a 0-point soul for third, until 30 or so... I don't think I would pick riftstalker as a secondary until you can put 10-15 points in it, though, there are much better choices for solo pve.

That being said, I like sin/riftstalker higher up (it's my main pve build). Rift scavenger basically removes all downtime you get for solo PvE and makes you a little tougher. I like full-speed stealth (and perma stealth at 21) to get around mobs I don't want to fight.

So yeah, it does all boil down to whatever suits your play style. I think ranger is also a good idea when levleing low level, as you get the pet to tank for you and he heals quite fast. But not every one likes handling pets.
    Last edited by Malakor; 05-19-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Malakor - Cleric - Laethys (US PvE)
    Malakor - Rogue - Tearfall (US PvP)

Soulwalker

Correct, right now I have my points in NB and Sin. I have 0 in BD atm. I was thinking for later on and was wondering if that type of build had ever really been done.

I am still fair low but all my points in NB has allowed me to kill through the lower level stuff with no downtown. Now that being said I might not be doing top DPS for that level but I feel ok with the moving through things. So i might be doing something right LOL.

i think, like you said, it's about how you enjoy playing. (not a pet person, they tend to drive me insane lol)

Thanks,
    Horde

Telaran

Here's a thread for you to look at: Assassin/Nightblade/Riftstalker leveling spec?

I'm at a big fan of the NB/RS/Sin build and gave some information how I leveled early in that thread.

The one downside to a melee spec is there are some fights later game, where it will just not work and you're forced to go ranged but it's great for leveling and most PvE content.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the link. I'll take a look.

+ Reply to Thread