+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Share your rogue Port of Scion aoe bridge role!

Champion of Telara

Default Share your rogue Port of Scion aoe bridge role!

Let's face it, having a gimmick aoe role setup for Port of Scion bridge action isn't that uncommon.

I'm curious to see, what are some of your favorite setups and soul point distributions for doing this on a rogue?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Let's face it, having a gimmick aoe role setup for Port of Scion bridge action isn't that uncommon.

I'm curious to see, what are some of your favorite setups and soul point distributions for doing this on a rogue?
    i dont, i dive in, scatter the shadow's (eat everyone's CC's) and become immune to it for 24s, pop defer death and cap the flag(sometimes dont even use scatter if theres no1 there to CC you while you DD). If i'm defending, using sab with bombs and shrap detonates.

Sez

Shrapnel x 5

/thread
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

I like my marks spec for Port Scion. Has aoe for bridge(1 talent point in + targets so i hit 6 people) using fan out + crossfire. Though unless they are spam trying to cap the flag, it's much more useful to pop improved hit and run and burst down any healer you see.

If you're not making a dent in a geared cleric, run up to him and try to knock him back toward his spawn and then root him there. Anything to interrupt him from spamming heals. 70% move speed buff on 21 second cooldown is nice for running the sourcestone.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Shrapnel x 5

/thread
    I was hoping for something a little more unusual

How about for the times when you aren't likely to be able to stack charges well, worth it to try a 33 sab/21 ranger/12 nb? Gives Trick Shot and Rain of Arrows for times when you want quicker damage.

Champion of Telara

Missed edit time.

Or is it better to just go full out sab and subbing assassin/whatever to improve shrapnel damage?

That would be boring

i made somethin sim to this.

like 32-33 sab 15 inf and the rest marksman for the aoe they have and that aoe knockback it works great if you have someone doing sustained aoeing while you are doin spiked damge. that annibomb and the other aoe bombs work great too. i have them specced into longer range so you can use your aoe bombs while running into charge/detonate range.
    Last edited by bakedspaghetti; 05-18-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    4LOKO, NOW IN LUNCHABLES

Shrapnel is just ridiculous. It's even amazing for single target in warfronts lol. With high explosives, after a full shrapnel detonate you leave 1k per tick worth of dots on your target. It's kind of OP at the moment but I dont mind lol.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Plane Touched

I use 44 Sab/22 Sin (It's great in any WF especially when you face people that run back to their team after noticing they are full of charges)

Timed Bomb > Shrapnel x5 > Frag Bomb > Detonate. All the damage comes at the same time and hits everyone in the area taking most of them down to 50% health and below before the DoT's start ticking.

Rather effective in Port Scion since people there don't realise that I'm throwing charges on them, or I have used my perma-stealth to get behind them.

Champion of Telara

I don't have one because it's pointless and a waste. PvP in not PvE and the people you are fighting have these things which stand outside the AOE range called healers.

All you do is sit there with big damage numbers and maybe if you are lucky you'll get a KB or too in the process. But usually, you're just making it easier for your team to get wiped as your tickle isn't really killing anyone because it can be healed through so easily.

I'm that guy that's on the other side hitting on their healers and trying to find people to assist in doing it so we can actually get something accomplished outside some stupid numbers on a scoreboard nobody really cares about. In the process, I'm also that guy you are watching kill your support because you are too busy trying AOE the flag stand.

So unless you've got like 5 or 6 people doing AOE(who would still be better off running an assist train), or the other team has absolutely no healing, then you are pretty much a waste of space.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...tzG0x0o.xx0R0f

Basically:
    - Scourge of Darkness
    - Concussive Blast
    - Rain of Arrows
    - Improved Trick Shot (combined with SoD = deadly)

Although this build is pre-1.2. No clue how it works now. Used to outdamage stormcallers with it though

Rift Disciple

I usually bard during the initial bridge clash. Run in, get my motifs up while moving to a nice spot. Riff a target, pop virtuoso and spam aoe or heals. Whatever is needed. The bard aoe with virtuoso is actually semi decent. Once the dust settles, switch to my regular sin spec and start stalking stragglers.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Cleanse Soul > Saboteurs. I love popping that **** at 4 charges.

Rift Disciple

just for the numbers:
    trick shot-crit + shadowfire-buff + deadlystrike-buff = shrapnel-crit
    i tried to maximise aoe and anything beside shrapnel isnt worth it

51 nb / 15 inf

Living Flame > Fiery Chains + Weapon Flare spam

FC and WF both tick for 100% of the damage they do over 6 seconds.

all the while i'm spreading fell blades and i'm immune while doing it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast