+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting bard build.

Rift Disciple

Default Interesting bard build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.0VMcx0b.VV0h

Very good dps especially when compared to what classical bards are used to. Have not tested the hps potential, but I am guessing it will be very nice considering cadence is crititng for about 400 self buffed. In theory, should be able to pull 700+ dps. The hps, well, see for your self.

So, throw up motifs, spam cadence+deadly strike. Pretty simple. If you want to get fancy, throw in a coda of restoration if needed.
    Last edited by deathjackal; 05-18-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Whitejackale
    <Iconic Fatality>

Soulwalker

Nice build. I moved Resonance to Ambidextrous for more AP and crit chance. Haven't try with 1v1 Elite mob yet but it looks promising.
    Last edited by HemanC; 05-19-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HemanC View Post
    Nice build. I moved Resonance to Ambidextrous for more AP and crit chance. Haven't try with 1v1 Elite mob yet but it looks promising.
    36 bard or bust... only reason to have a bard build now is for the rez, if you dont get it, you might as well not have gone bard...

nice spec, im currently rocking 40bard/18bd/8nb and am pushing 450 unbuffed dps while healing like a champ.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    36 bard or bust... only reason to have a bard build now is for the rez, if you dont get it, you might as well not have gone bard...

nice spec, im currently rocking 40bard/18bd/8nb and am pushing 450 unbuffed dps while healing like a champ.
    Generally speaking, I do agree with you but I am trying to find a build that will allow me to solo elites with my less than perfect gears. I am quite sure there will be some sort of healing involve. It would be points well spent to go 36 if I can find use for it while soloing. Do you have a build to solo elite with crappy gears?
    Last edited by HemanC; 05-19-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HemanC View Post
    Generally speaking, I do agree with you but I am trying to find a build that will allow me to solo elites with my less than perfect gears. I am quite sure there will be some sort of healing involve. It would be points well spent to go 36 if I can find use for it while soloing. Do you have a build to solo elite with crappy gears?
    34bard rest sab for soloing elites... still might as well go 36 bard as you only need improved blast charge and some other stuff from sab leaving you some extra points to put in nb or whatever. 34pt mez + 5x blast charge + detonate repeat = soloing elites! this build is ancient and old and nothing beats it for soloing elites of any caliber or lvl (blast charges never miss so a lvl 45 can solo a lvl 52 elite).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

Thank you very much. Work like a charm. OP, sorry for stealing your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    34bard rest sab for soloing elites... still might as well go 36 bard as you only need improved blast charge and some other stuff from sab leaving you some extra points to put in nb or whatever. 34pt mez + 5x blast charge + detonate repeat = soloing elites! this build is ancient and old and nothing beats it for soloing elites of any caliber or lvl (blast charges never miss so a lvl 45 can solo a lvl 52 elite).

Banned

Not a useable raid bard without 51 points.

Rift Disciple

I modified the spec slightly to improve dps/hps, but you lose out on the rez.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.VV0N.0VMcx0b

Same rotation. Cadence spam+deadly strike.

If you see that aoe healing is not required at a certain point in a fight. You can replace cadence with keen strike+quickstrike/precision strike combo.
    Whitejackale
    <Iconic Fatality>

+ Reply to Thread