+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spotter's Order

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Default Spotter's Order

How do I convince a warrior in our guild to use this? We have a rogue MT and all our other warriors are DPS for the "race" fights like Plutonus and that mage guy at the end of GP. Its a huge DPS gain for all classes, but especially rogues. How do we make the case that one of our usual tanks switches from BM to WL to keep this debuff active?

tell one to man up and take the personal dps loss in favor of the rest of ya. just like a bard or archon would, though less extreme supportyness

I was actually playing with just that change yesterday. My warrior is fairly low level and that probably plays into it but the personal dps loss was massive. You may be able to convince them but you'll need to make sure it's actually worth it.

Me? I think Warlord should be a support soul (purple flag and all) anyhow so if it works, rock out.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Because SO is an average of like 120 DPS for every DPS in the raid, plus extra for tanks, chloros, etc. It's probably a larger overall boost than any other single skill in the game.

If you had a person that did 0 DPS but kept SO up, your raid DPS would probably be higher than if that person was DPSing normally. However, you can make a warlord build that does 600-700 DPS in a raid pretty easily, which makes them a clear gain for the raid as a whole.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

5min edit:

Like this?

@Din: Didn't know SO was that good. I'll have to reconsider some things.

Maybe? I obviously don't know damage contributions. Thinking about the "someone has to Fierce Strike" role since you're already being the dps fluffer.
    Last edited by exLupo; 05-18-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    How do I convince a warrior in our guild to use this? We have a rogue MT and all our other warriors are DPS for the "race" fights like Plutonus and that mage guy at the end of GP. Its a huge DPS gain for all classes, but especially rogues. How do we make the case that one of our usual tanks switches from BM to WL to keep this debuff active?
    Rather easily - you tell him to f*cking spec properly or you will find a warrior that will. If SO isn't up full time your warriors should be ashamed of themselves.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    5min edit:

Like this?

@Din: Didn't know SO was that good. I'll have to reconsider some things.

Maybe? I obviously don't know damage contributions. Thinking about the "someone has to Fierce Strike" role since you're already being the dps fluffer.
    Fierce Strike only affects your own pet now.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Fierce Strike only affects your own pet now.
    Doesn't seem to be the case, my pet's DPS still goes up if someone else is fierce striking...

Warlord is less support then bard or archon? Are you sure about that?

For dps buffs:

Warlord > archon > bard

If none of the warriors want to play a warlord for the buffs, get one who does and bring them instead. Easy.

+ Reply to Thread