+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3-Step Guide to killing Clerics

Default 3-Step Guide to killing Clerics

Ever approached that Cleric with full confidence knowing you have what it takes to down him? You open well and you begin to see the Clerics HP diminish right before your eyes! Foul Play is still stunning the enemy and you near climax at the suspense of dropping this mythical beast! BUT WAIT! Just WAIT! Foul Play has worn off and your previous arsenal of attacks has been laughed at by a full heal.

Now my friends, you enjoy and endless kite where your damage no longer serves cause in this battle, I'd advise to run for the nearest edge and take as much fall damage as you can to rid yourself of the shame of dieing to such a being and of course to avoid giving that cursed Cleric the satisfaction of killing you 325 damage at a time!

Worry not my dearest Rogues! For those of you who have fallen to this circumstance one to many times without solution are now in luck. Just follow this 3 step plan and you'll be sure to drop that B#%CH.

1. Apply your full set of bleeds. (Don't forget expose weakness)
    2. Slip Away. (Don't forget expose weakness)
    3. Resume normal rotation Assassinate > Foul Play > Puncture > Deadly Strike > SerpentStrike+Backstab

Thats'all folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Ever approached that Cleric with full confidence knowing you have what it takes to down him? You open well and you begin to see the Clerics HP diminish right before your eyes! Foul Play is still stunning the enemy and you near climax at the suspense of dropping this mythical beast! BUT WAIT! Just WAIT! Foul Play has worn off and your previous arsenal of attacks has been laughed at by a full heal.

Now my friends, you enjoy and endless kite where your damage no longer serves cause in this battle, I'd advise to run for the nearest edge and take as much fall damage as you can to rid yourself of the shame of dieing to such a being and of course to avoid giving that cursed Cleric the satisfaction of killing you 325 damage at a time!

Worry not my dearest Rogues! For those of you who have fallen to this circumstance one to many times without solution are now in luck. Just follow this 3 step plan and you'll be sure to drop that B#%CH.

1. Apply your full set of bleeds. (Don't forget expose weakness)
    2. Slip Away. (Don't forget expose weakness)
    3. Resume normal rotation Assassinate > Foul Play > Puncture > Deadly Strike > SerpentStrike+Backstab

Thats'all folks!
    Well no ****in duh you can kill the cleric using Slip Away, but does it not seem a little off to have to resort to a 2 min. cooldown JUST to kill a class that Rogues are meant to slaughter in the first place?

this is why I stopped playing my Nightblade spec, a 1 trick pony every 2 minutes until an Eradicate spammer joins the opposing team, then i'm just free favor/prestige.
    Last edited by Skyline; 05-19-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Well no ****in duh you can kill the cleric using Slip Away, but does it not seem a little off to have to resort to a 2 min. cooldown JUST to kill a class that Rogues are meant to slaughter in the first place?

this is why I stopped playing my Nightblade spec, a 1 trick pony every 2 minutes until an Eradicate spammer joins the opposing team, then i'm just free favor/prestige.
    Who are Rogues NOT supposed to slaughter? Warriors?

You act like nobody else is having to use their own cooldowns and you should be able to just buzzsaw through people with rotation macro'd to a single button.

Everyone uses cooldowns even 2 minute ones, it's part of the game.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Who are Rogues NOT supposed to slaughter? Warriors?
    Based completely in theory I'd say that you have to separate between rogue souls, or souls in general.

Ranged are for killing melee.
    Physical damage (BD / Assassin) is for killing those with squishy armor (rogues/mages).
    Non-physical Damage (ignoring armor) is for killing those with better armor (cleric/warrior).

So if someone is trying to kill a warrior or cleric using only physical damage and it is getting absorbed maybe they need to put points into doing massive non-physical damage.

Then again valor changes things.

I have noticed that against rogues and mages I do pretty well, and against healers and warriors I lose more than I win (even with using a full Deadly Strike to Slip Away to Assassinate)...but I'm lvl 46 and I'm under-geared (I only have quest rewards and I haven't even gone to Iron Pine, Shimmersand, or Stillmoor for quests yet because I like to do the zones in order and until all quests are done even if they are grey....lvl 46 just starting droughtlands). Atm I'm noticing even in world PvP most even level people have about 300 more hitpoints than I (I'm guessing due to gear and builds).
    Last edited by The Unseen; 05-19-2011 at 06:07 AM.

yes I realize this....

but take this scenario for example.

You're in Scion, match starts and everyone rushes to the bridge, you get behind enemy lines, target the loneliest healer, zerg him down.

then what? you popped slip away already.

Does the fact that the ability is named Slip Away not set any alarms off in anyone else's head that it's being used as an offensive cooldown?

Now maybe if it was named "Slip Away... PSYCH!!! TAKE THIS YOU HEALER *****"

yea that should be what it's called.
    Last edited by Skyline; 05-19-2011 at 06:08 AM.

but does it not seem a little off to have to resort to a 2 min. cooldown JUST to kill a class that Rogues are meant to slaughter in the first place?
    Wow I almost stopped reading there, not really sure why I kept reading tbh. You honestly think a Rogue should have the ability to seamlessly kill Cleric after Cleric without the use of any extensive cool downs? Dam lol.

These are not mere Clerics, they are Clerics that are primarily DESIGNED to heal and only heal. Pre-1.2 Pyros on GoS could not even drop a good geared Cleric healing himself, but us Rogues could and obviously still can.

Sarcasm isn't really needed here, I'm merely stating this for Rogues who have a tough time getting the job done on such clerics with a light hearted sense of humor.

Telaran

yes I realize this....

You're in Scion, match starts and everyone rushes to the bridge, you get behind enemy lines, target the loneliest healer, zerg him down.

Does the fact that the ability is named Slip Away not set any alarms off in anyone else's head that it's being used as an offensive cooldown?

Umm, I don't think any one person should be able to 1 v 1 a healer. Complaining that you have to use cooldowns to do it is dumb. It shouldn't even be possible unless the healer is just really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Wow I almost stopped reading there, not really sure why I kept reading tbh. You honestly think a Rogue should have the ability to seamlessly kill Cleric after Cleric without the use of any extensive cool downs? Dam lol.

These are not mere Clerics, they are Clerics that are primarily DESIGNED to heal and only heal. Pre-1.2 Pyros on GoS could not even drop a good geared Cleric healing himself, but us Rogues could and obviously still can.

Sarcasm isn't really needed here, I'm merely stating this for Rogues who have a tough time getting the job done on such clerics with a light hearted sense of humor.
    read my second post,

and to solidify my point.

A cleric earlier healed to full in 3 seconds from 10% after i dumped everything on him, yes even a deadly strike > slip > jagged combo.

he then /laughed and burst me down in 3 - 4 seconds.

I'll try and find the logs.

yes I realize this....

Ok let me get this straight.
    Currently you can sneak in, drop a Healer in the back but you'll end up getting killed by his buddies when you're done. Basically trading 1 dps for a 1 Healer.

What you want is to, sneak in and drop the Healer, but than use a cooldown to escape afterwards putting you in no actual danger as you look for the next Healer to drop?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Currently you can sneak in, drop a Healer in the back but you'll end up getting killed by his buddies when you're done. Basically trading 1 dps for a 1 Healer.

What you want is to, sneak in and drop the Healer, but than use a cooldown to escape afterwards putting you in no actual danger as you look for the next Healer to drop?
    Sounds like it. Some people don't care about balance at all. Just winning. And by winning, I mean topping meaningless charts and being invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post

I thought rogues wanted to sneak in, instant gib one guy, aoe carve into another, and then slip away, only to stunlock a cleric 100-0 immediately afterward, then dodge/immune their way back to their front line unscathed just in time for their 2 minute hero cooldowns to refresh, letting them start the process all over agian.

Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-19-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Shadowlander

When I play my cleric, a well played rogue is pretty much the only thing I have to worry about. I'm ok with this, and I'm also ok with it requiring the rogue to burn cooldowns to do so. For one thing, its going to take the better part of two minutes for me to regain the position before death. Secondly, the rogue burned their cooldowns to make everybody that I had been healing much more susceptible to being burned down. This is a group effort after all, so looking at the big picture is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I thought rogues wanted to sneak in, instant gib one guy, aoe carve into another, and then slip away, only to stunlock a cleric 100-0 immediately afterward, then dodge/immune their way back to their front line unscathed just in time for their 2 minute hero cooldowns to refresh, letting them start the process all over agian.

Go to the other Class forums and you'll see people swearing Rogues do that already.

you all fail to see the point... still....

THERE IS NO TRADING 1 DPS for 1 HEALER.

It's giving them free prestige/favor when I attempt to kill said healer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast