+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard: A couple starter questions

Question Bard: A couple starter questions

I had a couple questions before I take on this soul:

1.) For a Bard with a Ranger soul, can Anthems/Motifs etc. affect your pet? Same for the Invigorated Soul talent that adds healing to your Cadence, does it heal your pet?

2.) Powers like Cadence that deal "Weapon Damage plus...", is that based on your ranged weapon?

3.) Cadence is channeled, so I'm guessing it can suffer push-back?
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play."
    - Capt. James T. Kirk

1. Not sure. Never cared about pets enough to look.
    2. If you have MM as a soul, then yes.
    3. No.

Rift Disciple

1) Yes. They get all group buffs. They are prioritized behind players though for aoe healing(if it heals 10 people, the pet won't get healed unless there aren't 10 people who need healing).

2) Only if you have 0 or more points in Marksman or Ranger(it has to be equipped). Ranger works much better as a soul to support bard. I've seen 51 bard/8 NB/7 Ranger work well as an example.

3) It does not suffer from pushback.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Ambriel View Post
    1.) For a Bard with a Ranger soul, can Anthems/Motifs etc. affect your pet? Same for the Invigorated Soul talent that adds healing to your Cadence, does it heal your pet?

2.) Powers like Cadence that deal "Weapon Damage plus...", is that based on your ranged weapon?

3.) Cadence is channeled, so I'm guessing it can suffer push-back?
    1) Yes, yes

2) Only if you have the ranger or marksman soul + bard soul

3) No, but you can be interupted/silenced
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Shadowlander

1: Your heals including the one from Cadence effects you, your party and raid. So your pet does count and gets healed.

2: It works off of your currently in use weapons. So if you have a ranged soul (Ranger/MM) then yes it will be your Ranged weapon, if you use melee weapons it only counts your main hand weapon. So going with a big gun or bow us your best bet. Also if your starting out Ranger is a good combo (that you can respec out of later) since your pet will tank and be healed by your abilities.

3: Push back no, but you can't move.

Soulwalker

Default Bard/Ranger/Riftstalker

I'm trying something similar, but with a twist. Bard/Ranger/Riftstalker

I was thinking the teleporting of the RS would be handy, and it is. In PVE, if a mob slips past my pet and gets to me, i port straight ahed, turn and start shooting again, throw in the bard healing with my pet and all the buffs, i'm finding this mix a wonderful rogue, tho not a powerhouse, it still is a fun play

+ Reply to Thread