+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are people pairing Assassin with MM instead of NB?

Default Why are people pairing Assassin with MM instead of NB?

Hey all,

I've seen a lot of people (and builds on Zam) that seem to favor a deep Marksman build (44) paired with the extra points in Assassin. I'm wondering why this is? I pair my MM build with Nightblade for the +15% builder/finisher damage (as well as Hellfire Blades + Melted Skin), and the nice thing there is that I don't waste any points in skills I won't use.

Is the Assassin thing just for the +crit/+crit damage and Lethal Poison? I had originally taken a pass on Assassin because I didn't like wasting 3 points in the second tier on skills I wouldn't need (Cloak and Dagger or Serrated Blades to get to the next tier), but maybe I'm missing something? Are the crit and bleed effects from Assassin better than the flat damage bonuses from NB?

My current build, for the curious: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...h.EMtRVzAudk.x. (I'll be going 10 Inf/12 NB when I hit rank 2.)
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    Hey all,

I've seen a lot of people (and builds on Zam) that seem to favor a deep Marksman build (44) paired with the extra points in Assassin. I'm wondering why this is? I pair my MM build with Nightblade for the +15% builder/finisher damage (as well as Hellfire Blades + Melted Skin), and the nice thing there is that I don't waste any points in skills I won't use.

Is the Assassin thing just for the +crit/+crit damage and Lethal Poison? I had originally taken a pass on Assassin because I didn't like wasting 3 points in the second tier on skills I wouldn't need (Cloak and Dagger or Serrated Blades to get to the next tier), but maybe I'm missing something? Are the crit and bleed effects from Assassin better than the flat damage bonuses from NB?

My current build, for the curious: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...h.EMtRVzAudk.x. (I'll be going 10 Inf/12 NB when I hit rank 2.)
    17pt assassin point by itself (20% more crit dmg) is a higher dps boost than 15% combo builders and finishers. just test it.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Assassin gives a larger damage increase as a secondary soul than any other soul (except for BD in certain builds).

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

It's just straight up more damage.
    I still use NB, but that's for Twilight Shelter not damage output.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Telaran

Because some of us prefer having a build with 45% crit and ridiculously good damage.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EGtRqdAudR.0VR

There you go, your welcome.

15% crit (5% of that from Lethal Poison)

8% damage. (You only lose out on 7% damage from Nightblade but gain 15% crit)

Headshot (An instant finisher that does comparable damage if you are getting LOS'd, kited, or need to move)

30% Damage Turret

A pet

Predatory Instincts - 46 AP

If you are geared properly in PVP gear (I'm rank 5, nearly R6 and have almost all the R5 gear) then you should have roughly 42-45% crit if you are gemmed with epic crit essences.) then the burst in this spec is unbeatable.

Sure in some specs you can get slightly higher numbers, but in this spec, you get the higher number, way more often. You won't find a spec that does consistently more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatf View Post
    If you are geared properly in PVP gear (I'm rank 5, nearly R6 and have almost all the R5 gear) then you should have roughly 42-45% crit if you are gemmed with epic crit essences.) then the burst in this spec is unbeatable.

Sure in some specs you can get slightly higher numbers, but in this spec, you get the higher number, way more often. You won't find a spec that does consistently more damage.
    You're not suggesting your 51 MM/Ranger/Sin build is a PvP build are you?

Telaran

Also, with my build, it is not uncommon to see all 5 rapid shots crit.

Telaran

In my premades yes this is the build I most commonly run with. I have purge and I have a ton of damage, more BURST damage than any other spec you can possibly link me. This is the spec I run with because it provides the best damage output in PvP.

I run with warriors who have healing debuffs.

I bring purge and tons of damage. I can kill 2-3 people in a single imp hit and run burst.

Telaran

I use 3 different MM specs depending on teh situation, 34 MM, 32 NB for healing debuffs. An infiltrator build for the 25% cast speed reduction.

But when it comes to a pure damage build with purge, you can't beat 51 MM/7 Ranger/8 Assasin.

In my premades yes this is the build I most commonly run with. I have purge and I have a ton of damage, more BURST damage than any other spec you can possibly link me. This is the spec I run with because it provides the best damage output in PvP.

I run with warriors who have healing debuffs.

I bring purge and tons of damage. I can kill 2-3 people in a single imp hit and run burst.
    I assure you, your success has more to do with the fact you're in a premade than your spec.

Also, with my build, it is not uncommon to see all 5 rapid shots crit.
    At 50% crit chance, you have about a 3% chance to have all five shots crit unless there's a bug of some sort. That seems like it qualifies as "uncommon" to me.

Telaran

No, it's because I'm ****ing amazing.

Show me a build that does more damage? You won't be able to.

More DPS than 51MM? How about any combination of sab, bd, sin, or nb?

Telaran

If you cannot run that build with success it's because you don't have the gear to do it

That's exactly my point, you can run with a damage only build because you have a premade backing you up. You can skip survivability and utility and let your constant premade cover you. That's not you being "bleeping amazing" that's everyone who run a premade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast