+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue's can kill any class (except wardens)

Shadowlander

Default Rogue's can kill any class (except wardens)

Granted this is a ridiculous statement because we are still underpowered compared to casters but I am a rank 4 rogue and duel my rank 6 cleric rl friend daily. I win 50% of the time and he is one of the best on the server. That being said, noone can kill a 51 warden alone it takes a rogue with fell blades or eradicate and one straight dps to help. I manage to beat him in every other spec as long as i am souled properly. 51 nb 15 inf beats every war and most cleric builds besides warden. 35bd 31sin kills any mage nearly instantly. 44marks etc is a great all around build if you like playing an incredibly mobile glass cannon (eradicate, deaden rfs) or 34 marks 32nb (fell blades) for cleric killing. I make at least one new build everyday so i feel like ii know what im talking about. since 1.2 we have gotten better but besides one soul in the entire game we tend to have enough burst dps with heal debuffs to kill just about anyone. throw in 51sin 15bd for world pvp and u have a pretty good class.
    To sum up

Rogues are fine
    Mages are fine (seriously if u know what you're doing 1 shotting is rare if it happens at all, besides any good group rolls the mages first)
    Clerics are broken (warden=godlike)
    warriors are fine (if they play champion)

Please trion fix wardens or just healing in general... diminishing returns maybe?

so u think it is fine that an MM can remove our hots with no cd? but you still cant kill us??? wtf.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Kira420 View Post
    so u think it is fine that an MM can remove our hots with no cd? but you still cant kill us??? wtf.
    All rogues are obviously Marksmen in PvP.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    All rogues are obviously Marksmen in PvP.
    Seems that way lately. I'm still running around on my sin though, always will :P

he did state he played 2 dif mm builds.....

Swear I remember reading countless times that classes weren't being balanced based on 1vs.1 combat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Martyr View Post
    Swear I remember reading countless times that classes weren't being balanced based on 1vs.1 combat.
    that being said, every other soul combo in the game can actualy die 1 v 1 to all other callings. warden is the only one that cannot be killed by rogues or dps clerics. however a warden can die to a vk (long fight) and a pyro but that is about it. so this one class has 2 counters 1 from 2 of the 4 callings... that is coming very close to the definition of OP

imo no other class comes even close to being OP.

in order to balance group play you must first balance 1 v 1 play. sure it should be like a rock paper scissors type thing, but to have a class that is say bubble gum in a rock paper scissros game and simply ruins the day of rock papers AND scissors.. yeah that's OP. fortunately pyros are cannons and vks are garbage cans and both of them do well against bubble gum if not rock papers and scissors :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kira420 View Post
    ok i do think its fair we remove your buffs because u still dont die. As 51 warden it takes 2 competent players to kill you and thats not even factoring in that most warriors and rogues around you become nearly unkillable as well... they dont drop till we kill the warden. Please read your statment again cause it makes absolutely no sense but i answered as best i could..

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by The Martyr View Post
    but it seems they are fairly balanced except for 1 exception.. why is this.. thanks for coming to the rogue forums mr. warden

Plane Touched

I don't have any problem killing wardens. 51NB/15inf isn't a very good cleric killing role so you're just doing it wrong.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post
    I don't have any problem killing wardens. 51NB/15inf isn't a very good cleric killing role so you're just doing it wrong.
    please enlighten me. if you read better that was a good build most of the time. not against wardens. thanks for reading half my post... grats on being the only rogue that can solo a rank 6 51 warden you are the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Killacam View Post
    please enlighten me. if you read better that was a good build most of the time. not against wardens. thanks for reading half my post... grats on being the only rogue that can solo a rank 6 51 warden you are the man!
    I'm half thinking you're trolling, simply because of the very specific set of circumstances that you're presenting in order to validate your opinion that wardens (and healing in general) should be taken down a notch.

You're upset because you can kill *everyone* else in 1v1 except a rank 6 51-point Warden whose only real marketable skill happens to be keeping himself and others alive? I'm kind of curious as to where you're engaging these wardens as well. In open world PvP, running around solo as a pure healing spec doesn't seem like a very effective approach. If it's in Warfronts, well, you have a whole team to back you up there anyway.

Like I said, the game's not being balanced towards 1v1 combat. Just because it happens to be close to that right now, doesn't mean that it was the end result, but rather just a pleasant coincidence. I could be wrong on this point, though, so if anyone has a post saying that 1v1 balance was Trion's goal, I'd be glad to hear it, since I can't remember exactly where I read that 1v1 balance wasn't in their agenda.

As for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Killacam View Post
    but it seems they are fairly balanced except for 1 exception.. why is this.. thanks for coming to the rogue forums mr. warden
    First, it would be Ms. Warden.

Second, for those that are curious, my main is a Rogue. I solo as a Ranger/MM, group as a Riftstalker tank, and do Warfronts as either a Bard or an MM. I have a Cleric, but she's a Sent/Purifier when she's healing. So I'd appreciate you not making dumbass assumptions. Thanks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post
    Please tell me what's a great build against clerics. They are annoying as hell to kill.
    Chillex - Rogue (Laethys)

Era
    Champion of Telara

Burst them down. I've been killed at least 50 times by ranger/marksman...it's getting kind of old at this point.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    Burst them down. I've been killed at least 50 times by ranger/marksman...it's getting kind of old at this point.
    Probably shouldn't run around with your pve gear equipped there champ.

(Gear)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast