Rift Disciple

Default Melee Sab 1.2

The spec - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...00cEb0o.Vf0A0o

The Rotation -
    Keen Strike -> Precision Strike -> Puncture -> Deadly Strike
    Spike x 5 -> Detonate
    Repeat.

Pop Blade Tempo right before detonate.

Currently parsing ~1k in mostly T2 gear with T2 epic weapons. Self buffs only(dex, poisons), no consumables. I'm not one to write overly long posts, so ask if you have questions, I'll be happy to answer.

isnt it better to use a more elaborate rotation?

like 5x spike -> deadly dance -> annihilation bomb
    5x shrapnel
    5x spike
    deadly dance rotation
    5x spike
    5x shrap
    5x spike -> deadly -> annihilation?

just some thoughts... i personally use a ranged sabo spec so ill never test this to see :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

I was under the impression that deadly dance only affted the damge of the next 3 combo point generating abilities. Placing a charge on the enemy does not do any damage, so how exactly does deadly dance help you?

Shield of Telara

DD will apply to charges from everything i've seen. + charges do dmg when detonated

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanze View Post
    I was under the impression that deadly dance only affted the damge of the next 3 combo point generating abilities. Placing a charge on the enemy does not do any damage, so how exactly does deadly dance help you?
    deadly dance is not consumed by placing charges or detonating but the dmg is applied since charges count as combo point generating abilities.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanze View Post
    Talent works in the same way as Blazing Fury in NB. I wasn't sure it would work either, but parsing has shown a huge increase in the spike charge DOT from my standard sab spec to this one.

isnt it better to use a more elaborate rotation?
    The spec actually doesn't go deep enough into Sab to pick up Ani Bomb or the Shrapnel DOT. I did consider the rotation you're suggesting, just haven't tested it yet. I feel like the cooldown on ani bomb would be too restricting to make it work.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    deadly dance is not consumed by placing charges or detonating but the dmg is applied since charges count as combo point generating abilities.
    This is true, and probably one of the reasons this spec is so high. Charges take the damage bonus from DD but do not consume it. So you end up with a stack of charges with the bonus as well as your next 3 non charge abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfMind View Post
    Talent works in the same way as Blazing Fury in NB. I wasn't sure it would work either, but parsing has shown a huge increase in the spike charge DOT from my standard sab spec to this one.

The spec actually doesn't go deep enough into Sab to pick up Ani Bomb or the Shrapnel DOT. I did consider the rotation you're suggesting, just haven't tested it yet. I feel like the cooldown on ani bomb would be too restricting to make it work.
    You could pick up Residual Shrapnel pretty easily with your build.

I'm going to parse your build/rotation compared to the Sab/BD one I've been using that relies on Spike+Shrapnel rather than Spike+BD attacks.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post

I'm going to parse your build/rotation compared to the Sab/BD one I've been using that relies on Spike+Shrapnel rather than Spike+BD attacks.
    Yea it would be easy enough to get, I just assumed the BD abilites would fit better into the rotation.

especially since puncture is useless, so is most of the stuff you took in BD, i made my first response without clicking the build... i always assuming exactly 20 points in assassin, 20 is mandatory and any more or less is just wrong, and even with deadly dance i still see 44sabo beating it in single target fights.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    especially since puncture is useless, so is most of the stuff you took in BD, i made my first response without clicking the build... i always assuming exactly 20 points in assassin, 20 is mandatory and any more or less is just wrong, and even with deadly dance i still see 44sabo beating it in single target fights.
    This is actually out-DPSing my 44 Sab by a pretty substantial amount. Puncture is an easy, decent DPS, 2 CP builder to maintain DD.

Rift Disciple

the spike/shrap rotation is better, i already tested his build primarily before coming up with the spike/shrap rotation.

As for the Annihilation bomb, youd have to sacrifice losing points out of sin or bd to go that deep and complicates the rotation. 20 points minimum for sin , and 18 points in BD minimum which leaves you with 2 points left for sab. Id rather pick up bladetempo and puncture for an easy rotation + more dps than something with better Aoe dps.

Telaran

residual shrapnel is definatly worth it, i tick for 1.1k on the dot (crit) at least, 1.7k on spike charge crit

again i run a ranged sab spec so cannot say how the melee ones differ but my 44sab/20sin/2rng build is always top dps on fights like herald and alsbeth.... not to mention trash. though herald is a melee fight (like greenscale) it has lots of adds and sabo simply rocks here... alsbeth ill never get in melee range, that is akin to death for a rogue with no plate or hp.

i mean i running 1500dps on alsbeth and that fight has TONS of downtime.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinglols View Post
    residual shrapnel is definatly worth it, i tick for 1.1k on the dot (crit) at least, 1.7k on spike charge crit
    What would the rotation look like?
    BD Abilities -> DD
    Spikex5
    Shrapx5
    Repeat?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast